PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays: 5/22

chicoruiz
05-22-2012, 08:39 AM
No Reds that I could find...

Others:

Jose Mesa (46) -I'm not saying Jose lied about his age when he began his baseball career, but he has a son who was born in 1979, which would have made Jose 13 when he became a proud papa...

Jim Colborn (66) -Attended graduate school in Scotland after getting his college degree...Pitched the first no-hitter by a Royal at Royals Stadium.

Tommy John (69) -How many guys do you know who were teammates of both Early Wynn and Deion Sanders?...It's believed that Tommy holds the record for most double play balls thrown in a career...On June 27, 1988, Tommy made three errors on the same play, bobbling a grounder, throwing it wildly to first, then making another throwing error after cutting the return throw off...All ten of the most-similar players to Tommy are in the Hall...

Al Simmons -Played in 394 consecutive games at the start of his career, a record until Hideki Matsui broke it...The quickest pkayer to get to 1500 hits and to 2000 hits in major league history.

Babe Ganzel -Had one of the great "cups of coffee" in major league history, coming up late in 1927 ant hitting .438 in 58 plate appearances...Once had to leave the game after being bitten by a dog that ran onto the field...

Bob Borkowski
05-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Jose Mesa (46) -I'm not saying Jose lied about his age when he began his baseball career, but he has a son who was born in 1979, which would have made Jose 13 when he became a proud papa...

Jose Mesa's nickname was Joe Table, the literal translation of his name in the English language.