PDA

View Full Version : That was painful......

jhu1321
04-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Tough loss today. Giving up a 9th inning three run bomb after a no-call 3rd strike to Pagan. :thumb down:

Vottomatic
04-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Good 'ole Dusty "the wheels are falling off and I can't see it" Baker. Also known as Dusty "I'll live and die with my Closer, even when he clearly doesn't have it" Baker.

Remind me to send him some managerial glasses, because it's clear he can't see when the wheels are falling off. Never could. Probably never will.

westofyou
04-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Keep it in the game thread

Bob Borkowski
04-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Tough loss today. Giving up a 9th inning three run bomb after a no-call 3rd strike to Pagan. :thumb down:

That's what the baseball season is...6 months of heartbreak.

TOBTTReds
04-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Good 'ole Dusty "the wheels are falling off and I can't see it" Baker. Also known as Dusty "I'll live and die with my Closer, even when he clearly doesn't have it" Baker.

Remind me to send him some managerial glasses, because it's clear he can't see when the wheels are falling off. Never could. Probably never will.

Really? I blame Dusty for a lot. But Marshall's curve was nasty today, and he threw one too many. I'd stuck with him too.

He walked a guy, and gave up a routine grounder that was well placed prior to that. Also struck out the following guy. And in reality, should have K'd Pagan but the ump missed it.

OnBaseMachine
04-26-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm clearly not a fan of Dusty but how can anyone blame him for the 9th inning today? There's no excuse for Marshall walking Arias, but Tim Welke really screwed him over. That was CLEARLY strike three on Pagan. If Welke could do his job the Reds would probably be 10-9 right now.

REDREAD
04-26-2012, 04:06 PM

There isn't a manager in baseball that would've pulled Marshall in that situation.

You just don't warm up a guy in every save situation just in case the closer can't get it done.. If you do that, you add unneeded wear on the bullpen.

Sure Marshall didn't get it done today, but he will get the job done most of the year.

Boss-Hog
04-26-2012, 04:06 PM
This type of discussion is better suited for the related game thread. Feel free to continue it there.