PDA

View Full Version : the problem with the reds is GABP..

ShaySongz
05-02-2012, 09:25 PM
The reason the Reds struggle is GABP... too many players that swing for fence not enough players that can play small ball work the count and get on base. Bases loaded the opposing pitcher struggling to find the strike zone, why the next batter up swings at the very first pitch across the plate???!! Happens time and tiime again. There's no accountability, no true leader that will get in a guys face and make them do what's best for the team. Stubbs is the fastest player on the team but do you see the Speed in the outfield. I hate to see bloop hits fall in front of him.. Use your speed to catch it!!! He should average 40 stolen bases every year with his speed!!! Never happens. He's more worried about Homeruns. The Cardinals just plug in hitters after Pujols left and not miss a beat..Because the players they sign are "professional" Hitters and put the team first instead of trying to fatting up their stats unlike the Reds players. The Reds are a far better team on paper than the Cardinals but consistently give games away against mediocre pitchers. A clear message needs to be sent to this team or the players need to now their define role. If they don't do their job they need to sit the bench simple as that.

ShaySongz
05-02-2012, 09:50 PM
This team is a .500 ball club..average. Average pitching, inconsistent hitting formula for third place. I'm just waiting on football season and Kings island to open up daily. wouldn't waste my time tuning and purchasing a ticket to watch this team. I'm not an idiot. This team is not improved from last year.

will5979
05-02-2012, 09:56 PM
This team is a .500 ball club..average. Average pitching, inconsistent hitting formula for third place. I'm just waiting on football season and Kings island to open up daily. wouldn't waste my time tuning and purchasing a ticket to watch this team. I'm not an idiot. This team is not improved from last year.

Meet the new team, same as the old team. They are no better off now than they were last year at this time. Welcome to yet another sub 500 season.

LaFlamaBlanca
05-02-2012, 10:14 PM

Okay. Then would you stop posting please? Some of us actually enjoy Reds baseball.

R_Webb18
05-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Okay. Then would you stop posting please? Some of us actually enjoy Reds baseball.

agree.

DirtyBaker
05-02-2012, 11:34 PM
1 game below .500 in early May isn't time to throw in the towel but getting shut down by samardzija was pretty embarassing

R_Webb18
05-02-2012, 11:38 PM
not rly did you watch him pitch?

Jefferson24
05-02-2012, 11:57 PM
I picked them at 1 over .500. Seems about right.

R_Webb18
05-03-2012, 12:02 AM
i dont think most of you realize how long a baseball season is.

in 2010 after 23 games reds were 12-11
the cardinals were 15-8

the reds this year are 11-12
the cardinals are 16-8 (1 extra game than us)

not saying you should not have concerns but cmon some of this is crazy

texasdave
05-03-2012, 12:41 AM
In 2010 there were no expectations.
In 2012 there are huge expectations.

That makes a big difference in how people perceive things.

R_Webb18
05-03-2012, 12:42 AM
In 2010 there were no expectations.
In 2012 there are huge expectations.

That makes a big difference in how people perceive things.

from the sound of things not every1 had expectations

ShaySongz
05-03-2012, 04:58 AM
Reds never play well with expectations..They have always been a team that catches lighting in a bottle and over achieves in win for one year 1999,2010..Bengals have a better track record of making it to the playoffs in the last five years. Bash Mike Brown please. Listen to the phones calls after the game, interviews before the game no one ask the tough questions to why this team doesn't PLAY WITH HEART!! AND DETERMINATION

ShaySongz
05-03-2012, 05:22 AM
This team needs to take a trip to the Wizard because it needs some heart and a Brain...

Ohioballplayer
05-03-2012, 06:37 AM
This team needs to take a trip to the Wizard because it needs some heart and a Brain...

and bigger bats?

texasdave
05-03-2012, 07:47 AM
and bigger bats?

And bigger balls? Oh, I guess heart covers that. :)

Stray
05-03-2012, 08:33 AM
There have been games this year when our approach bothered me, last night wasn't one of them. Samardza (sp?) was on his game, and if he's locating you're in trouble because his stuff is nasty. If you took a pitch or two you were prolly gonna be in a two strike hole, and then good luck hitting his slider or whatever his other pitch was.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

bounty37h
05-03-2012, 09:17 AM
agree.

+2

texasdave
05-03-2012, 09:41 AM
There have been games this year when our approach bothered me, last night wasn't one of them. Samardza (sp?) was on his game, and if he's locating you're in trouble because his stuff is nasty. If you took a pitch or two you were prolly gonna be in a two strike hole, and then good luck hitting his slider or whatever his other pitch was.

Because the approach that the Reds' hitters took worked out so well. I can see your point. Hey, they could take some pitches just to change things up. But I guess it is better to let Samardzija stay in his groove while futilely flailing away at every pitch he sends plateward. 3 hits. One run. How we looking?

Doesn't it get old making excuses for this team all the time? They faced a good team. They faced a good pitcher. If this Reds' club is gonna make the playoffs and then do anything once they get there, they need to start beating the good teams and the good pitchers. I guess if mediocre is acceptable then it is all good at this point in the season. Because that's what this team has been so far. Thoroughly, disgustingly mediocre.

The Reds have too much talent to be treading water at the .500 mark.

2012 is looking a lot like 2011. And that did not turn out so well.

Stray
05-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Because the approach that the Reds' hitters took worked out so well. I can see your point. Hey, they could take some pitches just to change things up. But I guess it is better to let Samardzija stay in his groove while futilely flailing away at every pitch he sends plateward. 3 hits. One run. How we looking?

Doesn't it get old making excuses for this team all the time? They faced a good team. They faced a good pitcher. If this Reds' club is gonna make the playoffs and do anything when they get there, they need to start beating the good teams and the good pitchers. I guess if mediocre is acceptable then it is all good at this point in the season.

The Reds have too much talent to be treading water at the .500 mark.

2012 is looking a lot like 2011. And that did not turn out so well.

No I agree our approach has been pitiful this year, you've seen me post about it I'm sure. It's probably the most frustrating part about watching these guys for me. I just think last night was more of a result of running into a pitcher when he's on.

We did work a couple of counts, votto even had some fbs in good counts to hit...and he couldn't put them in play. Heck I think the only guy to get a good swing was Arroyo lol.