PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee possibly being traded to the Dodgers...

_Sir_Charles_
06-30-2012, 03:36 PM
He's got a full no trade clause, but the Dodgers made an offer and the Astros GM took it to Lee. I'd be surprised if he turned it down.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120630&content_id=34211050&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Upon arrival at Wrigley Field for a game against the Cubs, Lee said he was briefed earlier in the day by general manager Jeff Luhnow about the situation. Lee has a limited no-trade clause and said he would have to approve a trade to the Dodgers.
"I met with Jeff this morning and he told me what's going on and let's see what happens," Lee said.
Lee confirmed the Dodgers have made an offer for the 36-year slugger who's hitting .290 with five homers and 29 RBIs this year.

Considering the Dodgers' needs, Lee is a pretty good target. He's been abysmal the past few years, but swinging the bat much better this season. Of course his defense is the same. :O)

Tom Servo
06-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Dodgers were really, really dumb to have kept Loney as their starting 1B this long.

blumj
06-30-2012, 04:06 PM
MLBN saying he won't waive the no trade clause.

Revering4Blue
07-01-2012, 09:46 PM
The Dodgers have pulled out of a proposed trade for Carlos Lee.

This announcement is basically a semantics game, as Lee wasn't going to accept a trade to Los Angeles anyway. Perhaps the veteran will change his mind and accept a trade later this month, but right now Lee prefers to stay close to his ranch in Texas rather than join a contender. The proposed swap had the Dodgers swallowing all of Lee's remaining salary this season and shipping minor league right-hander Garrett Gould to Houston.

Source: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter

Revering4Blue
08-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Jayson Stark of ESPN reported that Marlins had deal in place to send Carlos Lee to Yankees. But Lee would not waive his no-trade rights as a soon-to-be free agent.

Are you kidding me?

REDREAD
08-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Lee is pretty much killing off potential suitors when his contract expires.
I wonder if he plans on retirement soon.