PDA

View Full Version : Chapman/Slider

Rantly
06-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Has anybody heard why Chapman has gone away from his slider?

brm7675
06-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Because he was so successful with the fastball I think he figured why go with another pitch. This is where the coaching staff (HELLO MR. PRICE) should have told the catcher to call for more sliders and such to keep Chapman more balanced.

Krawhitham
06-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Has anybody heard why Chapman has gone away from his slider?

DUSTYBALL

LHP Aroldis Chapman has thrown almost exclusively fastballs in his last four outings. Reds manager Dusty Baker sees no reason to change that. "Why? Because he gave up a run?" Baker said. "If he threw a slider and got beat, they'd want to know why he didn't throw a fastball. In baseball, we always feel the need to do something else. If they ain't hitting one thing, there's no need to throw anything else. There's going to come a time when he throws something else."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-06-09/sports/sns-rt-bbo-reds-playerwatchmtze869bmk1l8-20120609_1_cincinnati-reds-reds-manager-dusty-baker-pinch

Krawhitham
06-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Because he was so successful with the fastball I think he figured why go with another pitch. This is where the coaching staff (HELLO MR. PRICE) should have told the catcher to call for more sliders and such to keep Chapman more balanced.

Dusty calls the pitches, that is why the catcher always looks over to the dugout in between pitches.

Dusty is on record saying he does not need to throw a slider

dubc47834
06-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Dusty calls the pitches, that is why the catcher always looks over to the dugout in between pitches.

Dusty is on record saying he does not need to throw a slider

Dusty does not call the pitches!!! Show me something where it says he does and I will believe it!!!!

brm7675
06-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Dusty does not call the pitches!!! Show me something where it says he does and I will believe it!!!!

He may not call every pitch but he is involved with Hanigan and Meso in the game plan and if he told either one of them that he wants to see Chapman throw more sliders it would happen. HE is the manager, the buck stops with him.