PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Famers at the Reds Hall this weekend

alexad
06-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Took the family to the meet the Hall
Of Famers who were in attendance this weekend. WOW. Total class acts. Every players ask my boys if they played ball and what position. Leo was the best. He told my oldest to eat cereal this morning before his tournament game and to stay away from bacon and eggs. Lee May was friendly and told the Hall people to relax when they tried to push us through. Eric Davis still looks like he could play. Sean Casey was very personable and thanked us several times for attending. George Foster flirted with my wife and pushed me out of the picture Loved seeing the guys I grew up watching. The Hall of Fame did a tremendous job and the players proved why I am a die hard REDS FAN FOR LIFE.

DGullett35
06-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks for sharing and Im glad you had a great time. If you could tell, who were the rest of the Hall of Famers that you met?

alexad
06-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Jack Billingham
Leo Cardenas
Clay Carroll
Sean Casey
David Concepcion
Eric Davis
Dan Driessen
George Foster
Cesar Geronimo
Wayne Granger
Tommy Helms
Lee May
Gary Nolan
Jim O’Toole
Mario Soto

As soon as my wife gets the pics off the camera I will post them. It was amazing to all these guys in one place. They allowed a pic with everyone. No autographs but I am not a pic autograph hound.

Unassisted
06-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Nice.

I was kind of disappointed by the fuss made over Sean Casey during the TV broadcast today and that the announcers all but ignored fellow inductee Dan Driessen. Glad to hear that there was an opportunity for the fans to gladhand Driessen and show him some appreciation for the good years he put in on some good and bad Reds teams.

cumberlandreds
06-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Nice.

I was kind of disappointed by the fuss made over Sean Casey during the TV broadcast today and that the announcers all but ignored fellow inductee Dan Driessen. Glad to hear that there was an opportunity for the fans to gladhand Driessen and show him some appreciation for the good years he put in on some good and bad Reds teams.

I wasn't able to watch Friday night but Grande mentioned they had Driessen on then. I wish I could have heard him.

I wish I could make one of these weekends. I would love to meet some of those guys. Especially the ones from the 70's that I watched growing up. Sounded like a good time getting to meet those guys.

CrackerJack
06-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Nice.

Yeah I agree, the focus on Casey got a bit old. Nothing against Casey at all, but as a kid in the 70's I was hoping to at least hear "something" about Driessen's career here, a name I heard constantly for years as a kid from Marty & Joe on the radio, but was too young to really know much more about him.

Instead we got more "golly-gee-whiz" fluffy nonsense from the Fox Sports/1530 Homer crew all weekend, gushing over Casey for the umpteenth time about what a positive, energetic guy he is. (...Zzzzz)

At least Marty had a few things to say about Dan, but it was mostly about how he hadn't seen him around in such a long time, but at least it was something.

CrackerJack
06-23-2012, 11:55 PM
I wasn't able to watch Friday night but Grande mentioned they had Driessen on then. I wish I could have heard him.

I wish I could make one of these weekends. I would love to meet some of those guys. Especially the ones from the 70's that I watched growing up. Sounded like a good time getting to meet those guys.

Unfortunately I couldn't hear nor see the broadcast most of the night due to Fox Sports constant technical issues with home games, for whatever reason. So I missed that sadly.

Larkin Fan
06-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Nice.

Driessen got his due on Friday night with a lengthy stay in the booth during the game. Grande also mentioned it while Casey was in the booth. He was far from ignored.

_Sir_Charles_
06-24-2012, 11:34 AM

It was a pretty awkward interview. They asked him mostly about his thoughts on Joe Morgan. Yeah, really. It was odd. Danny's not exactly a good fit for the tv or radio being as quiet as he is. But you'd think they could focus their questions on HIS career and on HIS thoughts about his career. Nope, they kept going back to his thoughts on Morgan. Odd.