PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!!

wvreds
06-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Just wanted to point out that the Pirates are in second place and just 3 games back, and the Cards are now in third with a .500 record.. (3.5 out)

We now have a very important three game series with Pittsburgh Tuesday through Thursday

Lets take care of business!!!

dubc47834
06-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Just wanted to point out that the Pirates are in second place and just 3 games back, and the Cards are now in third with a .500 record.. (3.5 out)

We now have a very important three game series with Pittsburgh Tuesday through Thursday

Lets take care of business!!!

I don't know how important it is, I just don't think the Pirates will be contending come August other than for a .500 season. Hopefully they prove me wrong. I really like their organization the last couple of years. It would be nice to see the Reds take care of buisness tho.

New York Red
06-04-2012, 07:56 AM
The Pirates and Astros are definitely on the rise. Then you have the Cubbies. :lol:

Assembly Hall
06-04-2012, 08:12 AM
From what I am hearing the Pirates very well could be buyers leading up to the trade deadline. They need hitting and I uderstand they got plenty of young pitching to trade for it with.

MrRedLegger
06-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Pittsburgh was pretty competitive at times last year, and they are on the rise again. They led the division at one point in July and went 10-5 against us in 2011. There is plenty of concern that this team could be a threat, and so far this year we are split 3-3. Its obvious that this team can surge at times, and it seems inevitable that eventually this team will consistently put things together, whether in 2012 or in the future.

Seeing that we host an on-the-rise Pittsburgh team who just took 2nd place over the (at the moment) declining Cardinals, this series is easily the most important and most significant series of the season thus far.

Let's make a statement to the entire NL Central this week.