PDA

View Full Version : Reds @ Giants....Game 4

Pages : 1 2 [3]

BluegrassRedleg
07-01-2012, 07:51 PM
If you told me going in they'd get the split with 2 out of 4, I would have taken it in a heartbeat. Really tough to swallow that last one, though.

Freakin' Pagan has beaten us twice this year on ridiculous swings that shouldn't have won the game. :(

Falcon7
07-01-2012, 07:52 PM
It matters to Jose Arrendondo, who did his job by coaxing a fairly routine fly ball.

No it was a VERY routine fly ball. But he gets no error, because it was so bad. IT'S AN ERROR OFFICIAL SCORER!

texasdave
07-01-2012, 07:53 PM
No it was a VERY routine fly ball. But he gets no error, because it was so bad. IT'S AN ERROR OFFICIAL SCORER!

That seems wrong somehow. That you can misplay a ball so badly that you DON'T get an error. Of course, giving Pagan a game-winning hit trumps that in San Francisco every time.

Ironman92
07-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Many give-a-ways.....gotta limit them throughout the season.

Bruce was 20 feet from the wall. SMH

Atrocious awareness.

Mutaman
07-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Stuff happens so might as well forget about the Bruce miscue. And we once again got good pitching (except from Ondrusek) and as long as we get the pitching we will be ok.
But to play a game with 1 left handed hitter on your team is just inexcusable. What is the problem Walt? I know there are left handed hitters out there because I see 7 or 8 of them on every other major league team. If you hit some ordinary lefty instead of Valdez he hits an ordinary flyball, we take the lead, we bring in Chapman and we win.

So come on Walt, get off the stick and fix the problem.

Not to excuse the miserable performance by Hannigan and Valdez in any way.

Falcon7
07-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Lol...yeah...coulda bounced it off his face.that would be worse right

At least he would have made contact with the ball, unlike Bruce.

Mutaman
07-01-2012, 08:08 PM
In the meantime, Bruce's absolutely brilliant at bat in the top of the 9th goes by the wayside.

brm7675
07-01-2012, 08:08 PM
A loss is a loss...

brm7675
07-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Stuff happens so might as well forget about the Bruce miscue. And we once again got good pitching (except from Ondrusek) and as long as we get the pitching we will be ok.
But to play a game with 1 left handed hitter on your team is just inexcusable. What is the problem Walt? I know there are left handed hitters out there because I see 7 or 8 of them on every other major league team. If you hit some ordinary lefty instead of Valdez he hits an ordinary flyball, we take the lead, we bring in Chapman and we win.

So come on Walt, get off the stick and fix the problem.

Not to excuse the miserable performance by Hannigan and Valdez in any way.

Exactly how do u want Walt to fix it?

chuck6660
07-01-2012, 08:13 PM
This game only confirms my belief that this is a .500 ballclub. Except for a 6 game winning streak, thats what they have been all season. As much as I bleed Red, I try to not get worked up over this team...it's bad for one's health. If your happy with a split, then your happy with the a .500 ballcub. The ninth inning today was a snapshot of last season...missed opportunities :(

Maker_84
07-01-2012, 08:15 PM
This game only confirms my belief that this is a .500 ballclub. Except for a 6 game winning streak, thats what they have been all season. As much as I bleed Red, I try to not get worked up over this team...it's bad for one's health. If your happy with a split, then your happy with the a .500 ballcub. The ninth inning today was a snapshot of last season...missed opportunities :(

They'll finish better than that, but they definitely don't seem to have the IT factor this season

brm7675
07-01-2012, 08:16 PM

We took 5 out of 8 from SF this season, given the quality pitching they have I call that good.

brm7675
07-01-2012, 08:17 PM
They'll finish better than that, but they definitely don't seem to have the IT factor this season

Did St.Louis have "it" last year? Or did they get lucky?

Todd Gack
07-01-2012, 08:18 PM
In the meantime, Bruce's absolutely brilliant at bat in the top of the 9th goes by the wayside.

Jay Bruce is only 30! He'll get better at some point! #futureJayBrucequotes

Mutaman
07-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Exactly how do u want Walt to fix it?

Go out and get some ordinary left handed hitter which he should have done last January. Get him off waivers, trade for him or buy him I don't care. Why is this so difficult?
I'm not talking Ted Williams or George Brett here.

brm7675
07-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Go out and get some ordinary left handed hitter which he should have done last January. Get him off waivers, trade for him or buy him I don't care. Why is this so difficult?
I'm not talking Ted Williams or George Brett here.

You assume they are out there...

RedsFanInBama
07-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Did his job...runners were on base right?

Yeah, a Texas-leaguer and an intentional walk. Some bad luck had a runner on base to start with. At the end of the day, he made the pitches necessary to keep the Reds alive. In other words, he did his job.

dubc47834
07-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah, a Texas-leaguer and an intentional walk. Some bad luck had a runner on base to start with. At the end of the day, he made the pitches necessary to keep the Reds alive. In other words, he did his job.

I'm not saying this loss is on Arredondo, I just think he is partly to blame. Yes If Bruce catches that ball, which he shoulda easily, the game is over. But if those guys arent on, they don't score.

Red Raindog
07-02-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm not saying this loss is on Arredondo, I just think he is partly to blame. Yes If Bruce catches that ball, which he shoulda easily, the game is over. But if those guys arent on, they don't score.

It was an off the end of the bat dinker ---- should he have hit the sweet part of the guy's bat?

Myself -- I have to tip my hat to the batter for even getting wood on it -- where it landed was just bad luck -- then Bruce has his brain cramp.

YMMV

RedsFanInBama
07-02-2012, 01:09 PM

That's true. Unfortunately Arredondo isn't Steve Nebraska and occasionally has to rely on his defense to make routine plays. You've convinced me. Yesterday's loss can be blamed on Arredondo for not being as good as Steve Nebraska.

RedsFanInBama
07-02-2012, 01:11 PM

Except for dropping 5 out of 6, this ballclub is 12 games over .500. It's all about how you look at it. Every team has peaks and valleys in a 162 game season.

texasdave
07-02-2012, 03:28 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/306647_10151892730905249_1343207481_n.jpghttp://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151892730905249&set=p.10151892730905249&type=1&ref=nf

texasdave
07-02-2012, 04:37 PM
When I was a little kid Pete Rose was the King of Cincinnati. There was a family two houses down whose last name was Rose. Every time a strange car parked in their driveway, I used to wait to see if Pete Rose was there. Yeah, I was a dumb little kid who didn't know the last name Rose is not that uncommon. I wasted a lot of hours waiting for Charlie Hustle to come out.

Ironman92
07-02-2012, 04:54 PM
When I was a little kid Pete Rose was the King of Cincinnati. There was a family two houses down whose last name was Rose. Every time a strange car parked in their driveway, I used to wait to see if Pete Rose was there. Yeah, I was a dumb little kid who didn't know the last name Rose is not that uncommon. I wasted a lot of hours waiting for Charlie Hustle to come out.

I bet he never showed.

texasdave
07-02-2012, 09:57 PM
I bet he never showed.

The sad part is that I read somewhere later that he would frequent some poker/betting place up on Cheviot. I coulda walked to that place. Saved me a lot of time. :)