PDA

View Full Version : I challenge anyone...defend...

brm7675
04-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Having Willie Harris on the roster over say Todd Frazier, Paul Janish or even Chris Valieka....

Sir Luke
04-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Is that even physically

Sir Luke
04-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Possible

The Rage
04-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Willie Harris wonders why he exists in a baseball uniform.

Jamz
04-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Harris should not be on our roster.

Captain13
04-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Because Walt said so! Now there.

R_Webb18
04-20-2012, 05:19 PM
i think i might take willie over janish. atleast ive seen willie get a hit before.

Wonderful Monds
04-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Harris has shown some on base ability in his career. He's not started well, but that describes the whole team. He's definitely an advantage over Janish and Valaika. He's probably a push with Frazier, but I get the feeling he can play more positions and play them better than Todd, and I imagine that's what the Reds see as well.

smixsell
04-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Valaika should be up and Harris out.

DocRed
04-20-2012, 08:21 PM
There is no offense...it is complete idiocy by Duhsty. I found it was funny when Duhhsty mentioned in his post game interview that Harris had a clutch RBI, as if he has to defend his decision to have such a scrub on the team. He may be the worst MLB player on any roster....

improbus
04-20-2012, 10:06 PM
I think we tend to micro manage when Dusty and Walt are macro managing. Perhaps it was good to get Frazier 40 AB's in Louisville, when it might not be until June that he would get 50 AB's in the bigs.

Wonderful Monds
04-20-2012, 10:07 PM
There is no offense...it is complete idiocy by Duhsty. I found it was funny when Duhhsty mentioned in his post game interview that Harris had a clutch RBI, as if he has to defend his decision to have such a scrub on the team. He may be the worst MLB player on any roster....
Dusty doesn't construct the roster. Further, Harris isn't the worst MLB position player by any stretch. He's shown to have actual skills over his career.

Ironman92
04-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Dusty doesn't construct the roster. Further, Harris isn't the worst MLB position player by any stretch. He's shown to have actual skills over his career.

So did Stan Musial but there comes a time when your skills are not enough anymore.

jhu1321
04-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Lefty. That's it.

DGullett35
04-21-2012, 01:58 AM
He does play good D, and has some speed..Im a beleiver in having guys that are high charcter..Guys that contribute to the clubhouse because I think all good teams have good clubhouses, and I get that it all starts with the manager but every team needs good guys in the clubhouse..Now I'm just assuming thats what Willie brings to the table other than his talents on the field. I mean it has to be because I do agree Frazier needs to be up instead. I just think because he's a lefty and is a high character guy hes on this team. He did have a nice double in the corner off a lefty today however:)

mroby85
04-21-2012, 10:47 AM
He does play good D, and has some speed..Im a beleiver in having guys that are high charcter..Guys that contribute to the clubhouse because I think all good teams have good clubhouses, and I get that it all starts with the manager but every team needs good guys in the clubhouse..Now I'm just assuming thats what Willie brings to the table other than his talents on the field. I mean it has to be because I do agree Frazier needs to be up instead. I just think because he's a lefty and is a high character guy hes on this team. He did have a nice double in the corner off a lefty today however:)

I'm not a Willie Harris fan at all, but i'd play Jenny Finch over Paul Janish.

Assembly Hall
04-21-2012, 10:59 AM
I dont know anything about Willie's character. But I would imagine the reason he is here is because of being a left-handed bat.

Todd Gack
04-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Before we even talk about WIllie Harris, can we at least talk about what why people are so excited about Todd Frazier? Or even Chris Valaika?

jhu1321
04-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Before we even talk about WIllie Harris, can we at least talk about what why people are so excited about Todd Frazier? Or even Chris Valaika?

Because Frazier has more upside.

Todd Gack
04-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Because Frazier has more upside.

Brandon Larson had a lot of upside too.

Assembly Hall
04-21-2012, 11:08 AM

Brandon Larson got the oppurtunity to play everyday.

texasdave
04-21-2012, 11:08 AM

But Willie Harris doesn't. And the thread is about Willie Harris. Maybe that's why people are talking about Willie Harris. Just a guess.

Assembly Hall
04-21-2012, 11:09 AM
But Willie Harris doesn't. And the thread is about Willie Harris. Maybe that's why people are talking about Willie Harris. Just a guess.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Todd Gack
04-21-2012, 11:10 AM

OK, but Willie Harris starts. . what? 1, maybe 2 games a week? And we're complaining he's taking away stats from a guy who has a .286 OBP in 117 MLB AB's?

Assembly Hall
04-21-2012, 11:17 AM
OK, but Willie Harris starts. . what? 1, maybe 2 games a week? And we're complaining he's taking away stats from a guy who has a .286 OBP in 117 MLB AB's?

Yeah your right.......Willie has 24 times that number of AB's and has an astounding .328 OBP.

Todd Gack
04-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Yeah your right.......Willie has 24 times that number of AB's and has an astounding .328 OBP.

I'm not saying Willie is great, in fact, he's mediocre. But he's a bench player. But just like the Stubbs thread, people want to get rid of him only to replace him with someone who's a lot like him. People like the OP just like to complain for argument's sake. I'd like to talk more about Votto's K problem or Jay Bruce being. . well, Jay Bruce. Or Mat Latos pitching like Eric Milton.

Instead, we're here arguing over Willie Harris and Todd Frazier.

bmwreds31
04-21-2012, 12:10 PM
People that argue Harris over Frazier right now just dont know baseball. And are maybe stat queens. Anybody that played any kind of serious baseball in their lives can easily watch the two at the plate and its painfully obvious who swings the bat better.

Harris shouldnt be on this team or in the MLB period.

And i absolutely would have taken Janish over Harris. At least Janish is still young.

Assembly Hall
04-21-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm not saying Willie is great, in fact, he's mediocre. But he's a bench player. But just like the Stubbs thread, people want to get rid of him only to replace him with someone who's a lot like him. People like the OP just like to complain for argument's sake. I'd like to talk more about Votto's K problem or Jay Bruce being. . well, Jay Bruce. Or Mat Latos pitching like Eric Milton.

I know what you are saying. But BP doesnt play and who do we see out there.......Willie Harris. Dont sell bench players short. They are a valued asset to every team out there. It just so happens IMO that the roster spot would be better served for Frazier, Valaika, or countless others we have in the minors. We got guys down there that do have more upside given those particular roles. Frazier has pop, Valaika showed promise and poise a few years back, and even Janish is stellar with the glove. What exactly does Willie bring to the table? I know.........veteran leadership in the club house that happens to have a left-handed bat.

UCBrownsfan
04-21-2012, 12:30 PM
We need some minor league depth, position players.

Last year we had Mesoraco, Cozart, Alonso, Frazier, Hermida, Francisco and Sappelt ready to be brought up if needed. Louisville was basically stocked with major league ready players. I like have someone like Frazier getting AB's ready for injury.

Redeye fly
04-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Unless it's a cloned Willie Mays, I may challenge the Reds to stay away from players named Willie... with any spelling applying.

Willie Greene... 26 home runs one year was kind of nice, but still a bust.

Wily Mo Pena..... since he was the Pedro Cerrano of major league baseball, overall a bust.

Willy Taveras..... yeah, bust.

Come on guys, for the love of God, no more Willie's!

bmwreds31
04-21-2012, 12:59 PM

Ummm yeah there's lots of problems. Why not fix the easy problems first.

This is an easy fix. Votto's K's and your other issues are not easy problems to fix.

Assembly Hall
04-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Unless it's a cloned Willie Mays, I may challenge the Reds to stay away from players named Willie... with any spelling applying.

Willie Greene... 26 home runs one year was kind of nice, but still a bust.

Wily Mo Pena..... since he was the Pedro Cerrano of major league baseball, overall a bust.

Willy Taveras..... yeah, bust.

Come on guys, for the love of God, no more Willie's!

Other teams get guys like Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Willie Stargell, and Willie Wilson............we get the "wet willies" of the world.

joshua
04-21-2012, 05:08 PM
How dare you dis the Weapon of Mass Pena!

Ironman92
04-21-2012, 05:19 PM

Ugh

Mr. AAAA

texasdave
04-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Ugh

Mr. AAAA

Is that Quadruple A or Fourple A?

Ironman92
04-21-2012, 05:21 PM
People that argue Harris over Frazier right now just dont know baseball. And are maybe stat queens. Anybody that played any kind of serious baseball in their lives can easily watch the two at the plate and its painfully obvious who swings the bat better.

Harris shouldnt be on this team or in the MLB period.

And i absolutely would have taken Janish over Harris. At least Janish is still young.

And he looks like Jimmy Kimmel which is minimally cool.

DirtyBaker
04-21-2012, 09:51 PM
And he looks like Jimmy Kimmel which is minimally cool.

I see a lot more Ben Affleck which is even less cool