PDA

View Full Version : Post game meal

Captain13
04-27-2012, 01:49 PM
I am heading to the Saturday afternoon game with my wife. We are staying at the Residence Inn on 4th near I-71. I am looking for a nice (but not Jeff Ruby expensive) place for dinner on the Ohio side of the river. I tried to get reservations at Nada to no avail. Palomino and McCorimick & Schuck have both been recommended. We are having our pre game meal at the new Morlein Lager House. All suggestions will be welcomed.

Big Red Hoss
04-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Ate at Moreliens tuesday. It was great. THe obvious choice for a nice riverside dinner would be Montegomery Inn's boathouse. Very Very good.

Bob Sheed
04-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I have eaten at Morelein's twice now and it was great both times.

Try the beer sampler. :beerme:

Haven't made it to Holy Grail yet.

Morton's can be pricey but if you do their "combo meal" it isn't too bad.

Spazzrico
04-27-2012, 02:18 PM
I love Shanghai Mama's (6th street) if you like Chinese food. They make the thick style noodles on site for their soups and whatnot.

BigJohn
04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Best fish and chips I ever had was at McCorimick & Schuck

http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/menus/0089-McCormick-Schmicks-Seafood-Cincinnati-OH/Dinner.pdf

read favorite
04-28-2012, 04:03 PM
I think Chris Sabo and Luis Quinones have a good place

jwmann2
04-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Rockbottom Brewery is a great place for dinner after games. It's in Fountain Square. Very affordable, the only beers you can get are their own though. That's a given. The Boathouse, is great, split a full slab of Ribs with your wife if you do go; saves money and it's plenty of food.

Captain13
04-30-2012, 07:08 AM
We decided on Palomino at Fountain Square, it was recommmended by a friend. A little bit pricey, but very delicious. It was a great way to end an awesome day out of town with the wife. I recommend to anyone out there, go away for a day. Get a babysitter and hang out with your spouse, it is well worth it. If you can include a Reds game, even better.