PDA

View Full Version : Kids 3 and Under @ GABP

cbowen2112
06-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Quick question. Must you buy a ticket for children under 3 at GABP? Some parks are different, and this will be our first trek with our son to GABP.

Thanks for any info.

RedsfaninMT
06-15-2012, 12:22 AM
3 and under free. May you make it past the 4th inning. I didn't with my boy 5 years ago, and I was in from out of town :thumbdown:

cbowen2112
06-15-2012, 01:44 AM
If he can hang at Disney for 9 hours without crying, then this should be a breeze! Thanks for the info!

George Anderson
06-15-2012, 01:57 AM
There is a playground area down the first base line.

It wears mine down if needed.

LoganBuck
06-15-2012, 01:44 PM
If your kid(s) is the type who can't sit still. Please don't, the rest of us don't want to sit by them. Maybe this is a topic for another section, but I can't stand other peoples' kids when I am paying to have a good time. I am the type to put the fear of all that is holy in my kids, and they sit quietly like well adjusted humans.

My simple rule if ANY of the following are true leave the kid home: If your kid is going to be up and down the aisle constantly, trying to talk to strangers, beg for strangers food, throw things, cry, whine or if you as a parent are oblivious to the actions of your child please STAY HOME!

medford
06-15-2012, 02:07 PM
My 3 (almost 4) year old is pretty squirmy, but baseball grabs his attention and he's made it thru (2) 9 inning games. It helps that we have 4 work tickets, so we essentially get at least 1 seat maybe 2 depending on if anybody shows up next to us b/w mom & dad to give him a little space. Depending on when the game is, as long as you're not down too far, there is usually some room to spead out, so that your 3 year old has some space.

cbowen2112
06-15-2012, 04:01 PM
If your kid(s) is the type who can't sit still. Please don't, the rest of us don't want to sit by them. Maybe this is a topic for another section, but I can't stand other peoples' kids when I am paying to have a good time. I am the type to put the fear of all that is holy in my kids, and they sit quietly like well adjusted humans.

My simple rule if ANY of the following are true leave the kid home: If your kid is going to be up and down the aisle constantly, trying to talk to strangers, beg for strangers food, throw things, cry, whine or if you as a parent are oblivious to the actions of your child please STAY HOME!

Thanks for the advice. Except you forgot one thing. I am not going to stay home because someone else might get grouchy if my son decides he wants to wine. You don't know what is going on with that particular family that week night or weekend. You also do not know the child itself. What if that child has a medical history and perhaps cannot talk yet, but moans instead to get the attention of their parent. Would that be annoying to you? Should we not go out and enjoy our vacation because we cannot afford an au pair or nanny to travel 1,000 miles with us.

Basically, you could have kept this information to yourself. As you can tell it got me going a bit. Please do us a favor and do not speak your mind about how to parent a child, when you clearly have not thought of every scenario that could come up. Not everyone has a perfectly healthy child that will run up and ask you for food. If he was at that stage, then of coarse we would keep him under control. Keep this speech handy for the movie theater though, where most of your points would be valid.

Thanks.

hebroncougar
06-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the advice. Except you forgot one thing. I am not going to stay home because someone else might get grouchy if my son decides he wants to wine. You don't know what is going on with that particular family that week night or weekend. You also do not know the child itself. What if that child has a medical history and perhaps cannot talk yet, but moans instead to get the attention of their parent. Would that be annoying to you? Should we not go out and enjoy our vacation because we cannot afford an au pair or nanny to travel 1,000 miles with us.

Basically, you could have kept this information to yourself. As you can tell it got me going a bit. Please do us a favor and do not speak your mind about how to parent a child, when you clearly have not thought of every scenario that could come up. Not everyone has a perfectly healthy child that will run up and ask you for food. If he was at that stage, then of coarse we would keep him under control. Keep this speech handy for the movie theater though, where most of your points would be valid.

Thanks.

Amen brother. I've got a 4 and 6 year old, and they don't EVER annoy anyone as much as some of the stupid drunks I've dealt with at ballparks the last few times I've gone.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

HotCorner
06-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Amen brother. I've got a 4 and 6 year old, and they don't EVER annoy anyone as much as some of the stupid drunks I've dealt with at ballparks the last few times I've gone.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Amen!

reds44
06-15-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm a big fan of telling other people what they can and cannot do with their children. Always a good plan.

cbowen2112
06-15-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm a big fan of telling other people what they can and cannot do with their children. Always a good plan.

Yeah. I never quite got that. Even in that movie scenario I spoke of earlier, I never make a point to go up to the parent and say something.

Maybe I should start a new forum just for angry people, who want to rant about how horrible the parents are in this society. I know who would be my first pick for moderator;)

LoganBuck
06-15-2012, 05:16 PM

Thanks.

Everyone else at the ballpark is a paying customer too, if your child is a problem, it detracts from the experience of everyone sitting around you. Sorry I don't care about your problems. I don't want or need to sit next to someone else's "scenario". Same goes for restaurants, movie theaters, airplanes, church, or anywhere else. More often than not, it is just parents who think their kid walks on water, and is being cute. I don't think your kid is cute.

Nothing ruins an experience, like dealing with some brat, whose parents are ignorant. Don't be ignorant.

LoganBuck
06-15-2012, 05:18 PM

If more people spoke up our society would be better off.

hebroncougar
06-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Everyone else at the ballpark is a paying customer too, if your child is a problem, it detracts from the experience of everyone sitting around you. Sorry I don't care about your problems. I don't want or need to sit next to someone else's "scenario". Same goes for restaurants, movie theaters, airplanes, church, or anywhere else. More often than not, it is just parents who think their kid walks on water, and is being cute. I don't think your kid is cute.

Nothing ruins an experience, like dealing with some brat, whose parents are ignorant. Don't be ignorant.

I'm betting my kids are less of a a problem more times than your attitude.

LoganBuck
06-15-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm betting my kids are less of a a problem more times than your attitude.

I didn't say all kids, and no I don't have an attitude. It is just my top pet peeve. If your kids can sit and act like average humans at the park, please bring them. If they can not, leave them at home. The ballpark is not the place for them.

LoganBuck
06-15-2012, 05:42 PM
One other thing on the kids three and under. When they say free, that means they can come in for free, but they are not entitled to a seat. They are to sit on your lap, and generally be in your space. If there is a good crowd, the room will tight. That does not entitle you to your neighbors seat or space. Don't be cheap. Buy the kid a seat, and put his soft sided cooler under that seat. Don't put it under your neighbors, that is his space.

Always Red
06-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Tough call.

3 grown children of my own; no grandchildren yet.

Love children, prefer well behaved kids (who doesn't?)

My own beef is with parents in situations like at a ballgame at GABP who make no effort to control their kids.

Kids are kids and they are gonna do what they do- they cannot be blamed, in my opinion.

But in a spot like GABP, if the kid is uncontrolled and the parent is making no effort to reign him in, then thats on the parent.

I'm always ready and willing to overlook, if the parent is making an effort and the kid is just over tired, hot, sleepy, etc.

But, just like there are lots of drunk idiots at baseball games these days (and exactly who can get drunk at $9 a beer??), there are a good number of kids running around with no be really watching them.

I can see both sides of this.

Virginia Beach Reds
06-15-2012, 09:58 PM
I think the key is just to be respectful of others. I think most people are at the park. GABP is a GREAT place for a kid and they have places for those that want to do something else when they get tired of watching the field (play land area, etc.) Three and under free on your lap. I will say that many people aren't respectful of others, and the fact that have paid good money to enjoy the experience. I think all should just keep this in mind when they are toting their kids to the park.

cbowen2112
06-16-2012, 01:29 AM

I never said that my kid would be unruly or unsupervised. Thanks for thinking that highly of everyone. Kids will be kids sometimes, no matter what parents do or do not do. As for the Brewers series where our seats are discounted by $20, I really would not feel bad if my son decides to have an off night.

Apparently you missed the part where I said my son spent 9 hours at Disney with no problems and happened to have a stomach bug, with the most genuine smile and happy go-lucky attitude. I think you could learn something from him. Even though you do not "care" about my problems (will take note of that). I think the only one who is ignorant in this "scenario" is you. Good day sir.

cbowen2112
06-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Mods feel free to shut this one down, before it gets really nasty. Sorry for the intrusive question thread.

Blitz Dorsey
06-16-2012, 02:54 AM

Haha. You kids stay off my lawn!

1990REDS
06-16-2012, 09:23 AM
I personally would take a whiny crying 3 year old over an obnoxious 40 year old drunk screaming expletives at players, coaches, and umpires and making me get up every inning so he can get past me in the seats to go to the bathroom any day of the week. The latter was my last experience at GABP.

LoganBuck
06-16-2012, 10:20 AM
I never said that my kid would be unruly or unsupervised. Thanks for thinking that highly of everyone. Kids will be kids sometimes, no matter what parents do or do not do. As for the Brewers series where our seats are discounted by $20, I really would not feel bad if my son decides to have an off night.

Apparently you missed the part where I said my son spent 9 hours at Disney with no problems and happened to have a stomach bug, with the most genuine smile and happy go-lucky attitude. I think you could learn something from him. Even though you do not "care" about my problems (will take note of that). I think the only one who is ignorant in this "scenario" is you. Good day sir.

Apparently you read this as directed at you individually. It is directed at the masses.