PDA

View Full Version : tough schedule to start

faffy42
04-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Reds have faced a tough schedule to begin the year... the defending world series champions twice, the division leading nationals, and the talent laden marlins... when do we get an easy series? ...it might just help us get our bats on track. But maybe our schedule and the teams we have faced have dealt us the slow start and low batting averages.

texasdave
04-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Reds have faced a tough schedule to begin the year... the defending world series champions twice, the division leading nationals, and the talent laden marlins... when do we get an easy series? ...it might just help us get our bats on track. But maybe our schedule and the teams we have faced have dealt us the slow start and low batting averages.

Beating up the weaker teams is all fine and dandy. But if this team is gonna make the playoffs and do anything when they get there, these are the types of teams they are going have to face and beat. Beating the weak teams and losing to the good teams means that you are mediocre. I think everyone in both the organization and the fan base are expecting a little more than mediocre in 2012.

faffy42
04-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Beating up the weaker teams is all fine and dandy. But if this team is gonna make the playoffs and do anything when they get there, these are the types of teams they are going have to face and beat. Beating the weak teams and losing to the good teams means that you are mediocre. I think everyone in both the organization and the fan base are expecting a little more than mediocre in 2012.

Yea in the end we have to hit the big boys obviously...but, I'm just saying that to start the season maybe our bats could have benefited from facing 1 series of easier teams/pitching to start the season...just to get things rolling.

jrandal9
04-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Good news guys! We have the lowly cubs to end this road trip and then the minor league Astros are coming to town! We will be looking good after those series. Really can't wait for the positive threads to start popping up. Get on the W train because I know it is coming!

jpurdy974
04-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Looks like 7 of the Nationals wins are against the Cubs, Reds, and Astros. Are the Nats really a good team or are they just beating up on bad ones?

texasdave
04-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Good news guys! We have the lowly cubs to end this road trip and then the minor league Astros are coming to town! We will be looking good after those series. Really can't wait for the positive threads to start popping up. Get on the W train because I know it is coming!

If ever a team needed the cubbies and the aaastros back to back it is this club. Would be even better if they grabbed the last two in St. Louis to get a little momentum going.