PDA

View Full Version : How many games will Frazier start...

brm7675
05-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Lets say between now and June 1, how many games will he start at 3rd, because that is the only place I think the Reds see him playing. The Reds something like 23-24 games over that span, you figure they are going to want to get Cario some game action, so I think the over under for "starts" by Frazier is maybe 4?

Kingspoint
05-07-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm saying one....about the same number that Heisey will get to start vs Left-handers, where Ludwick should see 4 starts vs Left-handers, and Cairo will see 4 starts at 3rd.

Ironman92
05-07-2012, 09:28 PM

R_Webb18
05-07-2012, 09:46 PM
around 5 my guess. i think its going be like last year when it took months and months until cozart came up.

Kcbuckeye22
05-07-2012, 10:54 PM
With Harris sent down I'd say he'll get 5 or 6. Hopefully Dusty mixes it up and puts him in LF, to fill that black hole in the order.

GoReds19
05-07-2012, 11:57 PM
With Harris sent down I'd say he'll get 5 or 6. Hopefully Dusty mixes it up and puts him in LF, to fill that black hole in the order.

This. We got to start getting something out of LF.

Jr's Boy
05-08-2012, 12:08 AM
The kid should be starting full time.Look what David Freese has done with the Cards when he was given the reigns.Why this team refuses to play their young talent is beyond me.

brm7675
05-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Frazier will see zero time in LF. This team already has 2 RH LF and the Reds/Dusty have already said they don't see Frazier in LF. So Frazier's only PT will be PH/Rolen Relief...;-(

brm7675
05-08-2012, 11:07 AM
The kid should be starting full time.Look what David Freese has done with the Cards when he was given the reigns.Why this team refuses to play their young talent is beyond me.

They only play them when they have zero other options. Right now they have Rolen, who brings veteran creaminess and that strong ability to get clutch hits to start over Frazier..

justincredible
05-08-2012, 11:18 AM
There are 22 games left in May. Frazier should start 15-16 of them. He'll probably start maybe 4-5 of them. And yeah, he should get some playing time in LF, too. He's a better option at both positions than the three guys getting starts there now.

joshua
05-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I don't think he'll get as many starts as he deserves. Frazier is ready. He should be starting every single game until he starts to slump, then put Rolen in a couple of days. Or have him in LF. Kid is in a groove and he shouldn't be sitting the bench.

OGB
05-08-2012, 01:15 PM
They only play them when they have zero other options. Right now they have Rolen, who brings veteran creaminess and that strong ability to get clutch hits to start over Frazier..

This is the third time I've asked this question and I've yet to receive an answer. What is veteran creaminess? You sound like an imbecile when you say it.

OGB
05-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I don't think he'll get as many starts as he deserves. Frazier is ready. He should be starting every single game until he starts to slump, then put Rolen in a couple of days. Or have him in LF. Kid is in a groove and he shouldn't be sitting the bench.

Agreed, absolutely. The future is now.

brm7675
05-08-2012, 01:21 PM
This is the third time I've asked this question and I've yet to receive an answer. What is veteran creaminess? You sound like an imbecile when you say it.

It's that something you can't point to numbers wise but what veteran players have. Call it swag, call it what you want, but there is a certain something that veteran players like a Rolen bring to a roster that can't be seen in numbers, but managers, especially Dusty really love. thus veteran creaminess...:thumbup:

R_Webb18
05-08-2012, 01:25 PM
or its mangers being dumb. ppl need to realize ppl get old. stop looking at stats from past. albert p is a great player 1 of the best ever. i still think he is good but there is no way he's the best player in baseball now.

read favorite
05-08-2012, 11:59 PM
yeah rolen is very valuable, the reds are so fortunate to have him what a slugger

GoReds19
05-09-2012, 01:53 AM
If Frazier don't get to start either at 3rd or LF tomorrow..... Dusty should get fired. The Reds have had little to no production from either position, and when a kid comes up and shows he can hit a little he gets rewarded by getting to sit on the bench.

swaisuc
05-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Since I'm constantly fighting against the myth about Dusty not playing young guys, I'd better take the over on this out of principle lol. I think Frazier will start 8 games and today will be one of them. That's about 2 or 3 more games than Frazier would start over Rolen for most MLB managers IMO.

tonypikefan
05-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Thank God Frazier got the star today. I thought it had to be done but I also thought there was a good chance it was going to Cairo.

brm7675
05-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Since I'm constantly fighting against the myth about Dusty not playing young guys, I'd better take the over on this out of principle lol. I think Frazier will start 8 games and today will be one of them. That's about 2 or 3 more games than Frazier would start over Rolen for most MLB managers IMO.

Dusty will start the younger player when he is forced to via there being no other option or the younger player just tears it up. Frazier has been hot but his numbers have never been OMG type numbers, thus with the veteran creaminess of Rolen healthy and able to play and the "need" to get Cario back into game action I think it will be tough for Frazier to get anything more then a start every other week and PH from time to time...

swaisuc
05-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Dusty will start the younger player when he is forced to via there being no other option or the younger player just tears it up. Frazier has been hot but his numbers have never been OMG type numbers, thus with the veteran creaminess of Rolen healthy and able to play and the "need" to get Cario back into game action I think it will be tough for Frazier to get anything more then a start every other week and PH from time to time...

I have no idea what you're trying to say in the first half of this post. It seems to me that when the young player is tearing it up or when you don't have better options would be the correct time to play a young player. I don't get your complaint if that's when you think he plays them.

As for your prediction, nobody knows for sure, but Dusty's track record here suggests you will be wrong Frazier's playing time if you think he'll only get a start every other week. We will see.

Kcbuckeye22
05-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Frazier played LF last night, didn't have a good start. Couple news reports says Dusty had been thinking about it for a while. He should be without The LF hole and the schedule over the next 3 weeks. You know with that stretch Rolen and Miggy will need a few off days.

Kingspoint
05-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Frazier played LF last night, didn't have a good start. Couple news reports says Dusty had been thinking about it for a while. He should be without The LF hole and the schedule over the next 3 weeks. You know with that stretch Rolen and Miggy will need a few off days.He gets to start vs Greinke. What kind of reward is that? How did Rolen do vs Greinke? Or anybody else other than Stubbs?

Rolen needs to be benched.