PDA

View Full Version : Optimistic

GoReds19
04-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Trying to stay optimistic here. The schedule gets significantly easier after tomorrow for a while. If they could somehow get the bats going and go on some kind of a win streak like 13 of the next 16 or something like that.

They got 1 more with St louis
3 at Chicago
9 at home with SF, HOU, and CHC
3 at PIT

LeDoux
04-19-2012, 01:21 AM
Trying to stay optimistic here. The schedule gets significantly easier after tomorrow for a while. If they could somehow get the bats going and go on some kind of a win streak like 13 of the next 16 or something like that.

They got 1 more with St louis
3 at Chicago
9 at home with SF, HOU, and CHC
3 at PIT

Bless you for your optimism. I mean it.

EMAW
04-19-2012, 01:28 AM
5-9 after 14 games in 2010

herbdizzle
04-19-2012, 01:45 AM
Everyone just needs to calm the hell down on the board. It's 12 games in and 9 of those games have been against the Cardinals and Nationals who are both early division leaders. Let's see the Reds play against a few other teams before we start jumping ship. They've lost a couple games due to bad breaks and with the exception of Latos have gotten pretty solid starting pitching.

I see a lot of positives early on:

1) Chapman looks dominant and an asset in the starting rotation for the last 2/3 of the year.

2) Cueto is pitching solid and showing last year was not a fluke.

3) Cozart is a legit everyday major leaguer and solves SS.

4) The defense looks really sharp.

I think the Reds need to pick up a LH OF bench bat and could use another major league caliber reliever. Whether they fill these needs through a trade of Stubbs, Heisey, or Bailey (or some combination thereof) or promote from within we'll see. Keep an eye on Rhinehart & Daryl Jones in AAA.

The sky is not falling. Let's see how we do against the Cubs, Stros, & Pirates of the world over the next couple of weeks.

jhu1321
04-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Everyone just needs to calm the hell down on the board. It's 12 games in and 9 of those games have been against the Cardinals and Nationals who are both early division leaders. Let's see the Reds play against a few other teams before we start jumping ship. They've lost a couple games due to bad breaks and with the exception of Latos have gotten pretty solid starting pitching.

I see a lot of positives early on:

1) Chapman looks dominant and an asset in the starting rotation for the last 2/3 of the year.

2) Cueto is pitching solid and showing last year was not a fluke.

3) Cozart is a legit everyday major leaguer and solves SS.

4) The defense looks really sharp.

I think the Reds need to pick up a LH OF bench bat and could use another major league caliber reliever. Whether they fill these needs through a trade of Stubbs, Heisey, or Bailey (or some combination thereof) or promote from within we'll see. Keep an eye on Rhinehart & Daryl Jones in AAA.

The sky is not falling. Let's see how we do against the Cubs, Stros, & Pirates of the world over the next couple of weeks.

Good post. J.J. Hoover has been looking great in AAA as well.

will5979
04-19-2012, 09:20 AM
5-9 after 14 games in 2010

I try to keep that in perspective. Refer back to 2010, we turned it around then, but then there is the other Jake Taylor side of me that says "They were a different club that year."

1. We got a fluke season from Gomes (love and bless his heart).

2. We got a bit of gas from Rolen and Cabrera.

3. An MVP season from Votto (before everyone became too chicken $h!t to pitch to him).

4. A helluva a good season from Stubbs, (which I'm scratching my head wondering what has happened to this guy's bat).

texasdave
04-19-2012, 09:32 AM
I see a continuation of 2011 so far. IMO this makes 174 games and counting, waiting for this team to catch fire.

Could this team win a lot of games? Certainly.
Should this team win a lot of games? Probably.
Will this team win a lot of games? Remains to be seen.

will5979
04-19-2012, 09:47 AM
I see a continuation of 2011 so far. IMO this makes 174 games and counting, waiting for this team to catch fire.

Could this team win a lot of games? Certainly.
Should this team win a lot of games? Probably.
Will this team win a lot of games? Remains to be seen.

I agree with everything you just said. To me it just don't make any sense whatsoever that this team couldn't/can't pick up where it left off in 2010. :confused:

jrandal9
04-19-2012, 10:43 AM
As I was going through a post in the Red Guard I came across a post that gave multiple examples of team that started slowly to win 90+ games that season. I think this team has the potential to be great and make a huge run. Our schedule will balance out in the end and we will feast on the lower tier teams like a good team does and we will beat some of the other good teams. Just believe in this team and for gods sake take a step back from the ledge everyone!