PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds Last in Customer Satisfaction

cumberlandreds
06-21-2012, 07:59 AM
McDonalds Last in Customer Satisfaction

No surprise here. The McDonalds in northern Virginia are terrible. Most of the workers can't understand you when you order something. KFC is bad too. I'm going to have to come to Kentucky to get good KFC. Also the Dunkin Donuts in my area never have enough dooughnuts. I've quit going to them. Whenever I go to one up here they are out of the glazed donuts. How does a Dunkin Donuts run out of doughnuts? http://www.wildcatnation.net/forum/images/smilies/shrug1.gif

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/mc...165900737.html (http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/mcdonalds-ranks-last-customer-satisfaction-index-165900737.html)

SunDeck
06-21-2012, 09:14 AM
How does a Dunkin Donuts run out of doughnuts?

:lol: I used to go to a Caribou Coffee across from my workplace and it seemed like about half the time I'd order a cup of Joe and they'd say, "That'll be a minute, we're brewing a new pot." It doesn't seem hard to anticipate that if you are a coffee shop, people will expect coffee.
But I've been known to over think things.

Sea Ray
06-21-2012, 10:02 AM
I must admit I go to McDonald's regularly because of my kid's affection for Happy Meals and Daddy's refusal to cook and yes their service is horrible. We go to several different McDonald's and the problems happen across the board. They rarely remember "everything". Most commonly forgot items include ketchup and straws but there's nothing that they haven't screwed up at one time or another. The most irritating part is that they don't make it easy for you to question them. They give you the bag at the drive thru, say thank you and then close the window or walk off. I have to check everything right there and wait for them to graciously return in order to settle our differences. It would make it much more service oriented if they'd hand you the bag and say "did we get everything" just like they do when they deliver your food at Frisch's.

westofyou
06-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Haven't bought anything but iced tea ( on the road) there in almost 20 years

Tastes extremely processed

Check this out

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/06/20/mcdonalds-advertising-behind-the-scenes_n_1611841.html

Razor Shines
06-21-2012, 11:19 AM
You guys haven't watched Super Size Me?

Yes, if you're kinda fat already and you eat McDonald's for every meal for 30 straight days you are going to get fatter and you're going to feel sbomb.

Off topic but i take any chance I get to point out how pointless that movie was. Super High Me was much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cumberlandreds
06-21-2012, 11:22 AM
:lol: I used to go to a Caribou Coffee across from my workplace and it seemed like about half the time I'd order a cup of Joe and they'd say, "That'll be a minute, we're brewing a new pot." It doesn't seem hard to anticipate that if you are a coffee shop, people will expect coffee.

That's better than not having any and not having anymore until tomorrow. I can wait on a fresh pot of coffe to brew. I would actually prefer that. I complained to Dunkin Donuts about it through their website. The guy that owned the local franchise e-mailed me and offered me a free dozen but I never took them up on it. I just don't go there anymore. Which is all the better for me and my health.

dougdirt
06-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Haven't bought anything but iced tea ( on the road) there in almost 20 years

Tastes extremely processed

Check this out

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/06/20/mcdonalds-advertising-behind-the-scenes_n_1611841.html

They are all like that. I have a friend who does food photography for a living and most of the stuff she shoots isn't even close to actually being edible.

medford
06-21-2012, 11:59 AM
They are all like that. I have a friend who does food photography for a living and most of the stuff she shoots isn't even close to actually being edible.

In general I agree with that, but for those in the Dayton area, I've always wondered if Cassano's Pizza does anything different to their "food" for their TV commercials? By that I mean, it pretty much always looks like what is delievered, not some supped up pizza that is obviously doctored for commericals like you see with the national chain commercials for Domino's, Pizza hut, etc...

If you went my TV, a pizza hut pizza would kick cassano's butt every day of the week, but when you take what's delivered to my door, the cassano's pizza that looks pretty close to what I saw on TV is about 1000% times better (at least when they get it right, they tend to have issues with consistancy ranging b/w a perfect thin crust pizza to a very average pizza, at least Pizza Hut is consistantly crappy, so they've got that going for them.)

sonny
06-21-2012, 02:05 PM

Yes, if you're kinda fat already and you eat McDonald's for every meal for 30 straight days you are going to get fatter and you're going to feel sbomb.

Off topic but i take any chance I get to point out how pointless that movie was. Super High Me was much better.

No.

redsfan1980
06-21-2012, 06:37 PM
haha incredible......sadly i still eat that crap.....pretty soon ill be having heart surgery haha

buckeyeboy
06-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Is it just me, or did fast food actually taste better back in the mid 70's? A quarter pounder looked and tasted much better than today. And you could really taste the char broiled taste in a Whopper. Taco Bell used to cook and mash their refried beans in the store. And Wendy's hamburger used to taste like Five Guys hamburgers do now. What happened?

bigredmechanism
06-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Is it just me, or did fast food actually taste better back in the mid 70's? A quarter pounder looked and tasted much better than today. And you could really taste the char broiled taste in a Whopper. Taco Bell used to cook and mash their refried beans in the store. And Wendy's hamburger used to taste like Five Guys hamburgers do now. What happened?

My money is on using cheaper ingredients to increase their profit.

Yachtzee
06-22-2012, 02:10 AM

Actually, I think Time Magazine did a taste test between Wendy's and Five Guys. Believe it or not, Wendy's came out on top. I like Wendy's because their burgers taste like actual beef. With McDonald's and Burger King, I think they use seasonings or their "charbroilers" to cover the taste of the meat. When it comes to hamburgers, I'm a bit of a purist in that I think less is more. When I make them at home, it's just a blend of ground sirloin and ground chuck with just enough salt to enhance the flavor of the beef.

Five Guys is okay. If you're ever in the Akron area, Swenson's drive in is a good place to try.

fearofpopvol1
06-22-2012, 03:29 AM
Actually, I think Time Magazine did a taste test between Wendy's and Five Guys. Believe it or not, Wendy's came out on top. I like Wendy's because their burgers taste like actual beef. With McDonald's and Burger King, I think they use seasonings or their "charbroilers" to cover the taste of the meat. When it comes to hamburgers, I'm a bit of a purist in that I think less is more. When I make them at home, it's just a blend of ground sirloin and ground chuck with just enough salt to enhance the flavor of the beef.

Five Guys is okay. If you're ever in the Akron area, Swenson's drive in is a good place to try.

I had Wendy's for the first time about a year ago and it was pretty decent. I think they revamped their menu last year and the quality was better.

If I'm going to go fast food for a burger, I'll stand in line for the Shake Shack.

cumberlandreds
06-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Wendys was much better in the 70's and even into the 80's. The hamburgers much juicer and thicker than todays. I rarely get one from them anymore. Where's the beef?!?

TeamSelig
06-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Wendy's hamburgers are still pretty awesome

*BaseClogger*
06-22-2012, 07:54 PM
In general I agree with that, but for those in the Dayton area, I've always wondered if Cassano's Pizza does anything different to their "food" for their TV commercials? By that I mean, it pretty much always looks like what is delievered, not some supped up pizza that is obviously doctored for commericals like you see with the national chain commercials for Domino's, Pizza hut, etc...

What do you think of Marion's?

*BaseClogger*
06-22-2012, 07:56 PM

You completely missed the point, didn't you?

Revering4Blue
06-22-2012, 08:24 PM

Ah, Caribou Coffee. A blast from the past. Takes me back to my days in Cary, NC. Great coffee, great atmosphere--puts Starbucks to shame, IMHO.

bigredmechanism
06-22-2012, 08:50 PM

Wow, that is surprising to me. I guess Wendy's isn't as bad as BK or the Clown. Sadly for them I typically just lump them together, since all three of them are in the same area for me. I think I typically go for the spicy chicken sandwich when I go to Wendy's anyway, because it truly dominates.

Five Guys I like, but honestly nothing really comes close to a burger that you cook on your own. It's not rocket science to grill a burger, and you can go all out with the meat/bread/veggies/spreads. Although something interesting that I'm not sure if it's company policy: both times I went there, after the guy put the french fries in the bag, told me to hold on a second, and promptly stuffed the rest of the order bag with fries. I am okay with that, really.

McDonalds I haven't eaten in a few years now I am guessing. Sweet-ish bun (wtf?) and as you said a really poor meat taste/quality. Even as cheap as it is, it's really not worth it IMO.

Razor Shines
06-22-2012, 10:29 PM

Yes. It's been a long time. Something about people being too stupid not to eat McDonald's so they should have laws similar to tobacco put on them? Don't think I agree, but I just thought it was kind of silly when they were being so dramatic about how horrible his health had become.

I just don't know how addictive fast food is. After being super thin most of my life without trying, a couple years ago I realized that I had become fat and I had a terrible diet. I ate fast food frequently. I read the 4-Hour Body by Tim Feraris changed my diet (first diet I've ever tried) and was off and running no problems. 2 years and 65lbs down later I haven't looked back, found it very simple to give up fast food (except for that one day a week). Maybe I'm way off on remembering the point of the movie though.

kaldaniels
06-22-2012, 10:52 PM
What does McDonalds do to their burgers to make them so "unnatural" seeming? I assume cheap cuts of meat, but to have a burger turn out the way they do, something "synthetic" has to be going on, no?

Yachtzee
06-22-2012, 11:49 PM
What does McDonalds do to their burgers to make them so "unnatural" seeming? I assume cheap cuts of meat, but to have a burger turn out the way they do, something "synthetic" has to be going on, no?

I think it's a combo of cheap meat and cheap seasonings like onion powder. I know they put those little diced onions on everything, but I think the meat itself tastes of onion powder and black pepper. To me, that says that the meat isn't very good and they're trying to mask the flavor.

*BaseClogger*
06-23-2012, 03:00 AM
Yes. It's been a long time. Something about people being too stupid not to eat McDonald's so they should have laws similar to tobacco put on them? Don't think I agree, but I just thought it was kind of silly when they were being so dramatic about how horrible his health had become.

I just don't know how addictive fast food is. After being super thin most of my life without trying, a couple years ago I realized that I had become fat and I had a terrible diet. I ate fast food frequently. I read the 4-Hour Body by Tim Feraris changed my diet (first diet I've ever tried) and was off and running no problems. 2 years and 65lbs down later I haven't looked back, found it very simple to give up fast food (except for that one day a week). Maybe I'm way off on remembering the point of the movie though.

Of all people then, I'm surprised you chose to label a documentary critical of the fast food industry at the peak of the obesity epidemic as "pointless"...

Razor Shines
06-23-2012, 03:36 AM
Of all people then, I'm surprised you chose to label a documentary critical of the fast food industry at the peak of the obesity epidemic as "pointless"...

That was my point though. I didn't need a documentary to tell me "fast food is making you fat" and it wasn't hard to walk away from from fast food either. I don't think im particularly special in my ability to break away from fast food, people just don't want to bad enough. Maybe Morgan Spurlock did open some people's eyes but I just find it hard to believe that people don't know these things already.

*i don't know how I botched the author's name so poorly earlier but it's Ferriss.

*BaseClogger*
06-23-2012, 04:41 AM
That was my point though. I didn't need a documentary to tell me "fast food is making you fat" and it wasn't hard to walk away from from fast food either. I don't think im particularly special in my ability to break away from fast food, people just don't want to bad enough. Maybe Morgan Spurlock did open some people's eyes but I just find it hard to believe that people don't know these things already.

*i don't know how I botched the author's name so poorly earlier but it's Ferriss.

You're oversimplifying the film though if you believe its sole purpose was to tell you that "fast food makes you fat". As I recall, it also discussed the marketing, chemistry, and psychology employed by fast food to get you to keep coming back for more of their product.

Was An Inconvenient Truth really necessary since everybody knows pollution is bad for the Earth?

The Decomposition Of McDonald's Burgers And Fries. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uHxRwQqWFo)

SunDeck
06-23-2012, 07:01 AM
Ah, Caribou Coffee. A blast from the past. Takes me back to my days in Cary, NC. Great coffee, great atmosphere--puts Starbucks to shame, IMHO.

This was the one on Hillsborough, I worked right across the street at NC State. Then a Starbucks went a block up and Caribou was gone in a year, which was a real shame. I do not prefer Starbucks coffee.

As to MacDonald's or any other fast food, I'm continually surprised that people don't seem get the connection between it and poor health. We don't eat fast foot and nor do we eat at places like Olive Garden, TGI Fridays, etc., where if one were to actually consider the carbs, sodium, fat and calories they are taking in, they might reconsider. In my opinion, those places are just as bad. In fact, if you really think about the ways in which those restaurants try to appeal to customers, it's all about loading up on empty calories, fat and salt and huge portions, probably twice as much as what I would consider reasonable and healthy for someone trying to avoid a spare tire. Yet, sit in the parking lots of these places and I'll venture that most of the adults you see entering the places are overweight; it's like people don't understand the connection between poor eating habits and weight.

Yachtzee
06-23-2012, 11:15 PM
This was the one on Hillsborough, I worked right across the street at NC State. Then a Starbucks went a block up and Caribou was gone in a year, which was a real shame. I do not prefer Starbucks coffee.

As to MacDonald's or any other fast food, I'm continually surprised that people don't seem get the connection between it and poor health. We don't eat fast foot and nor do we eat at places like Olive Garden, TGI Fridays, etc., where if one were to actually consider the carbs, sodium, fat and calories they are taking in, they might reconsider. In my opinion, those places are just as bad. In fact, if you really think about the ways in which those restaurants try to appeal to customers, it's all about loading up on empty calories, fat and salt and huge portions, probably twice as much as what I would consider reasonable and healthy for someone trying to avoid a spare tire. Yet, sit in the parking lots of these places and I'll venture that most of the adults you see entering the places are overweight; it's like people don't understand the connection between poor eating habits and weight.

Caribou is good. Starbucks always tastes burnt.

oneupper
06-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Caribou is good. Starbucks always tastes burnt.

The barista has something to do with that, i believe. My local starbucks is almost always good, but at others I get the burnt coffee taste. (on the expresso, that is).

For the americano.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/food_party/127626/starbucks_to_sell_a_new

Looks like others felt the same way.

gilpdawg
06-25-2012, 04:44 AM
I love it. Closest one to me is about 30 minutes away, so we only go if we're in Dayton for something else, but it's good stuff.

medford
06-25-2012, 10:18 AM

I love Marion's, though I realize like Skyline Chili is a cincy thing that outsiders sometimes won't like b/c its different, Marion's is very much a Dayton thing that sometimes outsiders won't like b/c its different than what you'd expect out of a pizza.

Marion's is significantly more consistant than Cassano's, I'd say you get roughly the same quality pizza every time you go to marians, at at all the locations I've been to (roughly 5 or 6 of them), whilce Cassano's has always struggled with that. A top shelf Cassano's pizza is better in my opinion, but you only get that top shelf Cassano's pizza about half the time, the other half of the time, I'd rank Marion's above Cassano's (though the cassano's pizza on the off days is still pretty good, it mostly has to do with the amount of salt underneath the crust, which plays a huge role since the crust is so thin)

They are building a Marion's is Mason for anyone in that part of town.

For (south of) Dayton area pizza, I'd go:

Monster Pizza (aka Doubleday's in Centerville)
Jets (which has a much larger footprint than I realized when I first had in columbus a few years ago, I know its in the Cincy area now)

Dewey's (though I consider Dewey's more of a cincy thing since it started there, even though there is one in Dayton now)
Marion's
Cassano's

I could flip those 3 around pretty much anyway depending on the day, Marion's is great for dinning in, cassano's if I want delivery, Dewey's is better for its uniqueness and their salads and beer are great, so it makes for more of a meal than just going out for a pizza.

jimbo
06-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Marion's is significantly more consistant than Cassano's, I'd say you get roughly the same quality pizza every time you go to marians, at at all the locations I've been to (roughly 5 or 6 of them), whilce Cassano's has always struggled with that. A top shelf Cassano's pizza is better in my opinion, but you only get that top shelf Cassano's pizza about half the time, the other half of the time, I'd rank Marion's above Cassano's (though the cassano's pizza on the off days is still pretty good, it mostly has to do with the amount of salt underneath the crust, which plays a huge role since the crust is so thin)

I think you've nailed it perfectly with describing these two places, and I couldn't agree more. I used to love Cassano's back in the day, and if you can get a good one today, they are still fabulous. But I don't go there anymore because I got tired of spending money on a pizza when I had no idea what I was going to get. I think some of the remaining independent Cassano's are still worth going to as nothing has changed with them. The one in Sidney comes to mind.

As far as Marion's goes, it's my favorite pizza place and I know that whichever one I go to, I will always get the same pizza. So happy that my hometown now has one.

*BaseClogger*
06-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Jets (which has a much larger footprint than I realized when I first had in columbus a few years ago, I know its in the Cincy area now)

Yep, that's a Detroit chain. It's pretty good compared to most chain places, but it's only a rough sketch of the really good Detroit pizza places...

Johnny Footstool
06-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Five Guys I like, but honestly nothing really comes close to a burger that you cook on your own. It's not rocket science to grill a burger, and you can go all out with the meat/bread/veggies/spreads. Although something interesting that I'm not sure if it's company policy: both times I went there, after the guy put the french fries in the bag, told me to hold on a second, and promptly stuffed the rest of the order bag with fries. I am okay with that, really.

That's company policy. If they guy tried to make it look like you were getting a little something extra, then he's doing a great job of marketing.

Five Guys is good -- they use quality ingredients, and they aren't very expensive.

Do you have Backyard Burgers restaurants in your area? IMO, of all the fast food places, it tastes the most like the burgers you grill yourself. Their waffle-cut fries are weak, but it looks like they just added sweet potato fries to the menu.

Sea Ray
06-26-2012, 09:47 AM
McDonalds Last in Customer Satisfaction

No surprise here. The McDonalds in northern Virginia are terrible. Most of the workers can't understand you when you order something. KFC is bad too. I'm going to have to come to Kentucky to get good KFC. Also the Dunkin Donuts in my area never have enough dooughnuts. I've quit going to them. Whenever I go to one up here they are out of the glazed donuts. How does a Dunkin Donuts run out of doughnuts? http://www.wildcatnation.net/forum/images/smilies/shrug1.gif

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/mc...165900737.html (http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/mcdonalds-ranks-last-customer-satisfaction-index-165900737.html)

Yet, the company itself is one of the most respected, coming in 3rd:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/25/barrons-most-respected-companies-2012_n_1624356.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl14%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D173106#slide=113970 3

dabvu2498
06-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Do you have Backyard Burgers restaurants in your area? IMO, of all the fast food places, it tastes the most like the burgers you grill yourself. Their waffle-cut fries are weak, but it looks like they just added sweet potato fries to the menu.

Man, I miss Backyard Burgers. I've thought about putting together a group to see if they'd open a franchise in the Cincy area.

Revering4Blue
06-26-2012, 03:49 PM
IMHO, nothing touches Cook-Out, a chain in TN, VA and the Carolinas, for Burgers and Shakes.

http://www.cookoutnc.com/

Rojo
07-11-2012, 04:36 PM

I thought Spurlock missed the point -- or at least a key point that came out in the movie. Namely that soft drinks are the real driver of "diabesity".

But I liked the movie well enough.

Rojo
07-11-2012, 04:39 PM
My son, a BK veteran and talent amateur of all things fast food, pointed out the McDonald's hasn't moved to the new system of fast food service where you wait in one line, order and pay at the next available cashier and then move to the side where other employees take care of order fulfillment.

McDonald's has that Charlie-Foxtrot thing of having several trays sitting by the cashier who's attention is divided between taking the next order and fulfilling the previous one.

Cant Touch This
07-11-2012, 08:45 PM
No matter what I read, no matter what I watch, and no matter what I already know, I will always enjoy a hot Big Mac. I remember when I was a student at Miami the McDonald's in Oxford would often run a 2 for $2 special on Big Macs. Between that special and SDS Pizza it's a miracle I'm still breathing.

gonelong
07-11-2012, 11:37 PM
I enjoy them every 3 months when they send me a dividend.

bucksfan2
07-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I enjoy them every 3 months when they send me a dividend.

:thumbup: And keep raising that dividend!

TeamSelig
07-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Any food I like is the best and everyone that likes something that I don't, is crazy and wrong.

Rojo
07-13-2012, 01:54 PM
and everyone that likes something that I don't, is crazy and wrong.

Like people who like cucumbers. You do realized that cucumbers are 100% rind? Do you hear me? All rind!

knuckleballah22
07-15-2012, 05:35 PM
I love McDonalds. If i'm hungry and I want to eat quarter pounder then ill go to McDonalds and buy one... I dont care... Its my money and I earned it... I dont care if I get fat I'll go to gym or exercise... and then ill have heart surgery lol