PDA

View Full Version : Valdez

Rantly
05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Sure I understand you need to give him a start, but he's hitting .175, can't you put him down the order...he was a real rally killer yesterday

Rantly
05-29-2012, 03:18 PM
My apologies, I see this topic has already been discussed below under "pathetic lineup today"

R_Webb18
05-29-2012, 03:29 PM
of course you should but that's to hard for dusty.

UPRedsFan
05-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Maybe more line up threads will get someone's attention!

herbdizzle
05-29-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm hoping that Valdez is sent down or released once Paul Janish comes back from his wrist injury. This guy is a complete waste and I couldn't believe he was batting 2nd yesterday. On three separate occasions he has dropped the relay throw on a double play and hasn't hit over his weight at any point. Add in the fact he's got that metrosexual Red Foxx beard and I'm pining for the return of Janish.

SidneySlicker
05-30-2012, 11:49 AM
I think Valdez will be fine. He's not here as an offensive juggernaut. If we can get someone who's a solid defensive replacement and can get a timely hit now and then, I think he's versatile enough to be useful. I'm won't argue that he's been woefull at the plate, but I also do think he's that bad either. I actually think he'd benifit from some more frequent playing time. I'd like to see Brandon get a day off here or there more than he has. I remember a few times in the past where Valdez really hurt the Reds at the plate while playing for opposing teams. I'd give him a little more time to find himself, but
that's just me.

markymark69
05-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Valdez has been disappointing no doubt about it, but easy on the Paul Janish being back. We've seen that movie before and it's not very good either.

smixsell
05-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Sure I understand you need to give him a start, but he's hitting .175, can't you put him down the order...he was a real rally killer yesterday

Spot on. Resting Cozart when the team was on a roll was a very questionable decision. Batting Valdez second in the order (instead of 8th) was absolutely indefensible and in fact moronic.

nw_ohio_fan
05-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Valdez is worth keeping around. One of the few on the bench. I seen him lay down a nice bunt or two. That's nice to know he is on the bench when we need that. i have a feeling Janish could be a 4-A player. He was never known for his bat, but for his glove. I feel better trading Janish for some needed help.

malcontent
05-31-2012, 02:51 AM
Spot on. Resting Cozart when the team was on a roll was a very questionable decision. Batting Valdez second in the order (instead of 8th) was absolutely indefensible and in fact moronic.
But that's where Judy middle IFs hit back in the 60's and 70's when Baker's neural connections were fixed.

It's like having a window back in time to those days.....

:alcohol:

herbdizzle
05-31-2012, 03:17 PM
I actually think Janish is an upgrade over Valdez. PJ has a better shortstop glove and a better bat. Janish did hit .260 in 2010 and has the arm to actually play 3B as well. To me Valdez is a waste of a roster spot and offers nothing to the team. Plus he has a really lameass facial hair.

Ironman92
05-31-2012, 03:19 PM
I actually think Janish is an upgrade over Valdez. PJ has a better shortstop glove and a better bat. Janish did hit .260 in 2010 and has the arm to actually play 3B as well. To me Valdez is a waste of a roster spot and offers nothing to the team. Plus he has a really lameass facial hair.

Plus he looks like Jimmy Kimmel