PDA

View Full Version : Specific animosity for this Cardinals series?

powersackers
07-13-2012, 04:24 PM
MLB radio was discussing this weekend series Reds v Cards. Jim Bowden said he expects angst from the Reds and our fans due to the All Star snubs. He even mentioned he expected Cueto to run some in on guys. Blaming the Cards specifically.

Anyone buying this?

OldXOhio
07-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Jim Bowden said

You lost me here.

No, I'm not buying it.

westofyou
07-13-2012, 04:33 PM
MLB Radio is striving for one thing, create interest, sell the game anyway you can, generate ad revenue.

Reds Fanatic
07-13-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't expect Cueto to pitch any different than he does to any other team. He pitches inside to all teams.

If the Cardinals take the normal offense they take to almost anything that is their problem.

The Operator
07-13-2012, 05:20 PM
If the Cardinals take the normal offense they take to almost anything that is their problem.Indeed.

redsmetz
07-13-2012, 05:20 PM
My wife would say of Jim Bowden, he talks just to hear his head rattle (generally she reserves that for me...)

bucksfan2
07-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Jim Bowden is the most arrogant blowhard on radio. I don't know if there is a national sports radio guy who even gives him a run for his money in that regard.

RedlegJake
07-13-2012, 05:43 PM
I would think the Reds and the Cards both are just thinking of trying to win any way they can without adding any stupid fuel to the fire

kbrake
07-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Jim Bowden is the most arrogant blowhard on radio. I don't know if there is a national sports radio guy who even gives him a run for his money in that regard.

Cowherd tries hard. You're right though Bowden is awful. I can't even keep the channel on when he is speaking.

MikeThierry
07-13-2012, 05:51 PM
I don't see why considering that nobody on the current Cardinals coaching staff decided any AS selections. This is grasping at straws on Bowden's part.

George Anderson
07-13-2012, 06:13 PM
James Goodwin Bowden IV is a blithering idiot.

vaticanplum
07-13-2012, 06:58 PM
My wife would say of Jim Bowden, he talks just to hear his head rattle (generally she reserves that for me...)

Totally going to try to employ this expression at least once a day for the rest of my life.

VR
07-13-2012, 07:53 PM
The Cards are much, much harder to hate these days without Tony LaGenius and his posse.....Edmonds, Carpenter, Pujols, Franklin, et al.

Molina is the only bird worth spewing vitriol over, at this point.

Tom Servo
07-13-2012, 08:04 PM
The Cards are much, much harder to hate these days without Tony LaGenius and his posse.....Edmonds, Carpenter, Pujols, Franklin, et al.

Molina is the only bird worth spewing vitriol over, at this point.
Technically Carpenter is still around but yeah, he and Molina are the only truly hatable ones.

LincolnparkRed
07-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Cowherd tries hard. You're right though Bowden is awful. I can't even keep the channel on when he is speaking.

Cowherd always leads that race for me. Stealing bits from college football blogs and not giving credit to them. Then saying they are lucky he helped people find them when called out on it, is pretty poor

MikeThierry
07-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Cowherd always leads that race for me. Stealing bits from college football blogs and not giving credit to them. Then saying they are lucky he helped people find them when called out on it, is pretty poor

Still, not as bad as Skip Bayless and his scary, scary man crush on Tim Tebow. I think the other day he actually said in one game, he would take Tim Tebow over Aaron Rogers.

Captain Hook
07-14-2012, 12:11 AM

Cowherd is the only sports talk radio I have ever refused to listen to.The sooner he's off the air the better.

kbrake
07-14-2012, 12:14 AM
I use to listen to lots of sports radio to get through the day at my previous job. I listened to Cowherd for a very long time before I found Dan Patrick. The difference is just unbelievable. I wish I could still listen to lots of Dan's show.

The Operator
07-14-2012, 12:18 AM
At this point I think the rivalry is more heated amongst the fans than the players.

Did I see Molina and Phillips exchange butt taps tonight?

Matt700wlw
07-14-2012, 12:22 AM
The biggest statement the Reds can make is to win the series.

That's what it's all about.

They're now one win away from doing that.

The fight may have added fuel to the fire, but when the Reds stunk for all those years, this rivalry was nothing.

WVPacman
07-14-2012, 12:23 AM
I like watching dan patrick but I it gets tiresome listening to him brag about him self threw the whole show.He is one of those guys that have a huge ego and can't go 30 minutes without pading him self on the bat.

Scrap Irony
07-14-2012, 12:25 AM
All sportstalk is like that, though.

That's the motif of the genre.

Hard to listen to for more than half an hour.

kbrake
07-14-2012, 12:25 AM
I like watching dan patrick but I it gets tiresome listening to him brag about him self threw the whole show.He is one of those guys that have a huge ego and can't go 30 minutes without pading him self on the bat.

Part of it I think is a good sarcastic humor. The rest of it I think comes out through his absolute hatred of everything ESPN. And I don't blame him for that. I just don't take him serious very often, I think he is hilarious most of the time. Cowherd makes me want to kill myself just to make him stop.

WVPacman
07-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Part of it I think is a good sarcastic humor. The rest of it I think comes out through his absolute hatred of everything ESPN. And I don't blame him for that. I just don't take him serious very often, I think he is hilarious most of the time. Cowherd makes me want to kill myself just to make him stop.

Yeah I like Dan alot and he is very funny to watch.I don't blame him at all for talking about espn all the time.He just comes of to me as the kind of a person that loves to talk about somebody but when that somebody talks back.He gets mad and takes his ball home.I still keep watching him thow b/c he and the danettes have a good thing going.Its a great show!!

VR
07-14-2012, 01:02 AM
All sportstalk is like that, though.

That's the motif of the genre.

Hard to listen to for more than half an hour.

I just got XM on my new car....so I can now listen to Dan Patrick on my commute.

Compared to Cowherd....it's like Chopin vs. William Hung.

MikeThierry
07-14-2012, 02:54 AM
At this point I think the rivalry is more heated amongst the fans than the players.

Did I see Molina and Phillips exchange butt taps tonight?

I think Molina and Phillips sort of got over it. I noticed either this year or last year where they were sort of talking a bit. It is more fan driven right now.

Chip R
07-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Molina slid into Phillips pretty hard in the 8th last night. Not to say it was dirty and since it was a close play Molina slid in pretty late but it was a hard slide. If the situation were reversed I would have no problems with a Reds player sliding in hard to a base.

1990REDS
07-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Ive always felt like the "rivalry" was more of a Dusty vs. TLR thing than anything else, and Phillips and Molina were just more a product of the atmosphere that the managers had created through their own issues. Now that one of them are no longer there its become more of just a fan rivalry than an organizational rivalry.

PuffyPig
07-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Molina slid into Phillips pretty hard in the 8th last night. Not to say it was dirty and since it was a close play Molina slid in pretty late but it was a hard slide. If the situation were reversed I would have no problems with a Reds player sliding in hard to a base.

I have no problem with Molina's slide. It gave the Cards a chance to be one base hit from taking the lead.

Reds/Flyers Fan
07-14-2012, 12:49 PM

You used "arrogant blowhard on radio" in a sentence that didn't contain the name Colin Cowherd? Inconceivable.

Cowherd doesn't see a reason for teams to exist that don't play in New York, Boston, Chicago, Miami or Los Angeles. In 2010, when there was discussion of whether Joey Votto should make the All-star team, Cowherd dismissed him with something to the effect of: "Joey Votto? Seriously? ... Joey freaking Votto?"

Far East
07-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Anticipating that slide probably caused Phillips to double clutch before throwing to 1st base. He knows who's barreling down on him, and the last player Brandon wants hurting him/embarrassing him with a roll block is Molina.

_Sir_Charles_
07-14-2012, 01:16 PM
I have no problem with Molina's slide. It gave the Cards a chance to be one base hit from taking the lead.

Exactly. That's just good hard-nosed baseball.