PDA

View Full Version : Larkin future Reds manager?

Mainspark
06-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Presented (almost) without comment, given the source(s):
Sports talk host on WLW tonight said he saw our old friend Jim Bowden on the MLB network today.
Jimbo made a prediction: Barry Larkin will be the next manager of the Reds.
He didn't say it would happen soon - Bowden suggested he would be happy to see Dusty sign an extension - but said once Barry's kids are grown, he thinks it will come about.
Bowden's obviously a friend of Larkin's. Is he just making this up out of thin air?

_Sir_Charles_
06-29-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm not a fan of guys with no coaching experience becoming mlb manager, that's for sure. If he pays his dues a bit and shows some success at it...sure. But I'm not for it just because he's a popular ex-player.

camisadelgolf
06-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Supposedly the Reds almost weren't able to draft Joey Votto because Jim Bowden and his cronies couldn't keep their mouths shut about him.

RedsManRick
06-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Barry was my idol, but I get the sense that he'd be about as good a tactician the last Reds HOF middle infielder. He's a smart guy, but everything I've heard him says as an analyst is straight out of the old school play book.

George Anderson
06-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Bowden's obviously a friend of Larkin's. Is he just making this up out of thin air?

No, absolutely not. Jim Bowden is the epitomy of integrity and character, he would never mislead or be disingenuous in any way.

Sincerely,

Jeff Shaw.

cincrazy
06-30-2012, 08:43 AM
No, absolutely not. Jim Bowden is the epitomy of integrity and character, he would never mislead or be disingenuous in any way.

Sincerely,

Jeff Shaw.

Jim Bowden actually said on Colin Cowherd's show this week, and this is a direct quote, "I don't like lying and cheating."

That made me laugh. For soooooooooo many reasons.

Raisor
06-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Jim Bowden actually said on Colin Cowherd's show this week, and this is a direct quote, "I don't like lying and cheating."

That made me laugh. For soooooooooo many reasons.

Cowherd and Bowden on at the same time?

Why didn't the radio explode?

dfs
06-30-2012, 09:38 AM
If it came from Bowden you pretty much know it isn't true.

Raisor
06-30-2012, 09:50 AM
I was at the game last monday and was sitting behind a guy that looked exactly like Jim Bowden. I punched him in the face just on the off chance it was him.

Vottomatic
07-03-2012, 01:49 PM
I was at the game last monday and was sitting behind a guy that looked exactly like Jim Bowden. I punched him in the face just on the off chance it was him.

I was the guy pulling off his leather pants to take to Goodwill.

dougdirt
07-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Barry was my idol, but I get the sense that he'd be about as good a tactician the last Reds HOF middle infielder. He's a smart guy, but everything I've heard him says as an analyst is straight out of the old school play book.

This.

I want no part of Larkin as a manager.

dougdirt
07-04-2012, 12:47 AM

I was once in an elevator with Bowden at a Reds game (he was the GM of the Nats at the time). I should have beaten him with my crutches. I regret that decision.

RedlegJake
07-04-2012, 01:50 AM
Larkin as Assistant to the GM or some such. Not as manager thank you.