PDA

View Full Version : Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

jwmann2
04-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Cincinnati is a city full of college basketball fans; Xavier, Cincinnati and the Buckeyes. Honoring Kentucky in Cincinnati is no different than honoring the Alabama football team at a Braves game; a city full of Georgia football fans. Likely an attempt to get more fans into the seats and from the looks of the attendance on t.v, it didn't work.

arkimadee
04-24-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't have a problem with it whatsoever. I've grown up a die hard Reds and UK fan my whole life. I'm sure there are many people just like me. That being said I would understand if any of the local teams got honored for a championship at GABP. The Reds represent much more than just the city of Cincinnati.

takealeake
04-24-2012, 08:05 PM
It offends me in the sense that it would be like honoring Bonds, McGuire, or Clemens. No one outside of the fans of each of them considers their "accomplishments" legitimate.

R_Webb18
04-24-2012, 08:16 PM
im not a uk fan. i root against them but cmon who rly cares? i don't. great year for them.

New York Red
04-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Lifelong fan of the Reds, Bengals and UK here. I love it! Anyone who thinks there aren't a ton of UK fans in Reds country, including the city of Cincinnati, is clueless.

arkimadee
04-24-2012, 08:20 PM
It offends me in the sense that it would be like honoring Bonds, McGuire, or Clemens. No one outside of the fans of each of them considers their "accomplishments" legitimate.
LOL ... yeah its just like that.. are you kidding me???

Stray
04-24-2012, 08:22 PM
People will complain about anything.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

jwmann2
04-24-2012, 08:24 PM

Well said. I wonder how long it is before the title is vacated. lol.

New York Red
04-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Well said. I wonder how long it is before the title is vacated. lol.
Wishful thinking by haters! :laugh:

jwmann2
04-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Wishful thinking by haters! :laugh:

Not hating, not hoping. Just stating facts.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2009-08-20-calipari_N.htm
Read up.

improbus
04-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Cincinnati is a city full of college basketball fans; Xavier, Cincinnati and the Buckeyes. Honoring Kentucky in Cincinnati is no different than honoring the Alabama football team at a Braves game; a city full of Georgia football fans. Likely an attempt to get more fans into the seats and from the looks of the attendance on t.v, it didn't work.

I would guess there are way more Uk fans than OSU fans in Cincy. Also, if this board is proof of anything, it's that Reds fans also come from a much wider area than just in and around 275. Lexington is an outstanding Reds town.

takealeake
04-24-2012, 08:36 PM
LOL ... yeah its just like that.. are you kidding me???

It is. Defenders of all stated will say "it still counts in the record book" when no one outside of the fans of the involved considers it legitimate. That's just the way it is. It's exactly the same.

New York Red
04-24-2012, 08:42 PM
All I know is, Calipari has zero NCAA violations on his record. Marcus Camby took money from an agent during his Junior year at UMass. No one on the coaching staff, nor any other players, were found to be in violation of anything. In fact, it was Calipari who turned Camby in to the NCAA when he got wind of it. Derrick Rose allegedly cheated on a test while in high school. The NCAA clearinghouse twice found him to be eligible to play college basketball. No one on the Memphis coaching staff, nor any Memphis players, were found to have done anything wrong. If at some point Cal does something improper, I'd want him gone ASAP, but I don't foresee that happening. Haters are going to hate. They don't let facts get in their way.

New York Red
04-24-2012, 08:44 PM
I would guess there are way more Uk fans than OSU fans in Cincy. Also, if this board is proof of anything, it's that Reds fans also come from a much wider area than just in and around 275. Lexington is an outstanding Reds town.
I've lived most of my life in Lexington. It is definitely Reds country, and always has been.

jwmann2
04-24-2012, 08:46 PM
All I know is, Calipari has zero NCAA violations on his record. Marcus Camby took money from an agent during his Junior year at UMass. No one on the coaching staff, nor any other players, were found to be in violation of anything. In fact, it was Calipari who turned Camby in to the NCAA when he got wind of it. Derrick Rose allegedly cheated on a test while in high school. The NCAA clearinghouse twice found him to be eligible to play college basketball. No one on the Memphis coaching staff, nor any Memphis players, were found to have done anything wrong. If at some point Cal does something improper, I'd want him gone ASAP, but I don't foresee that happening. Haters are going to hate. They don't let facts get in their way.

Yeah and Pete Rose never gambled and Barry Bonds never took steroids. Just allegations.

New York Red
04-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Not hating, not hoping. Just stating facts.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2009-08-20-calipari_N.htm
Read up.
You do realize that the article you linked clearly states that the NCAA found no evidence of any wrongdoing by Calipari, right?

takealeake
04-24-2012, 08:49 PM

The fact is, boosters are not allowed to contact recruits. By the most lax definition of the term booster, William Wesley fits every definition of what a booster is. That is anyone with a vested interest that supports a University for whatever reason, like ties with a coach. Hell, even Calipari got up on the podium and called him a "goodwill ambassador."

Yet there's countless columns by basketball recruiting services of Wesley talking to and hanging out with recruits off the court over the years, that then commit to Calipari. The most recently being Gilchrist. A simple fan techincally couldn't even hang with a player with intent to recruit, it would be a violation, much less the most powerfully connected man in basketball.

So yeah, don't let facts get in your way. John Calipari could have said, long long ago "thanks but no thanks for your help Wesley" - just like Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, or the rest of the crew could have said to PED's. But no, all involved knew it gave them an advantage over anyone else who played by the rules, and didn't care.

The NCAA, just like MLB, has been lax enforcing the facts and the rules and no record from either has been blanked or vacated despite obvious infractions. That doesn't mean there's not a mark on them in the court of public opinion. Their record still stands officially, but only in so far as everyone else in the world considers it illegitimate.

The ONLY people that make excuses for these cheaters are the people who aren't fans of them. That's a fact, and should tell you something.

Ironman92
04-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Who is McGuire?

jwmann2
04-24-2012, 08:54 PM
You do realize that the article you linked clearly states that the NCAA found no evidence of any wrongdoing by Calipari, right?

Never said he did anything wrong. Made a joke about the title being vacated which is where you came in. The article was a supplement to the joke. Thanks for reading it.

New York Red
04-24-2012, 08:56 PM
The fact is, boosters are not allowed to contact recruits. By the most lax definition of the term booster, William Wesley fits every definition of what a booster is. That is anyone with a vested interest that supports a University for whatever reason, like ties with a coach. Hell, even Calipari got up on the podium and called him a "goodwill ambassador."

Yet there's countless columns by basketball recruiting services of Wesley talking to and hanging out with recruits off the court over the years, that then commit to Calipari. The most recently being Gilchrist. A simple fan techincally couldn't even hang with a player with intent to recruit, it would be a violation, much less the most powerfully connected man in basketball.

So yeah, don't let facts get in your way. John Calipari could have said, long long ago "thanks but no thanks for your help Wesley" - just like Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, or the rest of the crew could have said to PED's. But no, all involved knew it gave them an advantage over anyone else who played by the rules, and didn't care.

The NCAA, just like MLB, has been lax enforcing the facts and the rules and no record from either has been blanked or vacated despite obvious infractions. That doesn't mean there's not a mark on them in the court of public opinion. Their record still stands officially, but only in so far as everyone else in the world considers it illegitimate.

The ONLY people that make excuses for these cheaters are the people who aren't fans of them. That's a fact, and should tell you something.
Wesley is connected with almost every top coach and basketball program in the country, and has been for many, many years. If you think otherwise, you need to do some more research. He's been involved with hundreds of kids on the AAU circuit, and to my knowledge only one has ended up at UK. That would be Gilchrist, whose family has been friends with Wesley since long before MKG became a star basketball player. If that's all you've got, you don't have much. According to your logic, every basketball coach and program in the country is dirty.

jwmann2
04-24-2012, 09:01 PM

Great post on Wesley; he's a leech. And you can trace his friendship origins with Calipari pretty easily. It really began with Wesley's relationship with Milt Wagner in the 90s in New Jersey. During that same time, Calipari became the coach of the New Jersey Nets. Where did Dajuan Wagner, Milt's son, ultimately end up going to college - of all places? Memphis.

Wesley also began showing up in Cleveland and becoming a mentor to Lebron. Why? I don't know. Where does Lebron claim he would have went to college had he not gone pro? Memphis. It's dirty stuff and Booby Knight's opinion of Calipari is completely justified.

takealeake
04-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Wesley is connected with almost every top coach and basketball program in the country, and has been for many, many years. If you think otherwise, you need to do some more research. He's been involved with hundreds of kids on the AAU circuit, and to my knowledge only one has ended up at UK. That would be Gilchrist, whose family has been friends with Wesley since long before MKG became a star basketball player. If that's all you've got, you don't have much. According to your logic, every basketball coach and program in the country is dirty.

Oh thats bullcrap and you know it. Saying he's connected is different than flat out helping. Calipari got up on stage when he was hired and even admitted as such and did the same in an SI article so that excuse doesn't fly. He may be connected but everyone in the country knows who he helps and the coach himself even admitted it. How are you going to deny that? HE. ADMITTED. IT. Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, DaJuan Wagner, Douglas-Roberts, and Kidd-Gilchrist weren't ending up at Iowa State or Clemson for God's sake. It was Calipari. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I'm not going to argue this tired crap with blind support at all costs UK fans, because I know the day UK fans admit Wesley funnels Calipari recruits is the day pigs fly, but I'm simply telling you that this is a flat out fact and how the rest of the nation views John Calipari. As a cheater. Just like Bonds and Clemens. And just like those two, it is justified. Deal with it.

Anyone else who wants to make this ridiculous defense can go on my ignore list as well since I'm not going to argue with liars and excuse makers.

webbbj
04-24-2012, 09:03 PM
im not a uk fan. i root against them but cmon who rly cares? i don't. great year for them.

yup.

jwmann2
04-24-2012, 09:05 PM

Ok, so what exactly is Wesley's connection with the coaches? What's his job title and what's in it for him? Anxiously awaiting your answer...

takealeake
04-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Ok, so what exactly is Wesley's connection with the coaches? What's his job title and what's in it for him? Anxiously awaiting your answer...

Don't bother arguing. Doing this will result in brain damage in all areas of logic in your brain. It's like trying to convince the Branch Davidians of reality.

jwmann2
04-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Don't bother arguing. Doing this will result in brain damage in all areas of logic in your brain. It's like trying to convince the Branch Davidians of reality.

lol, oh I know. Even during Kentucky's NIT season, you still couldn't convince their fans that they sucked. They need some new hobbies.

Stray
04-24-2012, 09:19 PM
I love how.people label the man a cheater like it means anything. He's never been found guilty of any wrong doing, and its not like people aren't trying to dig up the dirt. Guys like Charles Robinson would be all over it.

Then you have guys like Jim Calhoun who have been caught, but for whatever reason calipari is the face of cheaters everywhere. I think its that people are hoping he's cheating more than anything else.

I'm not even a UK fan and I find the UK/calipari hate hilarious.

joshua
04-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Stupid. The Wildcats would never give the Reds a nod if they won the world series, so imo UK basketball can take a hike.

Stray
04-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Stupid. The Wildcats would never give the Reds a nod if they won the world series, so imo UK basketball can take a hike.

If the reds won a ws uc wouldn't host them at halftime.

New York Red
04-24-2012, 09:42 PM
I have no idea what his deal is, other than he's neck-deep in amateur basketball and has been for a long, long time. It started with Denny Crum at Louisville, then it went on to Coach K at Duke, and along the way has included just about every top coach and program in the country. You can pretend it's somehow about Calipari, but the facts paint an entirely different story. You're talking about a coach who has zero NCAA violations in his entire coaching career. People have been trying to dig up something on Cal for many years now and they continue to come up empty. Why do you think that is?

osuredleg24
04-24-2012, 10:40 PM
There's a reason why people call it cincitucky...and this just further proves it...we're in OHIO, not Kentucky..

all it does is piss off the rest of the state, which guess what, as plenty of Reds fans as well..I somehow doubt they would honor Ohio State if they won a title

It would be like Toledo honoring Michigan, which would never happen...it's the same concept

DGullett35
04-24-2012, 10:44 PM
I can see both sides to this argument but IMO I have no problem with it. Cincinnati is so close to KY that alot of Wildcat fans are also Reds fans. This was just a PR move by the Redlegs..No harm done.

New York Red
04-24-2012, 10:53 PM
There's a reason why people call it cincitucky...and this just further proves it...we're in OHIO, not Kentucky..

all it does is piss off the rest of the state, which guess what, as plenty of Reds fans as well..I somehow doubt they would honor Ohio State if they won a title

It would be like Toledo honoring Michigan, which would never happen...it's the same concept
It's not the same concept at all. Michigan has their own professional sports franchises and always has. Kentucky doesn't. Most of the state of Kentucky has always been Reds country. I seriously doubt you could say the same thing for the state of Michigan. Southern Ohio is made up of many Kentuckians, and obviously many UK fans. The people you know and think of as Ohioans, are in many cases probably native Kentuckians and/or have parents/grandparents who are native Kentuckians.

Jr's Boy
04-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Hey Coach Cal,Memphis wants their 38 wins back.

New York Red
04-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Hey Coach Cal,Memphis wants their 38 wins back.
Then blame Derrick Rose -- not Coach Cal.

Jr's Boy
04-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Aw heck,Rose dont care.''One and done'' Coach Cal punched his ticket to the NBA.I miss Cal at Memphis,they are not the same team without him.

Jr's Boy
04-24-2012, 10:59 PM
But the choice of Kentucky or Memphis is a no brainer.

LexRedsFan
04-24-2012, 11:38 PM
:laugh:

Saw a TON of people at the stadium tonight in blue. I think it was mostly people who go to some games anyway and just chose tonight because of UK. I went..it was awesome.

If you OSU fans don't like UK being honored...maybe ya shouldn't have choked away the game to Kansas and you could have had your shot. :)

justincredible
04-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Fact, the Reds would've honored the following schools had they won the title:

Ohio State
Cincinnati
Xavier
Kentucky (obv)
Lville
Indiana
Ohio U
Dayton

Did you know there are almost 11k UK alums living in the Greater Cincinnati area? Did you know Lexington is closer to Cincinnati than Columbus? Did you know there are 29 Reds radio affiliates in Kentucky and only 22 in Ohio? The Reds are not an Ohio team. They are a regional team that spreads into 4 states (OH, KY, IN, WV).

Bottom line, if you were one of the people complaining about this you need to get a life. Seriously. This coming from an outside observer that is indifferent to every team listed above.

stevekun
04-24-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm a Louisville fan and it didnt bother me. It was a gimick to sell tickets. Who cares.

As for arguing with UK fans. Dont do it. Its like taking to the wall. They believe their program is above all programs (like Notre Dame fan or Yankee fan). They know the stuff with Cal. They said it and believed it when he was at Memphis. But they are extremely loyal to their coaches. Its the way it is. Its true what they say...the recycled stuff they say about Cal (he has no violations). But just use some common sense (which isnt to common anymore). Hes had 2 college jobs before UK. Both schools lost final 4 appearances. But yet he is not dirty? Ummm ok.

Now, lets just all hope for a reds world series. :)

jwmann2
04-25-2012, 12:33 AM
I'm a Louisville fan and it didnt bother me. It was a gimick to sell tickets. Who cares.

As for arguing with UK fans. Dont do it. Its like taking to the wall. They believe their program is above all programs (like Notre Dame fan or Yankee fan). They know the stuff with Cal. They said it and believed it when he was at Memphis. But they are extremely loyal to their coaches. Its the way it is. Its true what they say...the recycled stuff they say about Cal (he has no violations). But just use some common sense (which isnt to common anymore). Hes had 2 college jobs before UK. Both schools lost final 4 appearances. But yet he is not dirty? Ummm ok.

Now, lets just all hope for a reds world series. :)

I agree. And like I've always said, UK fans' passion comes down to a lack of hobbies. College basketball's "best" fans are in Lexington, Durham, Lawrence, Chapel Hill and Lansing. The school with the most titles and of whom recently went to 3 straight final 4's - UCLA, has a lack luster fan base because L.A. has plenty to offer.

The most passionate NFL fans? Green Bay. I rest my case.

LexRedsFan
04-25-2012, 12:40 AM
I agree. And like I've always said, UK fans' passion comes down to a lack of hobbies. College basketball's "best" fans are in Lexington, Durham, Lawrence, Chapel Hill and Lansing. The school with the most titles and of whom recently went to 3 straight final 4's - UCLA, has a lack luster fan base because L.A. has plenty to offer.

I'm a UK fan, but it's absolutely true. It's our version of entertainment and our connection.

College football's "best" fans? Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

joshua
04-25-2012, 12:49 AM

Ohio State
Cincinnati
Xavier
Kentucky (obv)
Lville
Indiana
Ohio U
Dayton

Did you know there are almost 11k UK alums living in the Greater Cincinnati area? Did you know Lexington is closer to Cincinnati than Columbus? Did you know there are 29 Reds radio affiliates in Kentucky and only 22 in Ohio? The Reds are not an Ohio team. They are a regional team that spreads into 4 states (OH, KY, IN, WV).

Bottom line, if you were one of the people complaining about this you need to get a life. Seriously. This coming from an outside observer that is indifferent to every team listed above.

The Reds would not honor Ohio State if they won a national championship. If you think they would, you're foolish.

Jr's Boy
04-25-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm a UK fan, but it's absolutely true. It's our version of entertainment and our connection.

College football's "best" fans? Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

And a Roll Tide to you Sir.:beerme:

justincredible
04-25-2012, 12:57 AM
The Reds would not honor Ohio State if they won a national championship. If you think they would, you're foolish.

You're wrong. Plain and simple.

mikdavrut
04-25-2012, 01:55 AM

Which, likewise, could be said about arguing with non-UK fans/haters.

mikdavrut
04-25-2012, 02:00 AM

Ohio State
Cincinnati
Xavier
Kentucky (obv)
Lville
Indiana
Ohio U
Dayton

Abso-freaking-lutely. People actually complaining/offended by this, man, I just have to :laugh:

Then again, some people can and will find just about ANYTHING to complain about. Especially on internet forums. I just REALLY hope that their "real lives" are not so :explode: as their "internet lives" far too often come across as.

Todd Gack
04-25-2012, 06:49 AM

Who was the last 'legitimate' NCAA basketball champion?

Assembly Hall
04-25-2012, 07:32 AM
I dont get to many Reds games. But when I do it is usually a week-end thing which means my family and I take in a couple of games and stay in a hotel. I have done this 20 or so times. Everytime I go, there are all kinds of UK fans staying at the same hotel......and yes they are there to go to the Reds game. Cincinnati's location is conducive to pulling fans in from the region, and that region includes Lexington.

dubc47834
04-25-2012, 07:36 AM
It is. Defenders of all stated will say "it still counts in the record book" when no one outside of the fans of the involved considers it legitimate. That's just the way it is. It's exactly the same.

I am an Indiana University basketball fan. I have followed them ever since the cleaning lady from State Farm was opening games for them on channel 4. Kentucky is one of our biggest rivals, if not the biggest. So it pains me to say that I have no problem with my favorite baseball team honoring them. GABP is a 10 minute walk across a bridge from Kentucky, so to think there wouldn't be a SH!T TON of KY fans that are also Reds fans would be moronic. I understand that Cincinnati is in Ohio and that Ohio is OU country, but get a life. Not everyone from Ohio needs to be an OU fan. :beerme:

dubc47834
04-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Great post on Wesley; he's a leech. And you can trace his friendship origins with Calipari pretty easily. It really began with Wesley's relationship with Milt Wagner in the 90s in New Jersey. During that same time, Calipari became the coach of the New Jersey Nets. Where did Dajuan Wagner, Milt's son, ultimately end up going to college - of all places? Memphis.

Wesley also began showing up in Cleveland and becoming a mentor to Lebron. Why? I don't know. Where does Lebron claim he would have went to college had he not gone pro? Memphis. It's dirty stuff and Booby Knight's opinion of Calipari is completely justified.

It's Robert Montgomery Knight, not Booby, get it right. or did you go to UO?

dubc47834
04-25-2012, 07:47 AM

You obviously have never been to Indiana, not saying our fans are THE best, but definately up there. When our program had their problems with "That Coach" from phone calls, the fans stuck around and filled Assembly Hall every game. The games against KU and OU this year was the wildest games I had been to EVER!!!! Bloomington is definately on that list.

Big Red Hoss
04-25-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm more offended by the fact that not one UK player who contributed to the team showed up. It was coach and a bunch of nobodies last night. Thats more offensive then the reds doing it.

PS Im not a UK fan. Im a buckeye fan.

Captain13
04-25-2012, 08:38 AM
As a UofL fan and UK hater, it does not upset me at all that the Reds did this. The state of KY is Reds country. The Reds are on Fox 150 games a year in Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, Morehead and Ashland; not to mention the entire Northern Kentucky area is part of Greater Cincinnati and host to the Cincinnati Airport.

The important thing is...The Reds Won The Game!!!

Big Red Hoss
04-25-2012, 08:54 AM
^^^Amen^^^

UCBrownsfan
04-25-2012, 09:09 AM

UC

Mr Larkin
04-25-2012, 09:16 AM
It is a regional thing. I hate UK, but I realize that many in Reds country likely cheer for UK, so that makes sense to me.

Todd Gack
04-25-2012, 09:34 AM
UC

That's about the right time frame IMO. But I'm just hanging up and waiting for takealeake to respond.

LexRedsFan
04-25-2012, 10:00 AM
I also think its hilarious seeing people say "THER REDS BETTER HONOR UL AND OSU FINAL FOUR!!!!"

You know who made a final four last year, and didn't get honored by the Reds? UK.

S.Wells
04-25-2012, 10:09 AM
I have no problem with it. I am sure 75% of baseball fans in Lexington are Reds fans. Now I am a die hard Hoosier fan. So you can understand my dislike for the Wildcats. Now Calipari hasn't been linked to any wrong doing. Sure he has been around it some but never linked. I am not gonna say he is a cheater there is no proof. Now i will say I don't like where college basketball is going. I would rather see these kids go straight to the pros than see a team load up on the top recruits every year to only get to watch them for a season. The 1 and done is horrible. They should either be allowed to go straight to the pros or have to play 3 years of college ball, like they do in football. Oh look out for those Hoosiers this year they are gonna be scary good. Bring on the blue nation. IU back on top in 2013!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

bounty37h
04-25-2012, 10:09 AM

Thanks JWMann :), we love our college ball here! I am not getting in this fight however, though I certainly have my opinions...

bounty37h
04-25-2012, 10:16 AM
UC

Your saying UConn in 10?

fielder's choice
04-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Anyone got a link that tells how/when Calipari has cheated? Thanks in advance!

jwmann2
04-25-2012, 02:08 PM
You obviously have never been to Indiana, not saying our fans are THE best, but definately up there. When our program had their problems with "That Coach" from phone calls, the fans stuck around and filled Assembly Hall every game. The games against KU and OU this year was the wildest games I had been to EVER!!!! Bloomington is definately on that list.

You bet your a** Indiana is on that list. Small town like Bloomington with a college basketball team; their residents need some new hobbies too.

jwmann2
04-25-2012, 02:15 PM
I have no problem with it. I am sure 75% of baseball fans in Lexington are Reds fans. Now I am a die hard Hoosier fan. So you can understand my dislike for the Wildcats. Now Calipari hasn't been linked to any wrong doing. Sure he has been around it some but never linked. I am not gonna say he is a cheater there is no proof. Now i will say I don't like where college basketball is going. I would rather see these kids go straight to the pros than see a team load up on the top recruits every year to only get to watch them for a season. The 1 and done is horrible. They should either be allowed to go straight to the pros or have to play 3 years of college ball, like they do in football. Oh look out for those Hoosiers this year they are gonna be scary good. Bring on the blue nation. IU back on top in 2013!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

It's been going in that direction for a decade. The NHL now has higher ratings than the NBA. Fact. The players lack fundamentals, don't play defense and are physically under developed. College basketball has also lost 23% of it's audience since 1999. Further proof that guys like Anthony Davis and Teague are going to skip college and become irrelevant in the NBA just like Daniel Orton, Greg Oden, Eric Bledsoe, Francisco Garcia.

dubc47834
04-25-2012, 02:24 PM
You bet your a** Indiana is on that list. Small town like Bloomington with a college basketball team; their residents need some new hobbies too.

LOL...our whole state needs new hobbies. Basketball is a way of life here, just like football in Texas. It was a shame when our state went to class basketball for high school. There has been talk the last few months of going back to the old way.....man I hope so.

:beerme:

fielder's choice
04-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Yep, Anthony Davis is going to be irrelevant. :laugh:

Red Buckeye
04-25-2012, 02:29 PM

College football's "best" fans? Tuscaloosa, Alabama.:laugh:

No way. Buckeye fans hands down the best fans in college football. Biggest spring game attendance record-OSU

Biggest travelling fan base for road games-OSU

Largest alumni fan base in the country-OSU

If you want me to site more examples I will.

dubc47834
04-25-2012, 02:31 PM

No way. Buckeye fans hands down the best fans in college football. Biggest spring game attendance record-OSU

School that gets beat by bigger, faster, stronger SEC teams the most- OSU

New York Red
04-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Good to see that common sense completely took over this thread and prevailed in the end. Kudos to my fellow Reds fans.

:beerme:

joshua
04-25-2012, 02:58 PM

It's a toss up between Texas, Ohio State, Alabama and Michigan.

jwmann2
04-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Yep, Anthony Davis is going to be irrelevant. :laugh:

Oh yeah man, he sure is going to dominate Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Amare and Bosh. You just wait. The NBA's best center: Anthony Davis and his 180 lb. frame.

Falcon7
04-25-2012, 03:35 PM

Ohio State
Cincinnati
Xavier
Kentucky (obv)
Lville
Indiana
Ohio U
Dayton

I could care less about them honoring UK. But they would have never done it for OSU, Ohio, Dayton, IU or Lville. Maybe UC and X.

Why did u leave off Butler, Notre Dame, Purdue, WV & WKU?

dubc47834
04-25-2012, 03:45 PM
I could care less about them honoring UK. But they would have never done it for OSU, Ohio, Dayton, IU or Lville. Maybe UC and X.

Purdue....LOL....because they will NEVER and I mean NEVER win a National Championship. Sorry, as an IU fan I had to get my PEEEEYOU bash on.

Red Buckeye
04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
It's a toss up between Texas, Ohio State, Alabama and Michigan.

Except Michigan. They had like 1,000 people at their spring game. Definitely not as passionate as OSU, Bama, or UT

Red Buckeye
04-25-2012, 04:23 PM

Umm, wouldn't the team that fits that catagory the most be another SEC team? You know, since they actually PLAY one another every year...:confused:

justincredible
04-25-2012, 04:28 PM

Because I typed the list in a hurry and don't follow college hoops enough to really care too much? And again, if you think they wouldn't have honored those schools you are wrong.

justincredible
04-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Either way, I'm done posting about it because it's over and it's stupid. Some of you guys sound like St Louis fans with the way you're whining. I hope you weren't one to give them crap for it in the past. Sheesh.

AintlifeGrande
04-25-2012, 04:43 PM

LMAO:D

AintlifeGrande
04-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Umm, wouldn't the team that fits that catagory the most be another SEC team? You know, since they actually PLAY one another every year...:confused:

He's talking about bowl games.Of course you did beat Arkansas last year,if that means anything.

dubc47834
04-25-2012, 06:16 PM
He's talking about bowl games.Of course you did beat Arkansas last year,if that means anything.

I was talkin bout the bowl games. That was always the knock on OSU when they played in BCS games.

Red Buckeye
04-25-2012, 07:06 PM
I was talkin bout the bowl games. That was always the knock on OSU when they played in BCS games.

Oh ok my bad See you didn't actually say anything whatsoever about bowl games. I guess I'll learn how to mind read from now on;)

They are actually 1-2 in BCS Bowl games vs the SEC.

In 2006 they got destroyed by Urban Meyer's UF. No excuses OSU got smacked (Ripping my soul out of me in the process).

In 2007 they played an away game at LSU (well, in the Superdome, so yes pretty much a home game for LSU, not really fair but oh well), got in because WVU and Oklahoma both lost in the final week of the regular season, and really shouldn't have been in the game. They lost by 2 TD's, not exactly a blowout but not very close either.

They beat Arkansas in 2010, the 2nd best team in the SEC that year in what was a great game.

So while 1-2 isn't great it's not terrible either.

But Buckeyes still have the best fans in college football.

Completely O.T now but gotta defend my team!

TeamSelig
04-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Some of you guys sound like St Louis fans with the way you're whining.

:lol: +1

dubc47834
04-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Oh ok my bad See you didn't actually say anything whatsoever about bowl games. I guess I'll learn how to mind read from now on;)

They are actually 1-2 in BCS Bowl games vs the SEC.

In 2006 they got destroyed by Urban Meyer's UF. No excuses OSU got smacked (Ripping my soul out of me in the process).

In 2007 they played an away game at LSU (well, in the Superdome, so yes pretty much a home game for LSU, not really fair but oh well), got in because WVU and Oklahoma both lost in the final week of the regular season, and really shouldn't have been in the game. They lost by 2 TD's, not exactly a blowout but not very close either.

They beat Arkansas in 2010, the 2nd best team in the SEC that year in what was a great game.

So while 1-2 isn't great it's not terrible either.

But Buckeyes still have the best fans in college football.

Completely O.T now but gotta defend my team!

Don't sweat it...just some good 'ol OSU bashing. I'm from Indiana and don't really follow a team in college football. I watch it from time to time but IU sucks at football, always has probly always will. I have a lot of Army friends that are OSU fans and I bust their chops quit a bit. Obviously if they weren't a pretty good football team, people wouldn't bash on them as much as they do. :beerme::thumbup:

swaisuc
04-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Can we get this thread moved yet? It's changed from basketball to football, but it's still not baseball.

realistic
04-26-2012, 08:43 AM
i see no problem. i would have been angry if i accidently went on the "bring your dog" night and had to smell a bunch of slobbering beasts that poo everywhere.

hmm. on second thought. i do see your point.

(Go Vols!)

big boy
04-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Lets keep this thread alive until the Cats win another title next season.

dubc47834
04-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Can we get this thread moved yet? It's changed from basketball to football, but it's still not baseball.

Whats it matter to you? it started as a baseball thread and why the Reds were honoring UK basketball. It has evolved, so what. If you don't like it, don't click on it. No one os forcing you to read it!!!!!

:mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner:

KySteveH
04-27-2012, 02:51 AM

Bellarmine Knights, 2011. Pretty safe bet no one was on the take.

bounty37h
04-27-2012, 08:52 AM
This topic has made it to the boards of UNC sports, wonder how many other college sports boards? For the record, dook got booed a good amount at a Durham Bulls game after '10 NCAA, and dook is IN Durham.