PDA

View Full Version : Could the Reds have gotten M. Cabrara?

brm7675
04-26-2012, 11:15 AM
The Giants didn't seem to give up much for a player whom is doing pretty well and would have solved a number of issues for the Reds. I wonder if a package of Homer and Heisey could have gotten Milkey Cabrara to cincy...:confused:

Alpha Zero
04-26-2012, 11:36 AM
I think Heisey and Bailey would have been an overpay. The Royals only got Jonathan Sanchez in return for Cabrera, and I don't really think he's more valuable than Bailey alone.

In any event, I don't think I make that trade. I'm not a big Melky Cabrera fan, and I think he'll come back down to earth by the All Star Break. He has OPSed over .800 a grand total of one time in his career, so I don't think he's a long term solution to the revolving door in LF.

brm7675
04-26-2012, 11:49 AM
I think Heisey and Bailey would have been an overpay. The Royals only got Jonathan Sanchez in return for Cabrera, and I don't really think he's more valuable than Bailey alone.

In any event, I don't think I make that trade. I'm not a big Melky Cabrera fan, and I think he'll come back down to earth by the All Star Break. He has OPSed over .800 a grand total of one time in his career, so I don't think he's a long term solution to the revolving door in LF.

What "long term" I would look this year and next...

PTjvs
04-26-2012, 12:24 PM
The Giants didn't seem to give up much for a player whom is doing pretty well and would have solved a number of issues for the Reds. I wonder if a package of Homer and Heisey could have gotten Milkey Cabrara to cincy...:confused:

If you trade Homer before the season, presumably you are starting Chapman (who won't be able to start all year), and your 6th starter is....LeCure i guess? Honestly speaking, before the season, did you really want to go in with LeCure as your backup plan for Bronson if he bombs?

jvs

brm7675
04-26-2012, 03:53 PM
If you trade Homer before the season, presumably you are starting Chapman (who won't be able to start all year), and your 6th starter is....LeCure i guess? Honestly speaking, before the season, did you really want to go in with LeCure as your backup plan for Bronson if he bombs?

jvs

No I trade Homer and put Francis in his place....

The Rage
04-26-2012, 04:00 PM
No I trade Homer and put Francis in his place....

Francis has nothing left in the tank. He is a junkballer.

brm7675
04-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Francis has nothing left in the tank. He is a junkballer.

So? Working for Jamie Moyer