PDA

View Full Version : Monday May 21 Minor League Updates

dougdirt
05-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Pensacola had an 'education' day game that started at 11am.

They are now in the 9th inning, leading 4-1. Yordanys Perez hit a 3 run home run in the 8th inning.

mace
05-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Tim Crabbe: 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K.

Perez is 3-4.

dougdirt
05-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Donnie Joseph closes it out. Blue Wahoos win 4-1.

Benihana
05-21-2012, 03:16 PM
What does Joseph have to do to get to Louisville? He should arguably filling Chapman's role in the 'pen by midseason.

texasdave
05-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Pensacola had an 'education' day game that started at 11am.

I guessed they 'schooled' the opposition. Nice.

mace
05-21-2012, 05:38 PM
After three batters, the Blaze have as many hits (2) as they did yesterday. Hamilton led off with a double and Lutz drove him home. Sharky's pitching.

texasdave
05-21-2012, 05:46 PM
After three batters, the Blaze have as many hits (2) as they did yesterday. Hamilton led off with a double and Lutz drove him home. Sharky's pitching.

Maalox Monday?

Scrap Irony
05-21-2012, 05:48 PM
What does Joseph have to do to get to Louisville? He should arguably filling Chapman's role in the 'pen by midseason.

I'd definitely let AA get a longer look at him in order to

1) shine him up for possible trade bait
2) see how he progresses against people that have seen his slider

I get a Ryan Wagner vibe out of Joseph, in that his first time around the league will be dominant. After that, notsomuch.

I'd love to see Cincinnati take advantage of that somehow. Perhaps bringing him up either this September or next for the first time, then dealing him in the off-season?

mace
05-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Turns out Bakersfield had three hits in the first four batters, all doubles. Mattair was the last, giving Sharky a 2-0 lead to sink his teeth into. He's held it through three.

texasdave
05-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Sharky has pitched swimmingly this year. No question.

mace
05-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Sharky has pitched swimmingly this year. No question.

He's apparently got some bite on his curveball today: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K. It's still 2-0 Blaze.

dougdirt
05-21-2012, 07:11 PM
I

I get a Ryan Wagner vibe out of Joseph, in that his first time around the league will be dominant. After that, notsomuch.

I can understand where you are coming from, and before this season, I would have said you might be right. But Joseph is now throwing his slider in and near the zone. Wagner was never able to do that. He simply buried it in the dirt and once guys figured out that he couldn't throw it for a strike unless they swung, they stopped swinging at it. Do that with Joseph at this point and he will still throw you a strike. He couldn't do that with any consistency last year. He can now.

mace
05-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Well, that was interesting. Rogers (1.69) finished with this fine line: 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K. It was 4-0. An inning later, after an error and the struggles of Daniel Wolford, it was 4-4. The Blaze won it in the ninth on two-out, back-to-back home runs by Lutz and Mattair, who each had three hits. Brian Pearl (2 K, 1.61) got the save.

Scrap Irony
05-21-2012, 09:14 PM
I can understand where you are coming from, and before this season, I would have said you might be right. But Joseph is now throwing his slider in and near the zone. Wagner was never able to do that. He simply buried it in the dirt and once guys figured out that he couldn't throw it for a strike unless they swung, they stopped swinging at it. Do that with Joseph at this point and he will still throw you a strike. He couldn't do that with any consistency last year. He can now.

I have not seen Joseph this year. Actually, I've only seen two minor league games all season. So far.

Next week, with school out for good, that all changes. Summer trips planned to Florida and, for the second time, Montana. (Wish I could get out to Arizona and California, but that'll have to wait for a few years.

mace
05-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Louisville's tied 6-6 in the eighth. Dorn and Negron have HRs. Rhinehart with two doubles. Reineke got cuffed around a bit, but Carroll followed with a strong 2.1 innings of relief.

mace
05-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Dayton took a 7-4 lead into the ninth, but it's in serious jeopardy. McMyne gave up two hits and two walks to leave it 7-5 with the bases loaded and no outs. Ryan Kemp is on.

Kurtis Muller, who joined the club today, is 3-4 with a HR.

Ryan Wright (.301) is 2-2 with a 2B; Buckley is 2-3 with a double; Waldrop 2-4.

Gerson gave up three runs in a 6-inning start.

mace
05-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Wow, Kemp got out of it. Ground out (run scored), walk (reloaded bases), pop out, ground out. Great job. Final: 7-6 Dayton.

Edd Roush
05-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Nice to see Crabbe exhibit a little control.

dougdirt
05-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Nice to see Crabbe exhibit a little control.

I watched part of the game. When I saw the final line I was shocked. His control wasn't really that good. I didn't watch his entire start and he bounced four to the plate that bounced before they got to the dirt and they were fastballs.

Edd Roush
05-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks for raining on the parade, doug. Haha.