PDA

View Full Version : MLB streaming

wlf WV
05-13-2012, 07:50 AM
We just had an extended hospital stay,from which my wife passed away.I put my DirecTV on suspension during this time and am reticent to renew.Without her shows have little interest to me ,and I can get news and weather from the internet.
I am thinking about purchasing MLB and streaming the Reds games.I would appreciate any suggestions.I know this has been discussed before,if someone could direct me to the thread.I did a search,but was unable to locate pertinent info. Thanks

bellhead
05-13-2012, 10:58 AM
I really like mlb streaming, I have had it in the past and buy it month by month when I actually have time to watch. Make sure to get the upgrades platinum version.

Also you can sync the game with Marty by opening two windows!!!

The only negatives are it's a little jittering on moving plays.

Sorry to hear about your wife.

Tom Servo
05-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Sorry to hear about your wife. :(

jojo
05-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Very sorry for your loss.

Scrap Irony
05-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Me, too.

hebroncougar
05-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Sorry about your wife. :(

I think the key to mlb streaming is your internet speed. I have Insight's 20mb, and I'm not missing Directv's MLB Extra Innings at all. I get a great picture, and all the games are auto archived, which is even better than EI. Plus I can watch them on my computer, Ipad, Roku, or PS3.

cumberlandreds
05-14-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I know I would be lost without me wife.

I can't add much more than what's been said about MLBTV. You can go to MLB.com and see what they say about requirements and maybe get their opinion on the best provider for this service.

Unassisted
05-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Hopefully someone from West Virginia will chime in with whether your area is included in the blackout zone for MLB.TV. If you're in your favorite team's blackout zone, MLB.TV is an exercise in frustration. (You'll miss more games than you get to see.) But if you live outside of the team's blackout zone, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

My hunch is that you ARE in the blackout zone, but it would better for you to get confirmation of that from someone who lives there or knows a way that you can check.

wlf WV
05-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Thank you everyone.

Vottomatic
05-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Very sorry about your loss.

reds1869
05-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Very sorry to hear the news. When I lived in Huntington, we were in the Reds' blackout zone but that was over a decade ago so things might have changed.

VottoFan54
05-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Does this link help you out at all?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MLB_Blackout_Areas.png