PDA

View Full Version : One-time Only Feats in MLB History

redsmetz
05-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Considering Josh Hamilton's four home run game, the 16th time that's happened, I came across a blog post outlining a number of events that have only occurred once (so far) in ML history. Some very interesting events.

NG: As some blogposts are apt to do, language is occasionally such that your mother and small children shouldn't read it...

http://www.11points.com/Sports/11_Major_League_Baseball_Feats_That_Have_Only_Happ ened_Once

Degenerate39
05-09-2012, 09:10 AM
The last one is my favorite

crazybob60
05-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Toby Harrah....the most stereotypical 70s player ever. ha ha

medford
05-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Joey Votto did something a couple of years ago, can't remember what specifically but I think it was tied into a hitting (and/or a base running) acomplishment for a guy playing 1b that had never happened before in the history of the game. I remember Mike Greenburg talking about it on Mike & Mike in regards to the old saying that when you go to a baseball game you just might see something you've never seen before and Joey did something that no one had ever seen before.

PuffyPig
05-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Joey Votto did something a couple of years ago, can't remember what specifically but I think it was tied into a hitting (and/or a base running) acomplishment for a guy playing 1b that had never happened before in the history of the game. I remember Mike Greenburg talking about it on Mike & Mike in regards to the old saying that when you go to a baseball game you just might see something you've never seen before and Joey did something that no one had ever seen before.

He made one of Dusty Baker's baseball choices seem intelligent?

MikeThierry
05-09-2012, 01:48 PM
I saw the Fernando Tatis, 2 Grand Salami's off the same pitcher in the same inning live. I was in shock, not knowing if I really saw what I think I saw. Even the Dodger fans gave him a standing ovation. It was awesome! :)

Hollcat
05-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I saw the Fernando Tatis, 2 Grand Salami's off the same pitcher in the same inning live. I was in shock, not knowing if I really saw what I think I saw. Even the Dodger fans gave him a standing ovation. It was awesome! :)

Chan Ho Park was on my fantasy team:thumbdown:

redsmetz
05-14-2012, 09:02 AM

I guess we ought to figure out what this Votto "first time" event was since we can now add him to "only 3 homer game, culminating in a game-winning Grand Slam". :thumbup:

cumberlandreds
05-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Chan Ho Park was on my fantasy team:thumbdown:

Joey Votto is on my fantasy team and I am very happy today. :thumbup:

Hollcat
05-14-2012, 05:44 PM

I've got Votto too this year, first time I've had him.

VR
05-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Player goes from a hat size of 7.5 to 16 over the course of a career.

Imagine...he was a 7.5 hat size with hair :)

KronoRed
05-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Bring back the reverse steal!

HeatherC1212
05-15-2012, 10:57 AM

Me too! Twenty four points alone for his game on Sunday! :thumbup:

I've got Votto too this year, first time I've had him.

Slacker. This is the fourth year I've had him and I haven't looked back. ;)