PDA

View Full Version : Nick Swisher

bleedsred
06-27-2012, 10:18 PM
What would it take to pry him from the Yanks? CC/Andy P are both on the shelf and they need pitching......maybe a pipe dream but what do you think it would take???

Tuff Nut
06-27-2012, 10:32 PM
I'd offer Bailey and Fischer, and see how things go.

The Rage
06-27-2012, 10:38 PM

Why would they want Bailey? Guy has no trade value. Most likely they would start with Leake and go to Cingrani.

R_Webb18
06-27-2012, 10:38 PM

who replaces bailey?

Ironman92
06-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Swisher is one of those "heart and soul" guys of that team....bet you couldn't touch him. Gardner would be a far better bet...straight up for HR.

OneManBand
06-27-2012, 10:45 PM
I'd love to see the Columbus Ohio boy in a Reds uniform.. Maybe not as much as Carlos Quentin but I wouldn't jump off a bridge if Swisher was acquired.

I'd offer Didi, Corcino, and Heisey for Nick Swisher and Cash.

The Rage
06-27-2012, 10:46 PM
I'd love to see the Columbus Ohio boy in a Reds uniform.. Maybe not as much as Carlos Quentin but I wouldn't jump off a bridge if Swisher was acquired.

I'd offer Didi, Corcino, and Heisey for Nick Swisher and Cash.

Replace Corcino with Leake and you may get a listen.

Tuff Nut
06-27-2012, 11:02 PM
who replaces bailey?
For now.......LeClure. Call Hoover back up.

R_Webb18
06-27-2012, 11:31 PM
For now.......LeClure. Call Hoover back up.

that seems horrible.

Ironman92
06-27-2012, 11:58 PM
that seems horrible.

Yeah....about impossible to win 5 games in 3 months.

Ironman92
06-27-2012, 11:58 PM

Hondo
06-28-2012, 02:33 AM
Reports out of Fox Sports Ken Rosenthal say the Brewers are going to pay some of Greinke's salary for some better prospects...

I say the Reds trade Homer Bailey w/ prospects to the Brewers for Greinke. Homer is going to get a substantial raise next year and in my mind isn't going to be worth the 7-8 million he is going to get & the Brewers need at least 1 major league pitcher back for Greinke...

Greinke has a 1.89 ERA in interleague play this year and would put the Reds over the top and give them an impressive 1-2-3, especially going into a short series...

The Rage
06-28-2012, 04:20 AM
Reports out of Fox Sports Ken Rosenthal say the Brewers are going to pay some of Greinke's salary for some better prospects...

I say the Reds trade Homer Bailey w/ prospects to the Brewers for Greinke. Homer is going to get a substantial raise next year and in my mind isn't going to be worth the 7-8 million he is going to get & the Brewers need at least 1 major league pitcher back for Greinke...

Greinke has a 1.89 ERA in interleague play this year and would put the Reds over the top and give them an impressive 1-2-3, especially going into a short series...

Not a chance. The Brewers would want nothing to do with Bailey. You still don't get it. Bailey's stuff is gone. He has no value.

They would want Leake+all the best prospects they have left being in the division. Never happening.

HataRade
06-28-2012, 05:15 AM
Why would they want Bailey? Guy has no trade value. Most likely they would start with Leake and go to Cingrani.

He was a former first round pick, and is still young. A change of scenary and a change of pitching coaches could make a huge difference. I've seen it quite a few times where a pitcher that was struggling with one team, gets traded and becomes incredibly successful with the new organization.

So I see it.

joshua
06-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Yeah but they usually don't give up a rental of their ace to a division rival in return for mediocrity...they give up prospects or bench players.