PDA

View Full Version : Reds record when scoring 4+ runs

OnBaseMachine
05-24-2012, 02:29 PM
FSN Ohio showed a stat last night that the Reds are a sparkling 21-3 when scoring four or more runs in a game this season. I'm not sure where that ranks compared to other teams but I'm guessing it has to be near the top. It's hard to deny the fact that the Reds offense has been putrid, as they are 12th in the NL in runs scored (only 8 runs ahead of the 14th place Cubs) despite playing in the hitter friendly GABP. The fact that they are 24-19 and only a half game out of first place is a testament to how good the pitching has been. Imagine if the Reds can acquire a bat (or two) - this team can be a serious threat to go deep in the playoffs if they can add an OBP-driven bat.

Chase Headley and someone like a David DeJesus or Seth Smith (or aim bigger and go after Josh Willingham) would go a long way toward turning this into an above average offense, IMO. I just don't want to see this quality pitching ruined. Hopefully the FO can address the offensives woes, because if they do this team has a chance to do some special things.

05-24-2012, 03:58 PM
That also means they are 3-16 when they score three runs or less. Definitley a sign that they need another best.