PDA

View Full Version : Cold and rain but worth it.

alexad
04-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Cold and wet night but a great win by the Reds. Conditions were bad tonight. They announced the crowds at 17,000 but my guess is it was maybe 10,000. There did not seem to be anyone there tonight. I am 3-1 so far this year.

You could pretty much sit anywhere you wanted tonight.

AtomicDumpling
04-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Cold and wet night but a great win by the Reds. Conditions were bad tonight. They announced the crowds at 17,000 but my guess is it was maybe 10,000. There did not seem to be anyone there tonight. I am 3-1 so far this year.

You could pretty much sit anywhere you wanted tonight.

Yeah it looked like the place was a ghost town on TV. Congrats for braving the elements to support the team!

OldRightHander
04-26-2012, 12:46 AM
When I was single, I used to love going when the weather was iffy. I'd buy a nosebleed seat and end up sitting by the dugout.

Edd Roush
04-26-2012, 10:59 AM
The weather was rough last night, but the Reds' play in the 7th really made up for it.

BTW I think props need to be given to Dusty for his handling of the bullpen last night. It was one of the few games where he made every bullpen move the way I would have.

Pinch hitting with Harris when you need a sac fly and letting Valdez bat on the other hand (even after knowing it all worked out) on the other hand...

Reds/Flyers Fan
04-26-2012, 11:20 AM
It seems like for the last two years the Reds just can't get a break from the weather. The road series at Washington two weeks ago was just ideal weather in Cincinnati. Of course, the Reds come back and it's nothing but cold and rain. And the forecast for this weekend is more cold and more rain.

Blah ...

dfs
04-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Pinch hitting with Harris when you need a sac fly and letting Valdez bat on the other hand (even after knowing it all worked out) on the other hand...

Use bat control and force the other team to make a play in miserable conditions....It makes sense from a certain point of view.

I'll tell you, it didn't work, but everybody in the stadium was surprised at that bunt.

Ghosts of 1990
04-26-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm going Saturday with the wife and two friends. It's going to be rainy but like I told her, it's a saturday afternoon game. It's baseball. Can't beat it.

I'm glad you saw a quality, come from behind win.

cumberlandreds
04-27-2012, 08:18 AM
It seems like for the last two years the Reds just can't get a break from the weather. The road series at Washington two weeks ago was just ideal weather in Cincinnati. Of course, the Reds come back and it's nothing but cold and rain. And the forecast for this weekend is more cold and more rain.

Blah ...

But it was ideal weather in DC. I appreciated it since I went to two of those games. :)