PDA

View Full Version : Adam Lind anyone?

corkedbat
05-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Adam Lind has been placed on ouright (irrevocable) waivers by Toronto. There was some interest in Lind over the winter by some on this board. Lind has played some OF. Anyone think the Reds should take a look?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/05/blue-jays-place-adam-lind-on-outright-waivers.html

mth123
05-20-2012, 02:02 AM
Adam Lind has been placed on ouright (irrevocable) waivers by Toronto. There was some interest in Lind over the winter by some on this board. Lind has played some OF. Anyone think the Reds should take a look?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/05/blue-jays-place-adam-lind-on-outright-waivers.html

I'd be happy to deal for him once he passes through waivers. I wouldn't put in a claim and take on that deal.

REDSEER
05-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Count me in for Lind if we can avoid taking on his contract. The guy has had a .209 BABIP this year as well as a low BABIP in the last two years after his monster 2009 season. I also think he would benefit from hitting at GABP. His outfield defense looks to be below average based on Fangraph's fielding metrics, but I would be willing to sacrifice some OF defense if we could put a jolt into this offense.

edabbs44
05-20-2012, 10:18 AM
I don't see the harm in taking a shot at him in a bench role.

puca
05-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Is this just a move by Toronto to get him off the 40-man or will they release him if he clears waivers?

If he is indeed released I would be on the phone to his agent and promise a nice long look as a LF platoon player.

westofyou
05-20-2012, 12:52 PM
A statue with pop, he'll be picked up by someone before the Reds get a chance. By choice he'll go somewhere to play, not ride the pine.

puca
05-20-2012, 12:55 PM
A statue with pop, he'll be picked up by someone before the Reds get a chance. By choice he'll go somewhere to play, not ride the pine.

That is why the Reds would need to promise him at least LF platoon role to start. Of course if he can't play adequate OF defense then pass.

alexad
05-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Can he play third? If so move Fraizer to LF

Blitz Dorsey
05-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Definitely count me in! A change-of-scenery could be all he needs, he would come cheap and perhaps he could fill in at LF at times. He would be guaranteed to get one pinch-hit AB per game and the Reds could also finagle a few starts for him (LF, plus Votto does need a day off once in a blue moon).

I would love for this to happen. Unfortunately, I bet he goes somewhere that has an unsettled 1B situation or to an AL team that needs offense like the Mariners where he can also DH at times. Lind is exactly the kind of left-handed bat I was hoping for that the Reds could pick up on the cheap.