PDA

View Full Version : how is rolen doing

read favorite
05-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Oh I forgot he hit a homerun in April of 2010

jpurdy974
05-03-2012, 02:59 PM
About as well as Ludwick, and Better Than Harris. That says it all.

Ironman92
05-03-2012, 03:49 PM
GW RBI today.

LeDoux
05-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Oh I forgot he hit a homerun in April of 2010

Not to put too fine of point on it, but your posts come across as a very young person's attempt to receive attention. I can't really tell if you are a Reds fan or not.

read favorite
05-03-2012, 04:26 PM
I am but it is difficult to watch serial incompetency, signing an antediluvian fossilized third baseman is farcical, continuing to trot out a whiff machine in center field is inexcusable, no comment on the absurdity of the left field "platoon" the documented lunacy of the manager or the ineptitude of the general manager

Do you like this team

LeDoux
05-03-2012, 08:41 PM
I am but it is difficult to watch serial incompetency, signing an antediluvian fossilized third baseman is farcical, continuing to trot out a whiff machine in center field is inexcusable, no comment on the absurdity of the left field "platoon" the documented lunacy of the manager or the ineptitude of the general manager

Do you like this team

There will be frustrations if you choose to follow the Reds. But having a love of the team allows you to be critical of it; without this affinity for the ballclub you can only be hostile towards them. It is the difference between the audience of loving parents at school play and the jeering audience of the Springer show.

lidspinner
05-04-2012, 08:40 AM

Do you like this team

I think the question is.....do you like this team?

I get your frustrations, we all share your thoughts I am sure, but as fans we really have no say in how the team is ran from a day to day perspective, we can argue and debate on here how we all think things should be but at the end of the day we are all wasting our time talking about what we would do and what Dusty should do, they dont read this board and if they did they would care less what you or I had to say.....if you ran this team, we would all find things you do that are stupid and we all would think we could do it better, its just the nature of this game as fans.....never gonna change, but for the love of the game, and the Reds, try to look at some positives or at least try and be on our side and debate, not argue.

justincredible
05-04-2012, 11:30 AM
As bad as Rolen has been this season, he's still better at baseball than you are at message boards.

texasdave
05-04-2012, 11:34 AM
As bad as Rolen has been this season, he's still better at baseball than you are at message boards.

Ouch.

malcontent
05-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Say what you will about read favorite's posts....the rest of you homies gonna have to look up antediluvian in the online dictionary.

Z-Fly
05-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Say what you will about read favorite's posts....the rest of you homies gonna have to look up antediluvian in the online dictionary.

True. I have no idea what that word means.

justincredible
05-04-2012, 12:30 PM

lol

Red Buckeye
05-04-2012, 04:40 PM
deleted

Red Buckeye
05-04-2012, 04:48 PM

Do you like this team

I actually agree with most of what you said here. Although I haven't looked up the stats, hasn't Stubbs' strikeut rate gone down since he was moved to #2 in the lineup?

The LF platoon is annoying. And Dusty should understand two crappy Left Fielder's doesn't equal one good LF'ielder.

Rolen isn't too good these days, and I think it's just a matter of time until we see someone else there. Does anyone know here when his contract is up?

moewan
05-04-2012, 06:09 PM
I actually agree with most of what you said here. Although I haven't looked up the stats, hasn't Stubbs' strikeut rate gone down since he was moved to #2 in the lineup?

The LF platoon is annoying. And Dusty should understand two crappy Left Fielder's doesn't equal one good LF'ielder.

Rolen isn't too good these days, and I think it's just a matter of time until we see someone else there. Does anyone know here when his contract is up?

I believe this is his final season as a player. I would hire him as a coach in a heartbeat.

The Rage
05-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Rolen and Stubbs are both awful with the bat. Both probably need to be replaced if the Reds want to win the divison.

Ironman92
05-04-2012, 10:11 PM

I promise you I will not.

Do
Not
Care

lidspinner
05-04-2012, 11:21 PM

I have the iPhone so looking that word up cost me 1.3 seconds of my life. About as long as it takes me to scan his posts

SidneySlicker
05-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Rolen simply shouldn't be starting. He can be sittiing fastball and still can't get around on a 93mph fastball. Frazier should be getting a good deal of starts at 3rd, and him not is a mistake.

R_Webb18
05-05-2012, 11:14 PM
the crazy part is if rolen does not play willie h does.

R_Webb18
05-05-2012, 11:14 PM
its insane

malcontent
05-06-2012, 03:31 AM
Gotta love the aggressive base-running by Rolen last night.

I don't think anyone could have predicted that McCutcheon would recover so quickly from the shock of seeing the 67-year-old Rolen tagging up from 1B.

Didn't work, but just a heady play.

malcontent
05-06-2012, 03:45 AM
On the serious side, any bets on how long it will take Baker to realize that batting the Ghost of Scott Rolen 6th (or anywhere else, for that matter) is counter-productive?

I think he'll be lucky to OPS 0.650 this season.

Red Raindog
05-06-2012, 07:39 AM
On the serious side, any bets on how long it will take Baker to realize that batting the Ghost of Scott Rolen 6th (or anywhere else, for that matter) is counter-productive?

I think he'll be lucky to OPS 0.650 this season.

He has more home runs than Albert!

:lol:

mikemo14
05-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Great sarcastic point malcontent. This guy that I'm sure was already scratched from Sunday's line-up as he can't play a day game after a night game, is always a wrong slide away from a sore back 15 dl stint that shuts him down for twice as long, tries to advance to SECOND on a short fly ball to one of the best defensive CF's in the league. That kind of on the field leadership and hads up play should take us along way this year.

read favorite
05-06-2012, 10:07 AM
you guys keep sending that love to stubbs and rolen might as well root for

cliff cook and cesar hernandez

Stray
05-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Over the course of a season Rolen's aggression on the base paths is going to help us way more than it'll hurt us. It looks bad when you're caught, but I would prefer to see more aggressive running from our entire team in general. I like putting pressure on the opposing team to make plays.

Ironman92
05-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Risk/reward play. With 2 outs it would take at least a bounce-around double to score Rolen from first....if he can sneak to second he can score on a non-line drive single. McCutcheon was indeed surprised but made a good throw after an immediate recovery.

Wasn't my favorite play....but I do understand it.

Had Votto not got an incredibly fortunate bounce over a 3 foot fence he might've been gunned down at first base on a potential double.....topping the Sean Casey rarity.

read favorite
05-12-2012, 01:57 AM
only in this backwoods town could they run this uselss player out there day after day