PDA

View Full Version : no fireworks after homers and winners?

bigblue93_2000
04-25-2012, 07:25 PM
noticed during last nights game vs. giants that they did not shoot off fireworks over the river after homers nor did they after the reds won. Has this been the case every game this season and I'm just now noticing it, or was there special circumstances last night that prevented them from doing so? If so, does anyone have any idea why? Just curious. Did Joey and Brandon take away all the firework budget with their new contracts?

brm7675
04-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Bark in the park night, kept it quiet not to spook the dogs.

bigblue93_2000
04-25-2012, 09:35 PM
ah...that makes sense

KYRedLeg
04-25-2012, 09:40 PM
They were still doing the new flames out of the stacks for Ks, though.

moewan
04-25-2012, 10:39 PM
They were still doing the new flames out of the stacks for Ks, though.

Flames out of the stacks? That's pretty cool.

Jr's Boy
04-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Spent it all on Votto.

jwmann2
04-25-2012, 11:40 PM
No fireworks for dogs? Wow. Reds fans need to get it to where we have no promotions and specials cause that means the attendance is where it should be. At Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park, the first 5,000 may get a keychain from time to time.

tedies
04-26-2012, 01:43 AM
No fireworks for dogs? Wow. Reds fans need to get it to where we have no promotions and specials cause that means the attendance is where it should be. At Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park, the first 5,000 may get a keychain from time to time.

:confused: We are not the Yanks or Sox, we are a small market club even if you don't wanna believe it... Whats wrong with having promotions to bring people in and let people have more fun at the ballpark? Don't be a fuddy duddy :D

brm7675
04-26-2012, 07:23 AM

All teams do promotions even Sox, Yanks and Cards..heck Cards having really neat ones this year tied to WS.

dubc47834
04-26-2012, 07:40 AM

That's not true, they do promotions all the time. I went to a series last year against the Rangers at Fenway and they had a Player/Fan photo where after bp a player comes out and will take pictures with the fans. I got lucky that nite because it was Dustin Pedroia. Then the next nite was the 700th consecutive sell out and EVERYONE in the park got a commemerative baseball. A buddy of mine was tryin to give me $100 for it....LOL. This year they are doing the photo thing again, also they are doing a few other things. Granted they don't do as much as some other teams, but they still do promotional things. :beerme: