PDA

View Full Version : Bryan LaHair: trade target?

[deleted]
05-04-2012, 05:26 PM
MLBTR ran an article the other day about how Chicago may opt to sell high on LaHair. Rizzo is tearing it up in Triple-A again and Soriano and DeJesus don't appear to have much pull on the trade market.

He'll fall back from how he's been performing lately, but he's a power hitting lefty capable of manning LF. Isn't that what we've all been clamoring for? It wouldn't solve the cleanup spot issue because we all know Dusty would never allow a left handed logjam in the middle of the order, but he would be a very nice complement to Stubbs as far as pitcher matchups are concerned, and it would solve the Willie "I'm only on this team because I happen to hit from this side of the plate" Harris issue. It'd take a couple of good prospects to pry him away, and I know it's not realistic/a good fit considering the existence of Ludwick and Heisey, but thought it would be fun to mull over.

alett12
05-07-2012, 11:34 AM
As much as I like the idea, there are only 3 guys on the cubs roster i wouldn't mind seeing on the reds Castro, Barney, Campana (the only one they would think about moving)

SidneySlicker
05-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Yep. Lehair is a 29 year old with little more than a cup of tea in the majors. It would all have to depend on what constitutes "selling high" in that case. Also can he play anything more than first base?

Big Red Hoss
05-07-2012, 11:48 AM
As much as I like the idea, there are only 3 guys on the cubs roster i wouldn't mind seeing on the reds Castro, Barney, Campana (the only one they would think about moving)

Castro is the 2nd coming of EE. Yea he has a good bat and some pop but the guyu flat out sucks on defense. No way do I want him. The only guy on the cubs roster I would want is Travis wood. Back. The rest are no good to me.