PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts

BCubb2003
07-17-2012, 03:09 PM
If the Reds play well without Joey Votto, will it hurt his MVP chances?

Can Jay Bruce start one of his Player of the Month months now and call it a fiscal month?

The next time you see the intentional-walk-wild-pitch-out-at-the-plate play you can say, "Seen that before."

At least we no longer have to worry about breaking up the lefties.

Isn't meniscus what grows on the walls at Wrigley?

The Reds could have tried to make Joey Votto get an MRI, but Ondrusek, Chapman and Mezoraco might have ended up with torn meniscuses or worse.

A couple of generations ago, Stephen Strasburg would be out of the game already.

I won't worry much until they start calling it Joey Votto Surgery.

Billy Hamilton is so fast that when he gets back to home the rest of us have aged more than he has.

Marty Brennaman's OK, but he's no Al Michaels.

cumberlandreds
07-17-2012, 03:18 PM

No, I would call that weeds.

A couple of generations ago, Stephen Strasburg would be out of the game already.

So true. I would say pitchers like Gary Nolan and Wayne Simpson would love to trade generations.

:laugh:

He only wishes he were as good as Michaels.

Bob Borkowski
07-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Billy Hamilton is so fast that when he gets back to home the rest of us have aged more than he has.

Excellent! :)

Do you have a staff of writers, Cubb?

Kc61
07-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I especially like 3,4,8 and 9.

Excellent. Thanks.

Breaking up the lefties is my favorite, btw.

RedlegJake
07-17-2012, 09:12 PM
The Hamilton line is a classic! This set is one of the best you've ever written! All of them are good

BCubb2003
07-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Excellent! :)

Do you have a staff of writers, Cubb?

Nope. Just me.

WVRedsFan
07-18-2012, 12:27 AM
If the Reds play well without Joey Votto, will it hurt his MVP chances?

Can Jay Bruce start one of his Player of the Month months now and call it a fiscal month?

The next time you see the intentional-walk-wild-pitch-out-at-the-plate play you can say, "Seen that before."

At least we no longer have to worry about breaking up the lefties.

The Reds could have tried to make Joey Votto get an MRI, but Ondrusek, Chapman and Mezoraco might have ended up with torn meniscuses or worse.

Brilliant!