PDA

View Full Version : Reds trade with braves that could have happened...

RedsFan_26
04-25-2012, 06:54 AM
According to MLBtraderumors.com, the braves and reds were very close on a deal that would of sent Jair Jurrjens and Jairo Asencio to the Reds for Chris Heisey and Juan fransisco... With no options on francisco and having phipps able to come up to replace heisey, i would have done this deal in a heart beat..

Thoughts?

Assembly Hall
04-25-2012, 07:15 AM
According to MLBtraderumors.com, the braves and reds were very close on a deal that would of sent Jair Jurrjens and Jairo Asencio to the Reds for Chris Heisey and Juan fransisco... With no options on francisco and having phipps able to come up to replace heisey, i would have done this deal in a heart beat..

Thoughts?

Jurrjens just got sent down to the minors. He hasnt been right all season. At the time, I would have done it. But now it looks like the Reds made the right call.

Alpha Zero
04-25-2012, 08:48 AM
I probably would have done that deal for Jair Jurrjens, but I still would have made the Latos deal as well. That would have allowed the Reds to move either Leake or Bailey for an upgrade in LF. I know Jurrjens has been bad to start the year, but he's still probably a decent mid rotation guy when healthy.

KySteveH
04-27-2012, 03:02 AM

Thoughts?

I think we'd corner the market on guys with names beginning with "Jair".

What did the Braves end up getting for Jairo? Was it a straight cash deal with the Indians?