PDA

View Full Version : Who's enjoying this summer with me?

redssince75
06-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Just swept the Indians! Who would've thunk that last year? In first by 2 1/2 games. After a bad April, good baseball in May and June. Cardinals are sucking. Pirates will fade again. Getting to watch the best player in baseball hit on a daily basis. Mike Leake hitting! I love to watch him hit. BP going off on one of his streaks. Young guns of Cozart, Frazier and Mesaraco contributing. The bullpen!

Sure there are negatives...but I'd rather dwell on all of the above, than Jay Bruce's maddening slumps. I'm not a "glass is half full" guy...because I think it is 3/4 full!

How 'bout them Reds!

lidspinner
06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm in. First drinks on you thread starter....

malcontent
06-14-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm with you, redssince75.

:thumbup:

texasdave
06-14-2012, 09:08 PM
You know the best part of this whole summer is gonna be at the end of the year when they officially have to retire the Preseason Prognostication Trophy after SunDeck wins it for the third year in a row. The tide will have officially turned and tORG will have to apply for membership in the SunDeck. The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

malcontent
06-14-2012, 10:04 PM
The tide will have officially turned and tORG will have to apply for membership in the SunDeck.
I do like the sound of that.

I propose that we be inclusive and not elitist.

We're all Reds fans in the end.

jrandal9
06-15-2012, 09:18 AM
I may not post a ton but I watch every single game even at work when I can only use gamecast and this is going to be an AWESOME summer. This team IS exciting to watch and I would post more if every thread wasn't so negative. Long live the positivity and the Sun Deck!:beerme:

smixsell
06-15-2012, 10:30 AM
I am enjoying it "big time." :) My wife and I have tickets for 3 of the 4 games coming up in San Fran and will, Lord willing, be sitting in seats a few rows away from "Mr. Awesome" Votto! We will also be staying in the same hotel as the Reds. :beerme:

I'm loving the good pitching, defense, youth, and increasing intensity of the team.

I'm also loving the fact that we have Votto and several other cogs of the team locked up for several years, so they will likely get to play next year and beyaond for a new manager who actually understands the rudiments of strategy and tactics. :)

brm7675
06-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Be it good or bad...watching and enjoying baseball beats out just about everything other thing...

Moonlite Graham
06-15-2012, 11:28 AM
I am enjoying it "big time." :) My wife and I have tickests for 3 of the 4 games coming up in San Fran and will be sitting in seats a few rows away from "Mr. Awesome" Votto! We will also be staying in the same hotel as the Reds. :beerme:

I'm loving the good pitching, defense, youth, and increasing intensity of the team.

I'm also loving the fact that we have Votto and several other cogs of the teamed locked up for several years, so they will likely get to play next year and beyaond for a new manager who actually understands the rudiments of strategy and tactics. :)

Were going to SF as well Have tickets for Thurs / Fri right by Reds bullpen. Trying to convince my girlfriend to go Sat....but were trying to do the whole trip on a budget and with it being a bobblehead day, prices are already ridiculous... so may lose that debate.:duel:

Didnt have enough points to stay at Reds hotel, so staying a few blocks away, but Im sure girlfriend will want to head over and see if she can see any of her boys.

smixsell
06-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Were going to SF as well Have tickets for Thurs / Fri right by Reds bullpen. Trying to convince my girlfriend to go Sat....but were trying to do the whole trip on a budget and with it being a bobblehead day, prices are already ridiculous... so may lose that debate.:duel:

Didnt have enough points to stay at Reds hotel, so staying a few blocks away, but Im sure girlfriend will want to head over and see if she can see any of her boys.

We're in the same general area as you, maybe closer to first base than the Red's bullpen, maybe we'll see you there ..... and yes, we did EXACTLY the same thing last year and were only able to make it to the Reds' hotel for a coffee and danish. Still, we saw first Cueto and then Gomes coming in when we were going out, and got to say hello and "nice game Johnny" to each. They were each alone and responded with a good natured "thanks" and a smile. It was pretty cool. :)

jwmann2
06-16-2012, 04:32 AM
We are indeed having a great season. Wish I could have caught more games than what I have thus far this season. Haven't been back since opening weekend. Hopefully will get a chance to catch the Twins next weekend.

markymark69
06-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Count me in as well.

goreds2
06-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Loving this summer. I have had two Reds "get togethers" on my patio this week.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb468/goreds2/RedsIndiansA061212.jpg

Outrider
06-17-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm with ya. There are always negatives on every team, and someone out there to jump on them with negativity. I always try to focus on positives, and this summer's pretty fun so far!

Assembly Hall
06-17-2012, 11:31 AM
I am with ya as well. The pieces appear to be falling in place and I look forward to seeing how it all plays out.

redssince75
06-17-2012, 06:08 PM
How 'bout them Reds?!

smixsell
06-26-2012, 05:48 PM
BTW, you can still be "enjoying this summer" and flame Dusty from time to time for his anti-logical moves :)

That, along with managing my own teams in SimLeague baseball (they all make the playoffs!) helps keep me relatively sane.

Ironman92
06-26-2012, 06:15 PM
I am enjoying it "big time." :) My wife and I have tickets for 3 of the 4 games coming up in San Fran and will, Lord willing, be sitting in seats a few rows away from "Mr. Awesome" Votto! We will also be staying in the same hotel as the Reds. :beerme:

I'm also loving the fact that we have Votto and several other cogs of the team locked up for several years, so they will likely get to play next year and beyaond for a new manager who actually understands the rudiments of strategy and tactics. :)

This sounds familiar?