PDA

View Full Version : if johnny cant...does sam go?

brm7675
07-15-2012, 11:22 PM
There is talk that Cueto still might not be able to go Tuesday..so whom goes

Stray
07-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Where did you hear this talk? I thought I read earlier today that Cueto said it's much better and he expects to pitch Tuesday.

RedsFanInBama
07-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Probably Lecure but Simon is a possibility. IMO it would require using both of those guys to be able to piece together about 6 innings.

The Rage
07-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Don't forget, the Reds got to save the bullpen as Bailey vs. Brewers is bound to be bad(0-5 with a 6.75era, bleh).

Cueto will go Tuesday unless he "rehurts" his blister.

RedsFanInBama
07-15-2012, 11:36 PM
I've gotta think Cueto will be ready Tuesday. If they caught this blister on Friday or early Saturday, that's enough time to get it treated so that it's not a problem.

brm7675
07-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Just read a piece on line and Dusty did not come off sounding real positive that Cueto will go Tuesday. It sounded like they will be over careful and would rather have him miss a start then risk further injury due to the blister. I would rather error with a skipped start then causing other issues to our ACE.

Ohioballplayer
07-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Just read a piece on line and Dusty did not come off sounding real positive that Cueto will go Tuesday. It sounded like they will be over careful and would rather have him miss a start then risk further injury due to the blister. I would rather error with a skipped start then causing other issues to our ACE.

What other issues come from a blister if he pitches? 2 blisters?
Man up pop the blister and pitch you pansie, I grew up in the wrong era, I want tougher players.

Captain13
07-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Man up pop the blister and pitch you pansie, I grew up in the wrong era, I want tougher players.

As much as I want to agree with you, pitching is so much about feel and I don't think he could be as accurate with pain/discomfort on every pitch (or with a numbed up finger where he couldn't feel the ball at all).

brm7675
07-16-2012, 01:25 PM

Dusty stated that they are concerned that with the blister it will effect his delivery and try to overcompensate and cause issues with maybe his arm or legs. Again for a pitcher a blister is HUGE.

brm7675
07-16-2012, 01:27 PM

Have you EVER in your life tried to grip and throw a baseball some 90+ times with a blister on your index finger of your throwing hand? I mean do you really think he can be effective when he wouldn't even be able to fully grasp the ball?

Trajinous
07-16-2012, 01:42 PM

That's silly thinking. The blister will hamper Cueto's ability to perform. Therefore, it will affect his performance and may cost the Reds a game. I'd rather give him a few days of rest and have him be 100% for another game.

R_Webb18
07-16-2012, 01:46 PM
my guess would be Sam or Simon would start and once they get in trouble the other would go in. hope to get 7 innings between them both if possible.

brm7675
07-16-2012, 05:31 PM
my guess would be Sam or Simon would start and once they get in trouble the other would go in. hope to get 7 innings between them both if possible.

Hopefully we get good Bronson tonight..say 7 innings, then go with Logan in the 8th and Marshall in the 9th. Then I would have Lecure start tomorrow night with the plan for him to go 4-5, then bring in Simon for say 2 and that gets you to the 7th and then go with the rest of bullpen. It would also mean we need Latos to do better then his previous 5 inning outing. Again I would rather see Cueto miss the start and be 100% and say have Cueto pitch the Sunday game vs. Brewers at home before we hit the road.