PDA

View Full Version : Woman found bound after robbery in Chapman's hotel room

WildcatFan
05-30-2012, 01:14 PM
What a weird beginning to the season for Aroldis:
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/pirates/robber-hits-hotel-room-of-cincinnati-reds-pitcher-638149/

Pittsburgh police are investigating a robbery late Tuesday in the Downtown hotel room of Cincinnati Reds pitcher Aroldis Chapman at the Omni William Penn.

Mr. Chapman was not present at the time because the Reds and Pirates were playing a game that started late because of a two-hour rain delay.

Officers who were dispatched to the hotel at about 10:12 p.m. found a 26-year-old woman tied up and crying.

Dan
05-30-2012, 01:27 PM
If I had to venture a guess, I would say Chapman paid for the hotel room but other people were staying in it. At least that's how it sounds from the article.

oneupper
05-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Aroldis might need a babysitter.

traderumor
05-30-2012, 01:32 PM
This pattern is not boding well for Chapman. Getting sued, a bizarre speeding ticket, now this. He is either getting mixed up with the wrong folks and/or he is in process of being extorted. The Reds now definitely need to be asking tough questions and to step up security for this guy.

traderumor
05-30-2012, 01:40 PM
If I had to venture a guess, I would say Chapman paid for the hotel room but other people were staying in it. At least that's how it sounds from the article.It says in the article that "Mr. Chapman was not present." I think the police spokesperson is just using police speak and that the "male attending the game" refers to Chapman.

jojo
05-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Yikes!

Degenerate39
05-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Is Johnny Narron doing anything?

traderumor
05-30-2012, 01:45 PM
What's on tap for this guy next week? Stash of cigars confiscated by local authorities?

CrackerJack
05-30-2012, 01:49 PM
This pattern is not boding well for Chapman. Getting sued, a bizarre speeding ticket, now this. He is either getting mixed up with the wrong folks and/or he is in process of being extorted. The Reds now definitely need to be asking tough questions and to step up security for this guy.

Yeah something's not right.

Reds/Flyers Fan
05-30-2012, 01:50 PM
There are red flags all around Aroldis Chapman and the organization better start taking some steps before these incidents become much more serious in nature.

Chip R
05-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Perhaps she didn't say the safe word.

Tom Servo
05-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Aroldis has been partying too much with Roman Polanski.

Degenerate39
05-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Apparently it was his girlfriend http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120530/NEWS/305300055/Reports-Aroldis-Chapman-s-girlfriend-tied-up-robbed?odyssey=tab|topnews|img|Reds

OnBaseMachine
How is Chapman's girlfriend getting robbed Chapman's fault?

Always Red
She is his girlfriend, according to this report: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2012/05/30/report-aroldis-chapmans-girlfriend-robbed-in-pittsburgh/

cumberlandreds
05-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Very strange. You do wonder if there are some people who may be from Cuba who trying to set him up for something. Even just to make him look bad. He was a high profile person who defected from a not so good country. You know the Cubans aren't very happy about that.

Degenerate39
05-30-2012, 02:00 PM
At first I thought it was a random woman

westofyou
05-30-2012, 02:02 PM

Because he drives fast

Duh

CrackerJack
05-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Because he drives fast

Duh

Because Chapman's room was the one to pick out of all the millionaire players staying there, and of course you open up the door and let a non-uniformed maintenance man in to "fix your toilet" even though you never called - uh huh.

Sounds like, possibly, a bad "girlfriend." Who knows, but odd stuff happening around him lately, you have to admit that.

traderumor
05-30-2012, 02:26 PM
This season for Chapman would already make a pretty decent flick for dramatic content. The only thing left is striking out the side on 9 105MPH fastballs (in slow motion) to win the World Series.

traderumor
05-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Because Chapman's room was the one to pick out of all the millionaire players staying there, and of course you open up the door and let a non-uniformed maintenance man in to "fix your toilet" even though you never called - uh huh.

Sounds like, possibly, a bad "girlfriend." Who knows, but odd stuff happening around him lately, you have to admit that.
Maybe it was payback for being late to pick her up from the airport.

WildcatFan
05-30-2012, 02:35 PM
At this point, I have to chalk it up to a string of bad luck. The speeding ticket was a boneheaded move, but one that I've been guilty of (more than once). I don't know much about the lawsuit, or defectors for that matter, but he and his people, whoever they are, may have known there would be repercussions for defecting and were ready for it. As far as the robbery goes, millionaires are targeted frequently, and if I were going to pick a player on this team who would be most likely to have flashy stuff lying around, I'd pick Aroldis.

All that said, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for Walt and Bob to have a meeting with him and make sure he understands what's expected of him as a Red. We could all use a reminder to be careful every once in a while.

oregonred
05-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Could be coincidence but something is not right here. Reds better get to the bottom of this fast with Aroldis or the Chapman before the closer/starter argument could becomes secondary.

jojo
05-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Could be coincidence but something is not right here. Reds better get to the bottom of this fast with Aroldis or the Chapman before the closer/starter argument could becomes secondary.

The lawsuit and being arrested for speeding are "one thing". Having a close personal acquaintance tied up and robbed in your room at a 5-star hotel is in the "eye popping" category.

oregonred
05-30-2012, 02:49 PM
True. But odd to be up in Grove City at 1am on a Sunday following a roadtrip. Probably harmless but doesn't quite pass the smell test nevertheless.

jojo
05-30-2012, 02:53 PM
True. But odd to be up in Grove City at 1am on a Sunday following a roadtrip. Probably harmless but doesn't quite pass the smell test nevertheless.

As someone passionate about the Reds and excited about Chapman, the last few weeks give me a queasy feeling.... If scooby doo was here he'd say "Roh roh"...

OnBaseMachine
05-30-2012, 02:53 PM

He was picking up his girlfriend from the airport.

WMR
05-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Not to be insensitive but........ any pics of the g/f?

traderumor
05-30-2012, 02:59 PM
As someone passionate about the Reds and excited about Chapman, the last few weeks give me a queasy feeling.... If scooby doo was here he'd say "Roh roh"...
yea, that's my mindset as well. Like seeing one roach.

oregonred
05-30-2012, 03:09 PM
He was picking up his girlfriend from the airport.

Just like us, must be saving a couple hundred bucks on having her fly Southwest via Columbus instead of direct to CVG...

RedsBaron
05-30-2012, 03:21 PM
My goodness what a strange month this has been for Chapman. :eek:

mbgrayson
05-30-2012, 03:31 PM
From the Pittsburgh Post Gazette: "Robber hits Pittsburgh hotel room of Cincinnati Reds Pitcher'. (http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/pirates/robber-hits-hotel-room-of-cincinnati-reds-pitcher-638149/)

Brutus
05-30-2012, 04:12 PM
So one Reds' player saves a man's life while another has a hotel room robbed and his girlfriend tied up in the process.

Other than that, slow day... yes?

REDREAD
05-30-2012, 04:29 PM

That's what I was going to say.

So his girlfriend gets robbed, and a frivilous lawsuit is filed against him..
Don't really see any red flags there.

Plenty of young guys his age get speeding tickets/lose their license too.

Roy Tucker
05-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Yep, someone needs to have a talk with the young man.

We don't want another Dennis Rodman or, worse, Chris Henry. They were once young innocents who trouble seemed to find entirely too easily.

Benihana
05-30-2012, 04:45 PM

:lol:

The Operator
05-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Yep, someone needs to have a talk with the young man.

We don't want another Dennis Rodman or, worse, Chris Henry. They were once young innocents who trouble seemed to find entirely too easily.I agree that someone should take him under their wing nd give him a little guidance, but to compare him to Chris Henry or Dennis Rodman? That's a bit of a stretch, IMO.

George Anderson
05-30-2012, 04:53 PM
I agree that someone should take him under their wing nd give him a little guidance, but to compare him to Chris Henry or Dennis Rodman? That's a bit of a stretch, IMO.

Maybe more like Babe Ruth. Both the Babe and Chapman were dirt poor and in exile for their entire life until recently they were paroled with gobs of money at their disposal. Chapman like the Babe is making up for lost time.

reds1869
05-30-2012, 04:54 PM
There are a lot of people out there who would love to take advantage of a naive young man adapting to life in a foreign culture. The Reds need to help protect Chapman from himself and from others.

marcshoe
05-30-2012, 04:58 PM
I don't know that either Rodman or Henry were ever innocents. Henry got into plenty of trouble at WVU and, as I mentioned in another thread, Rodman almost came up into the stands once at a college game I attended. After me and a friend (the guy in front of us who had been insulting him hid his bullhorn, and Rodman focused on us. I was skeered.) My understanding was that he had a bit of a reputation at the time.

These incidents involving Chapman are bizarre, but all three seem to be of a completely different nature. fwiw, I drove over 90 quite a few times when I was his age, even though I've never been a fast driver. The other day, even, I looked down and saw I was doing 85. It's not that hard to do. I keep wondering if the lawsuit has to do with Cuban expatriate politics, which seem to be intense and something I don't fully understand.

traderumor
05-30-2012, 05:05 PM

Plenty of young guys his age get speeding tickets/lose their license too.It's not a matter of fault, but a matter of several incidents in the space of a few weeks. Sure, it could be all unrelated, but then it would seem just as reasonable to start to wonder what next and start asking questions, in a concerned parent kind of way, if I'm the Reds.

Degenerate39
05-30-2012, 05:07 PM

Plenty of young guys his age get speeding tickets/lose their license too.

At first it wasn't revealed it was his girlfriend it was just said to be a woman. If it had said it was his girlfriend from the get-go there probably wouldn't have been such a reaction IMO.

RedlegJake
05-30-2012, 05:12 PM
I feel sorry for Chapman but you have to wonder when this much stuff happens. Either the Reds need to do a better job of helping him protect himself, or his agent needs to step up his protection and counsel for this young man.

Johnny Footstool
05-30-2012, 05:18 PM
I agree that the Reds organization needs to look into what's happening here. While Chapman isn't on a path to self-destruction like Chris Henry or a path to self-parody like Dennis Rodman, he probably needs a little extra guidance, if for no other reason than to help him deal with all this craziness happening at once.

OK, now for some unfounded rumor-mongering, made-for-TV movie-style -- I think this robbery was an inside job set up by his girlfriend. I'm betting she pegged Chapman as an easy mark and planned the "robbery," including getting tied up.

The Operator
05-30-2012, 05:32 PM
OK, now for some unfounded rumor-mongering, made-for-TV movie-style -- I think this robbery was an inside job set up by his girlfriend. I'm betting she pegged Chapman as an easy mark and planned the "robbery," including getting tied up.It's not outside the realm of possibility.

One reason I'm okay with never having become famous is that you can never know for sure who's really your friend once you hit the big time. Or at the very least, it gets way more complicated.

RedlegJake
05-30-2012, 05:35 PM
It's not outside the realm of possibility.

One reason I'm okay with never having become famous is that you can never know for sure who's really your friend once you hit the big time. Or at the very least, it gets way more complicated.

Ain't it the truth. Even having a lot of money makes it harder to know for sure. Imagine being a sports star and everybody on the planet wants to be your "friend". Really hard for a kid from nowhere and nothing to wrap his head around. No wonder so many go south.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
05-30-2012, 05:39 PM
No joke, as I am flipping through this thread, I drive a fast car by Tracy Chapman came on the radio.

Reds Fanatic
05-30-2012, 05:44 PM
OK, now for some unfounded rumor-mongering, made-for-TV movie-style -- I think this robbery was an inside job set up by his girlfriend. I'm betting she pegged Chapman as an easy mark and planned the "robbery," including getting tied up.

The whole thing sounds pretty suspicious. How many "robberies" have you ever heard of where the victim is found in an open room with their hands tied up with a cloth napkin.

Bumstead
05-30-2012, 05:46 PM
The whole thing sounds pretty suspicious. How many "robberies" have you ever heard of where the victim is found in an open room with their hands tied up with a cloth napkin.

hebroncougar
05-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Didn't Aroldis leave a wife and baby behind in Cuba? I thought I had read that?

paintmered
05-30-2012, 05:58 PM
I wonder if this was to be a similar situation to the string of Venezuelan baseball player kidnappings? He's a recognizable, young millionaire in a new country, so he's definitely a target of opportunity if only for his money. And as a defector from Cuba, he's a big political target. I think it's less likely that Chapman "owes" these people through shady dealings since his girlfriend wasn't harmed.

The FBI needs to be involved for sure. And if they find the order for this came from abroad, the State Department also needs to play.

Rojo
05-30-2012, 06:04 PM

That actually sounds plausible.

CrackerJack
05-30-2012, 07:33 PM

It's what I was thinking too.

It sounds like he's involved with some bad people or with something he shouldn't be, and I hope this doesn't continue or get worse, they are not good signs.

All of a sudden that overnight speeding trip to Columbus recently between games, seems much more suspect as well now.

You hate to assume the worst, but, where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

CrackerJack
05-30-2012, 07:36 PM
I wonder if this was to be a similar situation to the string of Venezuelan baseball player kidnappings? He's a recognizable, young millionaire in a new country, so he's definitely a target of opportunity if only for his money. And as a defector from Cuba, he's a big political target. I think it's less likely that Chapman "owes" these people through shady dealings since his girlfriend wasn't harmed.

The FBI needs to be involved for sure. And if they find the order for this came from abroad, the State Department also needs to play.

My guess is that he's less of a "victim" of international conspiracy and more of a young guy with $$ for the first time in a new country, making some poor decisions and trusting/surrounding himself with the wrong people.

But obviously this is all speculation at this point, so there's no point in continuing, but it's concerning.

reds44
05-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Aroldis might need a babysitter.
Damn him for having a girlfriend!

reds44
05-30-2012, 07:41 PM
LMAO. Awesome.

This was good too.

traderumor
05-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Damn him for having a girlfriend!Yea, because that's the point.

Reds/Flyers Fan
05-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Lots of questions begging to be answered:

How did this man find out which room Chapman was staying in? It's not like the hotel gives out that information, especially for high-profile guests.

How do you bind someone's hands with a cloth napkin? Wasn't there anything else to use? It seems like the person being tied up would have to be very cooperative to allow a napkin to be tied properly to restrain her.

Why wasn't Chapman's girlfriend at the game? Seems strange to go on the road with him but then sit in a hotel room all night.

Why would Chapman's girlfriend fly into Columbus only hours after the Reds flew into Cincinnati from New York? If it's a question about airfare, why would a more expensive ticket to CVG matter to someone who signed a $30 million contract?

reds44
05-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Yea, because that's the point.
He needs a babysitter because his hotel room got robbed?

Normally the Reds reserve babysitters for chronic crack users and stuff.

reds44
05-30-2012, 07:44 PM

How did this man find out which room Chapman was staying in? It's not like the hotel gives out that information, especially for high-profile guests.

How do you bind someone's hands with a cloth napkin? Wasn't there anything else to use? It seems like the person being tied up would have to be very cooperative to allow a napkin to be tied properly to restrain her.

Why wasn't Chapman's girlfriend at the game? Seems strange to go on the road with him but then sit in a hotel room all night.

Why would Chapman's girlfriend fly into Columbus only hours after the Reds flew into Cincinnati from New York? If it's a question about airfare, why would a more expensive ticket to CVG matter to someone who signed a $30 million contract?
Not that strange. I'm pretty sure Dallas is on just about all of the Reds road trips and she doesn't go to all the games. Granted, Latos only pitches every 5 days, but still.

Roy Tucker
05-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Yeah, so I got a little carried away with the Rodman/Henry comparison. But at least Rodman in his first few years was a innocent in the woods. It's not till later on does the wacky stuff come out.

All that aside, Chapman has either had just bad luck or he's starting to dabble in things he'd be better off avoiding. Someone needs to tell him to stay home and watch Netflix and pop popcorn with his girlfriend and keep it on the straight and narrow. As fast as he's gotten it, he can lose it all just as fast.

The Voice of IH
05-30-2012, 11:02 PM
This season for Chapman would already make a pretty decent flick for dramatic content. The only thing left is striking out the side on 9 105MPH fastballs (in slow motion) to win the World Series.

LOL

Driving 93 MPH and being pulled over for a suspended licence is not what I call a 'Thriller' lol :laugh:

Chip R
05-30-2012, 11:27 PM

Agreed. Thinking the same thing.

CrackerJack
05-30-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm thinking the gal wasn't/isn't Chapman's "girlfriend," technically speaking...

WMR
05-30-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm thinking the gal wasn't/isn't Chapman's "girlfriend," technically speaking...

Exactly. We're almost definitely talking about the AAA girlfriend here. (Or AAA Girlfriend status)

WVRedsFan
05-30-2012, 11:55 PM
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/05/30/woman-found-in-cincinnati-reds-pitchers-room-questioned/

Watch the video. Very interesting. Described as his "escort."

dougdirt
05-31-2012, 12:34 AM
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/05/30/woman-found-in-cincinnati-reds-pitchers-room-questioned/

The only thing that stuck out to me in that video is that it looks like someone recorded it off of a TV and put it on their website. You can see the 'hertz' lines going up the video. You are telling me that is the best that a television station can do?

WVRedsFan
05-31-2012, 12:41 AM
The only thing that stuck out to me in that video is that it looks like someone recorded it off of a TV and put it on their website. You can see the 'hertz' lines going up the video. You are telling me that is the best that a television station can do?
It's Pittsburgh. It is the best the Yinzers can do. I've spent a lot of time in the 'Burgh, since my wife is from there and I've seen better TV production here in WV than there.

That aside, there is something strange about this. The closed-door meeting tells me this. Not good.

WVPacman
05-31-2012, 01:01 AM
Did they say on that video that she was chapmans escort?

WVRedsFan
05-31-2012, 01:21 AM
Did they say on that video that she was chapmans escort?Yes, but that was a Pittsburgh KDKA-TV reporter, and we can expect the Reds to be shown in a bad light. She was a Hispanic lady who looked somewhat older than Chapman.

WVPacman
05-31-2012, 01:50 AM
Yes, but that was a Pittsburgh KDKA-TV reporter, and we can expect the Reds to be shown in a bad light. She was a Hispanic lady who looked somewhat older than Chapman.

Say this news channel was right and she was a escort.We all know there two different kinds of escorts.One when a woman comes to your room and the other is when somebody takes you to places you want to go.They said she may be married to the guy in the video? At this point I don't know what to believe but I hope this kind of stuff quits happening to the reds expecially chapman.

WVRedsFan
05-31-2012, 01:53 AM
http://triblive.com/news/1885253-74/hotel-police-players-reds-security-chapman-manrique-team-declined-including

reds44
05-31-2012, 02:31 AM
The only thing I took from it is that Chris Heisey is still a very attractive man lol

WVRedsFan
05-31-2012, 03:24 AM
The only thing I took from it is that Chris Heisey is still a very attractive man lolEven with glasses? Wow. How about Mike with that permanent beard?

I'm out....

Redsfan320
05-31-2012, 09:26 AM
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/...om-questioned/

The link doesn't work for me. It takes me the right website, but says that specific story doesn't exist ("page not found"). IDK if the link is just bad or if the story has been taken down, adding another layer of intrigue.

dougdirt
05-31-2012, 10:06 AM
The link doesn't work for me. It takes me the right website, but says that specific story doesn't exist ("page not found"). IDK if the link is just bad or if the story has been taken down, adding another layer of intrigue.

I think it has been taken down, because the link was working yesterday.

BCubb2003
05-31-2012, 10:32 AM
If anything, it's a plot by the hitters of Major League Baseball, and as usual they missed him.

wally post
05-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Cheers, BCubb!!! Hilarious as always!!!

REDREAD
05-31-2012, 10:58 AM
It's not outside the realm of possibility.

Aren't you famous already? I thought you were the guy from "How I met your mother" :)

REDREAD
05-31-2012, 11:03 AM

Well, the hotel is known for hosting the Reds. It probably wouldn't be that difficult to watch for the players coming in, especially if you had the time to stake it out

Maybe the robber had a gun or threatened her with violence? Getting tied up seems a better option than getting hurt.

Maybe she didn't want to sit by herself at a game. It's not like she'd be able to socialize with Chapman. Maybe she wanted to chill out at the fancy hotel.

Maybe the girlfriend lives in Columbus. Maybe the girlfriend flew into Columbus at her own expense.

None of these questions really raise suspicion to me.

RedFanAlways1966
05-31-2012, 11:11 AM
If anything, it's a plot by the hitters of Major League Baseball, and as usual they missed him.

Funny, but anything is possible (the Nat'l Enquirer told me). Yet some smart people here will trade that arm for a flippin' bat. <shakes head in disbelief>

:oops:

WildcatFan
05-31-2012, 12:00 PM

What if it's only down for JUST YOU???? You may be getting too close. Decide now how deep you want to go with this.

mbgrayson
05-31-2012, 12:06 PM

Looks like KDKA pulled the story from their web site. Google shows that this is what was there at a link HERE (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/feed/&sa=U&ei=xofHT9_lBaqg2gWxt5nyCg&ved=0CAcQFjAB&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEF7reaET-uEzMY6Ebh3mBiQXl_Lw):

Woman Found In Cincinnati Reds’ Pitcher’s Room Questioned (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/05/31/woman-found-in-cincinnati-reds-pitchers-room-questioned/)

‎Today, ‎May ‎31, ‎2012, ‏‎5 hours ago | caseyshea9res://ieframe.dll/feedarrowtrans.png (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/05/31/woman-found-in-cincinnati-reds-pitchers-room-questioned/)
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — After more than five hours of questioning at Pittsburgh’s Zone 2 police station Wednesday, the woman who says an intruder tied her up in the hotel room of Cincinnati Reds’ pitcher Aroldis Chapman walked out of the building with no action taken against her.
Claudia Manrique was escorted out of Zone 2 by a man police said was her husband. She had a blanket over her head and did not respond to questions from KDKA’s Kym Gable.
A lieutenant said no charges were filed against Manrique. He would not say why they questioned her so extensively.
It all started late Tuesday night, when someone knocked on the door to the room registered to Chapman. He was not inside the room. He was still at PNC Park.

KDKA’s Kym Gable reports:

Pittsburgh police say the 26-year-old Columbian woman answered the door of Chapman’s room. A man identified himself as a maintenance worker and said he was there to fix the toilet.
Upon entering, the man demanded certain items in the room. Manrique refused. The man then allegedly tied up her hands with cloth napkins and ransacked the room taking jewelry, clothing, a notebook computer, credit cards and ID cards.
Manrique’s screaming attracted attention from other hotel guests who alerted hotel security.
Manrique, described as Chapman’s escort, told detectives that at the time of the heist, Chapman was playing the Pirates at PNC Park.

KDKA’s Heather Abraham reports:

Chapman, dubbed the Cuban missile, is 24, and defected from Cuba in 2009.
Manrique speaks English and does not need a translator. The Cincinnati Reds’ locker room was closed to some media Wednesday afternoon, but a club spokesperson said they are fully cooperating with investigators.
The Omni William Penn’s marketing director said the hotel has lots of surveillance camera video and it has all been turned over to police.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at (412)-255-2828.

The Operator
05-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Aren't you famous already? I thought you were the guy from "How I met your mother" :)Unfortunately I am not. I'm actually the guy who answers when you dial "0" or "411" and unfortunately my job requires me to speak in a feaux female voice. :p

Playadlc
05-31-2012, 02:22 PM
I’m pretty sure Chapman is living out a Tarantino movie……

reds44
05-31-2012, 03:10 PM
It turns out Chapman's "girlfriend" was married and her husband picked her up at the police station.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/05/claudia-manrique-reds-aroldis-chapmans-gf-who-was-robbed-in-his-hotel-room-is-married/

Ghosts of 1990
05-31-2012, 03:14 PM
This is going to get crazy

reds44
05-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Chapman throws hard and balls harder lol

Ghosts of 1990
05-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Diamond Hoggers ‏@DiamondHoggers
For what it's worth Aroldis Chapman's 'girlfriend' Claudia Manrique was a teen model. Google Image Search her.

NJReds
05-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Chapman seems like an awfully big risk. Maybe we can trade him for Josh Hamilton. ;)

WVRedsFan
05-31-2012, 05:31 PM
The plot thickens. It appears this pitcher, as talented as he is, has poor judgment when it comes to women, which put him in a category with 90% of us males. I made a lot of mistakes at his age concerning the same subject--women. I learned my lesson and he will have too, also. He just needs a little nudging and hopefully the Reds will help him with that.

Reds/Flyers Fan
05-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Chapman seems like an awfully big risk. Maybe we can trade him for Josh Hamilton. ;)

Well, if it's true that Chapman did cooperate with the Cuban government as the jailed man with the lawsuit alleges, then he becomes a pariah in the Cuban-American community. Just the rumors of such an allegiance are damaging enough.

I would think that would forever eliminate any chance at a trade with the Marlins. After the Ozzie Guillen flap earlier this season which caused all sorts of controversy in South Florida, I doubt the Miami front office would touch Aroldis with a 10-foot pole.

Team Clark
06-01-2012, 12:34 AM
I'm really beginning to like this Chapman guy! He's more entertaining than a Monday Night RAW script!

WVRedsFan
06-01-2012, 01:36 AM
I'm really beginning to like this Chapman guy! He's more entertaining than a Monday Night RAW script!
Yeah, but the multitudes had a problem with Josh Hamilton because of drugs. Now we have a star pitcher who has been caught driving on a suspended license, going in excess of 90 mph and later befriending a stripper who is estranged from her husband who is accused of stealing from another man. Coincidence that she gets tied up in his hotel room and $6,000 is missing? Only thing missing is a trade to the Cubs for their closer because "we can't trust him to stay clean.". Maybe we do need Jerry Narron to babysit him?

It makes not one bit of difference to me, but both cases were none of our business. Hamilton went on to be a big star and what we got in return was not much, though many continue to say it had to be done. I hope that common sense prevails this time. It may, because Chapman is revered so far. Like I said earlier, I made a lot of mistakes at 24. Didn't seem to work with Hamilton, though.

Raisor
06-01-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm not sure why Chapman needs 6k in folding money. Doesn't he carry a debit card?

hebroncougar
06-01-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm not sure why Chapman needs 6k in folding money. Doesn't he carry a debit card?

Ummmmm, they did say she was a stripper. Not sure how many of them take plastic.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

dougdirt
06-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Ummmmm, they did say she was a stripper. Not sure how many of them take plastic.

So many jokes could be made right now.....

Raisor
06-01-2012, 09:22 AM
I will say, if the show was still around, this has "Law and Order" written all over it.

OldRightHander
06-01-2012, 09:49 AM

Not sure I want to know where the card is swiped.

Sent from......a computer using a keyboard.

jojo
06-01-2012, 11:12 AM

Actually this latest round seems kinda vanilla and formulated...

A stripper was left alone in a hotel room with $6000 and the $6000 turned up missing? Shocking!

Also, strippers make their living getting out of apparel that might give Houdini some trouble and yet this one was competely thwarted by napkins.

To me the only curious part of this is that the estranged husband went to the police station in order to help her rather than to watch the circus smugly with a box of popcorn.

jojo
06-01-2012, 11:13 AM

Post. Of. The. Month.

oregonred
06-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Also, strippers make their living getting out of apparel that might give Houdini some trouble and yet this one was competely thwarted by napkins.

This thread has definitely morphed into high entertainment value. Lots of strip clubs in Houston, could be an interesting weekend for the Cuban Missille...

Team Clark
06-01-2012, 08:35 PM

You get all of your per diem money up front upon leaving for a road trip. Probably where most of that loot came from.

Still trying to get over "where to swipe" the plastic..... Ohhh my ribs hurt. :lol::lol:

Team Clark
06-01-2012, 08:37 PM
This thread has definitely morphed into high entertainment value. Lots of strip clubs in Houston, could be an interesting weekend for the Cuban Missille...

You should travel with the team to Atlanta sometime. The entertainment value goes through the roof! :thumbup:

06-01-2012, 08:46 PM

Who said she was a stripper? First I heard that.

06-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Diamond Hoggers ‏@DiamondHoggers
For what it's worth Aroldis Chapman's 'girlfriend' Claudia Manrique was a teen model. Google Image Search her.

Wrong Claudia Manrique. This one is 26 years old. The teen model is still a teenager.

membengal
06-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Perhaps she didn't say the safe word.

This thread should have ended here. Chip won.

Secretary'd.

GAC
06-02-2012, 07:36 AM

If she is a stripper she probably already has enough plastic (if you know what I mean). ;)

jojo
06-02-2012, 09:23 AM
You get all of your per diem money up front upon leaving for a road trip. Probably where most of that loot came from.

Still trying to get over "where to swipe" the plastic..... Ohhh my ribs hurt. :lol::lol:

$6000+ per diem for a 7 day road trip seems like alot even for a deep pocketed team like the Reds.....

If they actually gave Chapman that wad of cash to spend in a week, then we've figured out several problems with one stone...

_Sir_Charles_
06-02-2012, 09:29 AM

Priceless. :beerme:

traderumor
06-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Wrong Claudia Manrique. This one is 26 years old. The teen model is still a teenager.If she's a stripper, her real name is probably Bertha Smith.

KoryMac5
06-02-2012, 11:05 AM
The plot continues to thicken as Chapmans married girlfriend changes her story:

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/06/reds-aroldis-chapmans-married-stripper-girlfriend-changes-her-robbery-story/

traderumor
06-02-2012, 11:12 AM
This all seemed to help his pitching...

Team Clark
06-02-2012, 11:19 AM
$6000+ per diem for a 7 day road trip seems like alot even for a deep pocketed team like the Reds.....

If they actually gave Chapman that wad of cash to spend in a week, then we've figured out several problems with one stone...

Not all 6k would come from per diem. Maybe a 1/3. Chapman is still "new money" and it seems he likes to flash cash a bit. No problem with that. It's his money after all. MLB security needs to pay him a visit and make some suggestions to him on how to handle his business a bit better.

Aroldis seems to be a man boy in many ways. He is a mystery to many and is figuring this wide open lifestyle out for himself.

Bob Borkowski
06-21-2012, 10:26 AM
And so this little episode continues to play itself out. There was no man who claimed to be there to fix the toilet.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/da-aroldis-chapmans-guest-lied-about-robbery

Always Red
06-21-2012, 10:37 AM
And so this little episode continues to play itself out. There was no man who claimed to be there to fix the toilet.

Chapman's finding out that some Baseball Annie's are real whackjobs.

Sea Ray
06-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Police reviewed hotel surveillance video and questioned Manrique for several hours.

The Allegheny County district attorney's office has not said what led them to determine Manrique was lying about the robbery.

Read more: http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/da-aroldis-chapmans-guest-lied-about-robbery#ixzz1yRDDg3Uw

Well I'd say it's pretty obvious what led them to determine she was lying. They checked the tapes and there was no one who could have knocked on her door

TOBTTReds
06-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Well I'd say it's pretty obvious what led them to determine she was lying. They checked the tapes and there was no one who could have knocked on her door

Apparently WCPO'S writer did not read his own story.

Bob Borkowski
06-21-2012, 12:00 PM
So one Reds' player saves a man's life while another has a hotel room robbed and his girlfriend tied up in the process.

How could she have been 'tied up' if she was acting alone? Not questioning Brutus's post, just this part of the whole scenario.

mattfeet
06-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Apparently the woman lied about the incident:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8080135/cincinnati-reds-police-say-woman-lied-aroldis-chapman-robbery

-Matt

DGullett35
06-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Its kind of odd that all this off the field stuff happened right when his scoreless streak was snapped. Maybe part of his problems on the mound recently have something to do with all this stuff. Hopefully someone with the Reds has sat him down and had a little chat with him about the things hes doing away from the ballpark. I understand it really shouldn't be any of there business unless its translating into bad play on the field then I guess it would be the teams business. I think he will be ok in the long run. Hopefully this is just a blip in a long and grueling season.

Sea Ray
06-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah, it's being discussed here:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2636289&postcount=115

Sea Ray
06-21-2012, 03:36 PM
How could she have been 'tied up' if she was acting alone? Not questioning Brutus's post, just this part of the whole scenario.

I think it's safe to assume that the intruder story wasn't the only thing she lied about

Chip R
06-21-2012, 03:47 PM
I think it's safe to assume that the intruder story wasn't the only thing she lied about

Yep. She probably lied about her age too. ;)

06-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Yep. She probably lied about her age too. ;)

She also probably had seen bigger, and it was a big deal ;)

Dan
06-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Chapman's finding out that some Baseball Annie's are real whackjobs.

Yep. I met one. Was from Richmond and claimed to have slept with a lot of the Braves players that passed through. Anyway, she's in her early 40s now and we had lunch together one day. Banging body. OK face. But...

...let's just say this. In my life I've banned exactly one person from ever having contact with me through Facebook. And that person is her. OMG, this girl was NUTS! I couldn't run from that fast enough. Wow!

oregonred
06-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Its kind of odd that all this off the field stuff happened right when his scoreless streak was snapped. Maybe part of his problems on the mound recently have something to do with all this stuff. Hopefully someone with the Reds has sat him down and had a little chat with him about the things hes doing away from the ballpark. I understand it really shouldn't be any of there business unless its translating into bad play on the field then I guess it would be the teams business. I think he will be ok in the long run. Hopefully this is just a blip in a long and grueling season.

Does make you wonder. He was great in the Houston series and has been shaky at best in single handedly losing three games over the past two weeks (Pitt, Det, Tribe).