PDA

View Full Version : if Aaron Cook opts out from the Red Sox...

Redsfansince72
04-30-2012, 06:45 PM
With him pitching very well at AAA and looks healthy and from the Cincinnati area, A good idea to take a look and send Mike Leake to AAA? just a thought

nmculbreth
04-30-2012, 06:59 PM
With him pitching very well at AAA and looks healthy and from the Cincinnati area, A good idea to take a look and send Mike Leake to AAA? just a thought

I'd imagine if Mike Leake were removed from the rotation it would be because the Reds wanted to move Chapman to the rotation. Mike Leake was a 2 win pitcher last season, it's way too early to early to panic.

DGullett35
05-01-2012, 06:44 AM
I'd imagine if Mike Leake were removed from the rotation it would be because the Reds wanted to move Chapman to the rotation. Mike Leake was a 2 win pitcher last season, it's way too early to early to panic.

Either this^ or they could bring Francis up. I also agree. Id give him at least 3 or more starts before Id panic

Alpha Zero
05-01-2012, 07:16 AM
I'm not all that interested in Cook. The Reds already have some depth at SP with Francis and Chapman, and I think Leake will straighten himself out. He hasn't gotten good results so far, but he is actually pounding the zone and getting lots of swings and misses. It hasn't translated to results so far this year, but the guy was a very good pitcher in 2010 & 2011. I'm inclined to let him try to work things out for another month. If Leake and Latos get their affairs in order in May, this could be a pretty solid pitching staff.