PDA

View Full Version : Reds vs. Dodgers Tuesday 7/3

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Stray
07-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Johnny didn't look the same after that awkward dive back into 1st. Could be a total coincidence tho.

Ironman92
07-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Johnny didn't look the same after that awkward dive back into 1st. Could be a total coincidence tho.

Good point

texasdave
07-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Did anyone catch how they scored that third Dodgers' run? They called that a stolen base. Yep. They said he stole home. Drugs are plentiful in the Los Angeles press box apparently.

Ironman92
07-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Did anyone catch how they scored that third Dodgers' run? They called that a stolen base. Yep. They said he stole home. Drugs are plentiful in the Los Angeles press box apparently.

Well, the guy who had to throw him out threw the ball high.

I agree it's dumb.

Tadasimha
07-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Johnny pitched ok, but it was a below average performance FOR HIM. That Dodgers' lineup isn't full of world beaters at the moment. Obviously the loss isn't on him, but it wasn't a stellar outing.

His first outing on this road trip wasn't up to his usual standards either. It's not that he pitched particularly badly, it's that he hasn't been as dominant in these last two starts as he has been iin previous ones.

Perhaps he's getting a little tired and needs a break. If it was me I'd consider skipping his start in San Diego (letting LeCure have the start) and give him a good long rest through the break and let him come out fresh and ready to shut down the Cards at home.

texasdave
07-04-2012, 06:38 PM
His first outing on this road trip wasn't up to his usual standards either. It's not that he pitched particularly badly, it's that he hasn't been as dominant in these last two starts as he has been iin previous ones.

Perhaps he's getting a little tired and needs a break. If it was me I'd consider skipping his start in San Diego (letting LeCure have the start) and give him a good long rest through the break and let him come out fresh and ready to shut down the Cards at home.

Cueto has given up 6 runs in 13 innings. But if you look at it. One scored when the ball bounced away from Hanigan on a throw home. One scored when Frazier clearly misplayed the ball in left. And one scored when they had the runner dead-to-rights at home on a squeeze.