PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Latos on Twitter

Blitz Dorsey
05-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Has anyone been following this recent situation? She had a bit of a breakdown on Sunday and started responding to and re-tweeting people who were saying anything negative about Mat. (Even really mild stuff like people saying "Disappointed in Latos so far.") She also said some disparaging things about the people that were ripping Mat (can't repeat exactly what she said).

Then, someone starts up a parody Twitter account called "OMGDallasLatos" and starts tearing into her. It was pretty brutal. I felt sorry for her at this point. (Also, chances are good that the person who runs the fake Dallas Latos Twitter feed also operates the "FeuxEgger" [Fake Mo Egger] account.)

Then, today, Dallas Latos gets on Twitter and says "After serious reflection on Sunday's twitter activity, I need to be more sensitive to the fact that most people don't get my sense of humor."

High drama I tell you! It's actually been pretty funny to follow. Just was curious if anyone else noticed all of that. Mat can't be happy about this nonsense. Or maybe he doesn't care. Yeah, probably the latter.

Strikes Out Looking
05-01-2012, 03:45 PM
There is no way she is helping his career by getting so involved about each and every tweet. It's similar to an actor responding to every bad review of a movie or play. She needs to either not read the tweets or get a thicker skin.

And I saw some of the tweets by others, they need to get a life or go stand in the batters box against Latos.

CySeymour
05-01-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm sure it is hard as a spouse when someone talks bad about your sig other. However, she needs to understand when she puts herself out there like she does on twitter, she is going to have to take the good with the bad.

Reds/Flyers Fan
05-01-2012, 03:54 PM
She created such a fuss about it the first time she got the negative tweets (Mat's bad start in St. Louis) that all she did was fuel the fire. Now, every time Mat has a poor outing, or even just gives up a HR, she's going to hear about it. She flipped out and now people are going to want to get that reaction from her every night.

If you're a public figure on Twitter, you've just got to take the good with the bad. I follow a few public figures and they all get their share of negative tweets.

Tony Cloninger
05-01-2012, 04:23 PM
She created such a fuss about it the first time she got the negative tweets (Mat's bad start in St. Louis) that all she did was fuel the fire. Now, every time Mat has a poor outing, or even just gives up a HR, she's going to hear about it. She flipped out and now people are going to want to get that reaction from her every night.

If you're a public figure on Twitter, you've just got to take the good with the bad. I follow a few public figures and they all get their share of negative tweets.

Some of the tweets (Twits) at her were really out of line and classless. But that's going to happen when you put yourself out there....As people have no problem with being rude...when they are basically anonymous.

Reds/Flyers Fan
05-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Some of the tweets (Twits) at her were really out of line and classless. But that's going to happen when you put yourself out there....As people have no problem with being rude...when they are basically anonymous.

Agreed. Taunting or picking on a player's wife or family is lower than bush league. It's even lower than Chris Carpenter's level.

Homer Bailey
05-01-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm not a fan of hers. She gets WAY more support than hecklers when Mat pitches poorly, yet she only pays attention to the negative tweets. She HAS to know they're going to come. There are haters all over the place on twitter. At minimum she has to know she's going to get flack from opposing fan bases. It's far from being right (it's disgusting actually), but it is 100% going to happen no matter what she does. Learn to ignore it, or get off twitter.

Redsfaithful
05-01-2012, 08:20 PM
The tweets directed at/sent to her are classless, but she was searching for Mat's name last go round, they weren't comments @dalloslatos. People are going to be upset when their team struggles, why seek it out if you can't handle it?

oneupper
05-01-2012, 08:43 PM
The tweets directed at/sent to her are classless, but she was searching for Mat's name last go round, they weren't comments @dalloslatos. People are going to be upset when their team struggles, why seek it out if you can't handle it?

She's what? 23? You can't expect maturity and aplomb.

reds44
05-01-2012, 08:47 PM
I find her highly entertaining. Maybe because we have similar senses of humor.

Also, I wouldn't call what happened Sunday a meltdown.

reds44
05-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Agreed. Taunting or picking on a player's wife or family is lower than bush league. It's even lower than Chris Carpenter's level.
It's twitter though, sadly it comes with the territory.

Caseyfan21
05-01-2012, 09:41 PM
I stopped following her Sunday. I'm sorry but your husband is a huge public figure so dealing with the fans love and hate is part of the job description. You have to be able to take the good with the bad. If she can't take negativity on her account (much less searching it out) then she really needs to just get off Twitter before she starts getting mouthy with fans. It does nothing but reflect negatively on both her and her husband.

And I'm certainly not defending the morons who were bashing her husband. But, as a fan, when Mat Latos is throwing batting practice out there I may vent a little on Twitter. Certainly not at her but she was out looking for criticism.

VR
05-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Perhaps Jackie Christie is mentoring her.

Blitz Dorsey
05-01-2012, 11:14 PM
That's the thing: As others have mentioned, she was going out of her way to find anything negative said about Mat. And would then re-tweet ... or even worse respond to said negative posts. It's one thing if people are "tweeting at you" (in this case @dallaslatos) but that wasn't the deal here. She was basically looking for trouble. I like her (I think), but man, her act is getting real tired, real fast.

Redsfaithful
05-02-2012, 01:15 AM
She's what? 23? You can't expect maturity and aplomb.

Totally agree. Someone should probably be advising her to stay off of Twitter, nothing good will come of it unless she has thicker skin than she's displayed so far.

I'm sure guys like Brandon Phillips get hate tweets also, but they don't highlight them (although Brandon's been known to RT them with comeback lines, which is also a good way to deal with it.)

05-02-2012, 01:52 AM
I find her highly entertaining. Maybe because we have similar senses of humor.

Also, I wouldn't call what happened Sunday a meltdown.

I enjoy her tweets as well, she has a very clever amd smart wit.

I actually liked the way she handled the situation. I thought it was clear that by retweeting the negative tweets, she was saying they didn't bother her, kinda like saying, "is this the best you have?" I also think she loves all the attention, both positive and negative.

reds44
05-02-2012, 02:39 AM
I enjoy her tweets as well, she has a very clever amd smart wit.

I actually liked the way she handled the situation. I thought it was clear that by retweeting the negative tweets, she was saying they didn't bother her, kinda like saying, "is this the best you have?" I also think she loves all the attention, both positive and negative.
There's no doubt she enjoys the attention, and good for her.

It's not like she's making stuff up. Don't be afraid of somebody who actually responds to what dumb people say on twitter. If she wants to have some open dialogue with people thrashing her husband, more power to her.

GAC
05-02-2012, 04:52 AM
Totally agree. Someone should probably be advising her to stay off of Twitter, nothing good will come of it unless she has thicker skin than she's displayed so far.

This! We're talking Twitter here. If you can't handle it - and that's not justifying the behavior of some, but only that it exists and isn't going to go away - then close the account and stay far, far away from there.

I can proudly say I've never Twittered. I'm still master of my domain. :D

Ghosts of 1990
05-02-2012, 08:56 AM
She has a lot of growing up to do. As we all probably have done from age 23 on. I know I said things when I was 23, 25, that I would not say now at 30. So if she really is 23 years old, then it explains a lot.

I think we should be allowed to say that we are unimpressed with her husband's pitching thus far, relative to our expectations without being considered thrashing her or her husband.

It's honestly a nightmare situation any time he doesn't pitch well--which is why not many P's or QB's wives are on twitter.

Joseph
05-02-2012, 02:47 PM
She has a lot of growing up to do. As we all probably have done from age 23 on. I know I said things when I was 23, 25, that I would not say now at 30. So if she really is 23 years old, then it explains a lot.

I think we should be allowed to say that we are unimpressed with her husband's pitching thus far, relative to our expectations without being considered thrashing her or her husband.

It's honestly a nightmare situation any time he doesn't pitch well--which is why not many P's or QB's wives are on twitter.

I see it both ways. She's 'famous' because she's Mat's wife. I'd wager most people here wouldn't follow her if not for Mat. Still though, she's not Mat, and people wouldn't have called Pete's wife in the 70's. Just because twitter is simple and free doesn't mean people should be able to yell at her for his shortcominings.

I don't expect people to yell at my wife if they don't like whats going on in a new Kroger I built.

kaldaniels
05-02-2012, 03:29 PM
I see it both ways. She's 'famous' because she's Mat's wife. I'd wager most people here wouldn't follow her if not for Mat. Still though, she's not Mat, and people wouldn't have called Pete's wife in the 70's. Just because twitter is simple and free doesn't mean people should be able to yell at her for his shortcominings.

I don't expect people to yell at my wife if they don't like whats going on in a new Kroger I built.

People should be considerate. But Dallas should be aware of what is coming if she is gonna be a twitter-holic. That said, I like her.

George Anderson
05-02-2012, 03:51 PM
If she ever left Matt I would love to see her hook up with Bryce Harper.

The drama and tabloids would be priceless.

Redsfaithful
05-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Worth pointing out that she probably had a better experience with Padres fans.

Cincinnati is the same town that drove Carson Palmer's wife away.

reds1869
05-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Every day I grow more thankful I didn't have access to social media when I was in my early 20s.

Ghosts of 1990
05-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Did Cincy get to Palmer's wife? I hadnt heard that.

WMR
05-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Is she seriously expecting nothing but positive reinforcement on twitter? And the way she is reacting is nirvana for a troll, she couldn't be doing anything to encourage even more of it.

Ghosts of 1990
05-02-2012, 06:41 PM
I think some people were being very disrespectful and rude. But the majority of people were just voicing open displeasure with Latos' last start, much as Reds fan would with Leake, Bailey, etc. There's nothing disrespectful IMO about tweeting that you're unimpressed with Latos' stuff or start, etc. as long as it's done in a colorful manner.