PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Big Mike

RedlegJake
05-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Just a quick congratulations to Mike Costanzo for his first big league hit. Costanza is the type of minor league grinder that you like to root for. It was great to see him get a game winner rbi against the Yanks, as well as getting his first big league hit in the same game. I hope he goes on to capably fill his role as a bench player and enjoys a career that lasts longer than just a cup of coffee. I like rooting for the 'grinders' like Big Mike, the filler guys who rarely get noticed but are actually much more true to our own lives than the superstars. Didn't want to let his big day go by unnoticed here on RZ.

Tom Servo
05-21-2012, 03:39 PM
I like him too. Congrats to Costanzo.

reds1869
05-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Congratulations, indeed. The son of one of my co-workers was a minor league lifer who got a nice little run with the Reds and went 3-0 as a starting pitcher. Couldn't have happened to a harder worker and I feel the same way about Mike.

WMR
05-21-2012, 06:17 PM
You know, he really grows on you... At first I hated the guy, now I find myself humming "Coooo ..... Stanzo."

The Voice of IH
05-21-2012, 08:27 PM
You know, he really grows on you... At first I hated the guy, now I find myself humming "Coooo ..... Stanzo."

Why did you not like him at first?

WMR
05-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Why did you not like him at first?

Seinfeld quote. ;) George talking about how he grows on people... Like a fungus.

Fortuna smiled upon us indeed when she sent us this Costanzo character.

Vottomatic
05-29-2012, 04:59 PM
1 for 13 with 8 K's.

Me fears Mike not be in majors too much longer.

RedlegJake
05-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Yeah, he hasn't done much with his chance.

Edd Roush
05-30-2012, 09:37 AM
I didn't think Mike should have been called up to AAA, so you know how I feel about him on the big league bench.

LoganBuck
05-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Cantstandza

George Anderson
05-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Maybe if Mike could be the "master of his domain", it would make him a better hitter.

RedlegJake
05-30-2012, 04:07 PM
I like guys like Mike but baseball is cut throat. You have to do the job even if its a few PH at bats thrown your way and he hasn't done it. It's time for him to go. Someday he'll tell his kids he helped the championship Reds of '12 win a game against the Yankees. He has that. It's more than some guys get.

_Sir_Charles_
05-30-2012, 04:14 PM
I like guys like Mike but baseball is cut throat. You have to do the job even if its a few PH at bats thrown your way and he hasn't done it. It's time for him to go. Someday he'll tell his kids he helped the championship Reds of '12 win a game against the Yankees. He has that. It's more than some guys get.

Serious understatement. It's a ton more than MOST guys get.

This is exactly the reason I'd love to see a minor league lifer like Dorn get a cup of coffee. A couple of years ago, he looked like a perfect platoon partner for us. Alas, now that we really DO need someone, he's having his worst season. Unfortunate.