PDA

View Full Version : Saw this comment on ESPN

dubc47834
04-19-2012, 08:03 AM
True fans don’t quit on their team in tough times.

They keep their head up and believe anything can happen.

I think more people on here need to follow this. I know it's been a tought start, but at least we aren't Cubs fans.

:beerme:

will5979
04-19-2012, 08:12 AM
True fans don’t quit on their team in tough times.

They keep their head up and believe anything can happen.

I think more people on here need to follow this. I know it's been a tought start, but at least we aren't Cubs fans.

:beerme:

Same $h!t we heard from 01-09. Well I'm sick of playing the loyalty card. I want to beat my chest and back up my trash talk, I'm tired of having to live in the past for Reds Glory. Yeah we always have the BRM and 1990, but I want some modern glory. God and I how I can't stand the kids around here, all a bunch of bandwagon farts. Yankee fans, Red Sox fans, Cards fan, all this in REDS country. My grandfather's generation were Reds fans, my father's generation were Reds fans, my generation is half Reds half Braves (or Yankees) for those that turned on the Braves, and then there is this $h!tty generation that just cheers for whoever wins the World Series. I need the Reds to win to put these little farts in their place!

Sabo17
04-19-2012, 08:30 AM
I definatly haven't quit on the Reds. I might just need a little break. I dont know who has the most frustration me over the Reds or my wife over me over the Reds! haha. I know it will click very soon so I am not to worried. YET.

Captain13
04-19-2012, 09:51 AM
I definatly haven't quit on the Reds. I might just need a little break. I dont know who has the most frustration me over the Reds or my wife over me over the Reds! haha. I know it will click very soon so I am not to worried. YET.

Sounds like my house. My wife is ready for football season (she knows I never really get my hopes up for the Bengals). This has been the longest April of my life.

KYRedLeg
04-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Sounds like my house. My wife is ready for football season (she knows I never really get my hopes up for the Bengals). This has been the longest April of my life.

I've had to turn games off because of my wife. I've come to accept what's happened recently. She, however, is red in the face, screaming at the TV each night.

dubc47834
04-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Same $h!t we heard from 01-09. Well I'm sick of playing the loyalty card. I want to beat my chest and back up my trash talk, I'm tired of having to live in the past for Reds Glory. Yeah we always have the BRM and 1990, but I want some modern glory. God and I how I can't stand the kids around here, all a bunch of bandwagon farts. Yankee fans, Red Sox fans, Cards fan, all this in REDS country. My grandfather's generation were Reds fans, my father's generation were Reds fans, my generation is half Reds half Braves (or Yankees) for those that turned on the Braves, and then there is this $h!tty generation that just cheers for whoever wins the World Series. I need the Reds to win to put these little farts in their place!

If you're sick of playing the loyalty card....then root for another team. I know a lot of people are frustrated, as am I, but I don't think I could root for another team. I don't even have a 2nd favorite team...LOL!!!!!:beerme::beerme:

dubc47834
04-19-2012, 10:04 AM

Man I'm down in the man cave and the wifey is upstairs and she hears me yelling at the TV. She is used to it by now. If it gets outa hand she will open the basement door and tell me STFU....LOL

:beerme::redszone:

Sabo17
04-19-2012, 10:05 AM
If you're sick of playing the loyalty card....then root for another team. I know a lot of people are frustrated, as am I, but I don't think I could root for another team. I don't even have a 2nd favorite team...LOL!!!!!:beerme::beerme:

Personally I find it impossible to root for another team. That dang wishbone C just keeps calling. I have been a Reds fan since I can remember (brainwashed by my parents really well). Rooting for another team is just not an option after this many years. The Reds are honestly just a part of my very being..

will5979
04-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Personally I find it impossible to root for another team. That dang wishbone C just keeps calling. I have been a Reds fan since I can remember (brainwashed by my parents really well). Rooting for another team is just not an option after this many years. The Reds are honestly just a part of my very being..

^^^ This.

I love baseball so much that I tried to find another team to cheer for just to enjoy the sport, but it ain't happening.

Todd Gack
04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Aww god. Super fan time?

smixsell
04-19-2012, 12:46 PM
All true Reds fans will continue to cry "Freedom" (from Crusty's evil, anti-logic, soft as sh*t regime) until we are indeed free.

bounty37h
04-19-2012, 12:59 PM
I certainly will never give up on the Reds, but the way this season has started makes me glad I have a kid on the way and am preoccupied a lil bit with that right now.

will5979
04-19-2012, 01:02 PM
I certainly will never give up on the Reds, but the way this season has started makes me glad I have a kid on the way and am preoccupied a lil bit with that right now.

Congrats man! My wife just had our 3rd back in Nov. Exciting times brother!

Kingspoint
04-19-2012, 01:04 PM
True fans make their team accountable for hard effort and respect from Ownership down to the players. It's not anything about supporting losers if the effort isn't there, nor is it about supporting winners if they aren't respectful of the fans who pay their salaries.

Nobody deserves support just because they wear the uniform.

dubc47834
04-19-2012, 01:52 PM
All true Reds fans will continue to cry "Freedom" (from Crusty's evil, anti-logic, soft as sh*t regime) until we are indeed free.

So....since I don't cry for this freedom you are talking about, I'm not a true Reds fan.....LOL!:evil::shocked:

Jr's Boy
04-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Since when does being a ''true fan''require you to be a blind homer?

bounty37h
04-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Congrats man! My wife just had our 3rd back in Nov. Exciting times brother!

Thanks dude, this is my first and only (a Kentucky one-and-done approach for me). Very excited though, its a boy, and am looking forward to most of what is ahead! Congrats on your last addition to your family, got any advise for me-besides drink heavily-lol!