PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lidge DFA

Brutus
06-17-2012, 02:47 PM
The Nats designated Lidge for assignment, so they'll have 10 days to trade, release or outright assign him to the minors.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/17/nationals-dfa-brad-lidge-activate-ryan-mattheus-dl/

Should he get his walking papers, he might be a worthwhile gamble for any club needing bullpen help.

camisadelgolf
06-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Cincinnati won't be tempted. It would make no sense for the Reds to consider it. They're having problems finding spots on the roster for the guys they have now as it is. It's a nice problem to have.

westofyou
06-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Earlier in the year many pundits were patting the Nats on the back for the Lidge signing, crafty they declared!

Vottomatic
06-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Reds have too many bullpen arms. Wait! Did I really just say that?

cumberlandreds
06-18-2012, 08:10 AM
He's done. I'll be surprised if anyone pick him up. But you never know. If no one does then I got to see him in person for his final appearance.

PuffyPig
06-18-2012, 08:37 AM
He's done. I'll be surprised if anyone pick him up. But you never know. If no one does then I got to see him in person for his final appearance.

Cards could certainly use some help in the bullpen. Right now Boggs is the only one who's getting anyone out with any consistency.

cumberlandreds
06-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Cards could certainly use some help in the bullpen. Right now Boggs is the only one who's getting anyone out with any consistency.

I hope they do pick him up. Because it will be a hit parade for the other team. :)