PDA

View Full Version : 2012 College World Series

Yachtzee
06-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Anybody following this? I can't believe my alma mater, Kent State, not only made it, but just beat Florida to stay in the tournament. While Stony Brook has been getting most of the Cinderella press, Kent State is a big Cinderella as well and has managed to stay in longer.

Reds Freak
06-19-2012, 08:25 AM
I love everything about the College World Series. I've been to Omaha once and it was one of the greatest sporting events I've ever attended. I know Kent State seems like a Cinderella, but they really aren't. They are a solid club and have been for several years. Best program in Ohio by far. Maybe they can knock out another SEC school Thursday.

jimbo
06-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Anybody following this? I can't believe my alma mater, Kent State, not only made it, but just beat Florida to stay in the tournament. While Stony Brook has been getting most of the Cinderella press, Kent State is a big Cinderella as well and has managed to stay in longer.

I'm really pulling for Kent State. What a great story.

I do think Florida got screwed on that last at-bat last night though. The umpire called a strike on pitch that was way outside, which would have been ball 4 and a run scored to tie the game. And then the strikeout in the same at-bat on a checked swing was also pretty questionable.

Having said that, I think they are very deserving of where they are. Hope they take out South Carolina tomorrow night.

Yachtzee
06-19-2012, 06:32 PM
I love everything about the College World Series. I've been to Omaha once and it was one of the greatest sporting events I've ever attended. I know Kent State seems like a Cinderella, but they really aren't. They are a solid club and have been for several years. Best program in Ohio by far. Maybe they can knock out another SEC school Thursday.

They have produced a number of major leaguers, but this is their first time getting over the hump to make it to Omaha.

Yachtzee
06-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Famous baseball alumni include Thurman Munson, Steve Stone, Gene Michael, and Hal McCoy. Yes, that Hal McCoy.

reds1869
06-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Tough task today for Kent. Taking out the Gamecocks would be spectacular.