PDA

View Full Version : Cario is back monday...

brm7675
05-06-2012, 03:04 PM
So...what player is either sent down or released or maybe put on the DL? Not whom u think it should be but whom it will be...

Ironman92
05-06-2012, 03:54 PM
I'll send down Willis Harry

Krawhitham
05-06-2012, 04:03 PM
I'll send down Willis Harry

no options

justincredible
05-06-2012, 05:00 PM
DFA Willie Harris. Frazier needs to be getting starts up here, I'll cry if he gets sent down.

herbdizzle
05-06-2012, 05:39 PM
I hope to God they deactivate Willie Harris. Cairo in his place upgrades the roster quite a bit I believe. I hope it is not Frazier as I wouldn't mind seeing him get some PT in LF since Heisey & Ludwick can't hit their weight right now. I don't care if Harris is their only LH off the bench, getting rid of him may force the Reds to make a move for an upgrade in that spot.

Ironman92
05-06-2012, 06:14 PM
no options

Oh....there's an option....maybe not what I said, but there's an option.

DirtyBaker
05-06-2012, 06:17 PM
The only reason Dusty and Walt may want to put Frazier back in AAA rather than DFA Harris is that you'll have 3 third basemen on the 25 man, and you'll lose your left handed "hitter" off the bench (I use the term "hitter" loosely).

But herb is right. Frazier has done all he could do in his limited time to prove he is the best option at 3rd base right now. Plus, he may be able to contribute in the OF on occasion if necessary. I'd rather see Frazier or Rolen try to hit a right handed pitcher off the bench, heck, even Leake.

ORG is speculating the same thing. Fay said he doubts Frazier is sent down, but still, there is no official word.

takealeake
05-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Please get rid of Harris for God's sake. He's atrocious.

mroby85
05-06-2012, 07:05 PM
no options

and? lol

markymark69
05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
It is most likely going to be Frazier because he has options, unless they would go with one less pitcher, which is not likely. If they were ever going to dfa Harris it would be now. I know wishful thinking.

texasdave
05-07-2012, 12:17 AM
If they send down Frazier, using the excuse that he has options, then Walt and Dusty are telling me that winning isn't the highest priority.

chuck6660
05-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Here's a thought, place Brandon Phillips on the 15 day DL. This allows to him to properly treat and heal his hamstring injury and gives Todd Frazier more ABs to prove himself to Dusty. I can't see Cairo or Valdez doing worse than BP at this time, I believe the injury is affecting his play, my big concern is further injury. Frazier at 3B or LF will improve the reds line-up, possibly as a RH #4 hitter, imo. Upon BPs return cut Wee Willie and his .086 BA loose. :thumbup:

lidspinner
05-07-2012, 07:53 AM
the simple fact that we are even wondering what will happen and are scared of what actually will happen should say all this front office needs to know about how the roster is ran....its ran like a high school friends back yard wiffle ball roster.

Willie is the easy answer, he is not helping this team nor is it going to hurt this team if he is not on it....its going to help this team if Todd is here everyday....having a left handed bench warmer is not a pre-requisite to winning....do the right thing and make this club better...

which leads me to my next question, I know the roster is on the GM but when situations like this arise, who makes the call? I would venture to say that Dusty does not have the final say but I am sure his opinion is taken greatly....how does this work with the Reds?

bmwreds31
05-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Everybody knows my opinion on this. And quite honestly i may flip out if they send Frazier down. Is there a front office Complaint Hotline we can call. lol

Or a dusty baker complaint box. Could you imagine that.:lol:

Who Dey Time
05-07-2012, 01:15 PM
My guess is that they don't make a decision until they come back for the series against Washington. Cairo played 3 games in Dayton and was 0-10. No need to rush back.

When it does happen, I guess it would be either a DFA of Harris or an option of Frazier.

brm7675
05-07-2012, 01:51 PM
My guess is that they don't make a decision until they come back for the series against Washington. Cairo played 3 games in Dayton and was 0-10. No need to rush back.

When it does happen, I guess it would be either a DFA of Harris or an option of Frazier.

I would be shocked if they wait till then, all reports is that Cario is rejoining the team in Milwaukee tonight...

brm7675
05-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Fay is tweeting Cario not on hotel list, so he may in fact not rejoin till Friday....interesting...

R_Webb18
05-07-2012, 03:48 PM
John Fay ‏ @johnfayman

Willie Harris was walking out of miller park as I walked in. ##reds
Expand

alett12
05-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Cairo and Harris are both old but I'd rather have Cairo

R_Webb18
05-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Cairo and Harris are both old but I'd rather have Cairo

this is not about cairo vs harris. its harris vs ?

KYRedLeg
05-07-2012, 03:58 PM
John Fay ‏ @johnfayman

Asked Harris if something happened. Shook his head yes. He was on the phone. No announcement from #Reds

R_Webb18
05-07-2012, 04:04 PM
John Fay ‏ @johnfayman

It's official: Harris outrighted to Louisville. He has 72 hours to report. Cairo activated. #reds

Stray
05-07-2012, 04:09 PM
It was the only move that made sense.

texasdave
05-07-2012, 04:10 PM
It was the only move that made sense.

It made sense at the end of Spring Training and didn't happen. If there was an open competition in Spring Training, which obviously there wasn't, both Frazier and Janish clearly outplayed Harris. Who came north? I guess who came northeast is more accurate these days.

texasdave
05-07-2012, 04:12 PM
And it is not true that Harris was just the 25th player and therefore not a big deal. Willie Harris was going to be used as the only lefty on the bench. It stands to reason he would get a ton of pinch hitting chances late in ballgames. Many in key situations. That has value. Doesn't it stand to reason that if a club is limited to 25 players then you want the best 25 possible? Especially in an all-in season? And it also stands to reason that the more players on your 25-man that are performing well, the better your chances of winning games. One game at the end of the year can be vitally important. Ask Atlanta or Boston.

DaytonFlyer
05-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Thank God.

Frazier should be starting in LF, right now (if they're not going to throw in the towel on Rolen, anyway). But at least this move restores a teensy bit of faith in the organization as a whole for me.

Stray
05-07-2012, 04:15 PM
It made sense at the end of Spring Training and didn't happen. If there was an open competition in Spring Training, which obviously there wasn't, both Frazier and Janish clearly outplayed Harris. Who came north? I guess who came northeast is more accurate these days.

Only explanation that makes sense is to have a LH bat on the bench. I guess I can understand the thinking, I doubt they expected him to be this bad. At least we fixed a mistake early in the year.

texasdave
05-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Only explanation that makes sense is to have a LH bat on the bench. I guess I can understand the thinking, I doubt they expected him to be this bad. At least we fixed a mistake early in the year.

If the pitching stays solid the Reds will win a lot of games. It should still be a pretty good summer to be a Reds' fan.

takealeake
05-07-2012, 04:17 PM
YES! YES! YES!

Big Red Hoss
05-07-2012, 04:32 PM
I bet the front office read this board and Knew we know whats best for this team. Therefore they listened.

brm7675
05-07-2012, 04:53 PM
I bet the front office read this board and Knew we know whats best for this team. Therefore they listened.

Well if the front office read this board the following would have happened:

Dusty would be fired
Brook Jacoby would be fired
Scott Rolen would be a backup
The 4th slot would be Bruce

Those 4 things for sure..

LeDoux
05-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Sorry Willie, you are only better than 99.99% of Americans at playing baseball. The job required 99.999%.

Harris was the obvious choice, but I can't bring myself to cheer about anyone being cut from the team.

texasdave
05-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Sorry Willie, you are only better than 99.99% of Americans at playing baseball. The job required 99.999%.

Harris was the obvious choice, but I can't bring myself to cheer about anyone being cut from the team.

I think going to Louisville may be a break for Harris. He can clear his head. I would be surprised if he wasn't back later in the season. Injuries always happen. Maybe even a trade.

Kingspoint
05-07-2012, 09:01 PM
John Fay ‏ @johnfayman

Willie Harris was walking out of miller park as I walked in. ##reds

My favorite quote of the year! :lol:

Kingspoint
05-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Well if the front office read this board the following would have happened:

Dusty would be fired
Brook Jacoby would be fired
Scott Rolen would be a backup
The 4th slot would be Bruce

Those 4 things for sure..Sounds about right.