PDA

View Full Version : Reds scouting Highly Questionable!!

ShaySongz
04-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Willy Taveras, Darnell McDonald, Fred Lewis, Will Bloomquiet, Danny Ray Herrea, are you kidding me???!! Don't forget about the players that single handly kill us every time and time again...I think Lance Berkman can roll out of the bed at age 60 and hit Reds pitching.

AintlifeGrande
04-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Willy Taveras, Darnell McDonald, Fred Lewis, Will Bloomquiet, Danny Ray Herrea, are you kidding me???!! Don't forget about the players that single handly kill us every time and time again...I think Lance Berkman can roll out of the bed at age 60 and hit Reds pitching.

Joey Votto,Jay Bruce,Johnny Cueto,Drew Stubbs,Devin Mesaroco.

improbus
04-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Joey Votto,Jay Bruce,Johnny Cueto,Drew Stubbs,Devin Mesaroco.
Chapman, Grandal, Alonso, Leake, Cozart, Ondrusek, C.J. Nitkowski....oops, wrong list.

improbus
04-19-2012, 08:56 PM
One thing I will say that Shay has right. The Reds haven't produced an abundance of guys who have blossomed elsewhere. You could kind of say Josh Hamilton (who didn't come up through the Reds system), but that's about it. There aren't really any former Reds draft picks lighting it up elsewhere. The best Reds draft pick on another team is currently Dunn, who recently had one of the worst seasons imaginable.

drowg14
04-19-2012, 10:49 PM
One thing I will say that Shay has right. The Reds haven't produced an abundance of guys who have blossomed elsewhere. You could kind of say Josh Hamilton (who didn't come up through the Reds system), but that's about it. There aren't really any former Reds draft picks lighting it up elsewhere. The best Reds draft pick on another team is currently Dunn, who recently had one of the worst seasons imaginable.

Shouldn't the idea be to keep your best draft picks, not develop them to be great somewhere else?

Who Dey Time
04-19-2012, 11:03 PM

Wouldn't that be because the Reds have kept their best prospects and some are now playing well at the ML level?

RedsfaninMT
04-19-2012, 11:13 PM
I could be way off base, but it seems to me the Reds have drafted some decent talent. Most analysts said the Reds gave up way too much in the Latos deal. It has to follow then, the Reds had drafted a lot of talent to give up.