PDA

View Full Version : IPad suggestions

powersackers
07-20-2012, 06:30 PM
I got my first iPad yesterday. Any baseball related apps or such I should look for?

pedro
07-20-2012, 08:02 PM
If you can afford it having MLB At Bat with and MLB.TV subscription is fabulous on the iPad. Great to be able to watch baseball wherever you are. I take mine out to the front porch, to my GF's, on the road with me etc etc

dougdirt
07-20-2012, 08:07 PM
If you can afford it having MLB At Bat with and MLB.TV subscription is fabulous on the iPad. Great to be able to watch baseball wherever you are. I take mine out to the front porch, to my GF's, on the road with me etc etc

At the very least can't you at least use the gameday/box score function without paying for it?

pedro
07-20-2012, 08:44 PM
At the very least can't you at least use the gameday/box score function without paying for it?

I'm not sure.

jojo
07-20-2012, 08:58 PM

Second this. Really it's all you need IMHO.

07-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Fangraphs has a nice app. But just going to their site via Safari is better on the iPad. Still the app is more convenient for basic stuff.

powersackers
07-21-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm not sure.

Thanks so far guys. At bat app allows for everything except video content. Even highlights after the game are unavailable. Only the ones they put on the front news page can be viewed. Still much nicer than on a smartphone due to the display of the iPad.

OldRightHander
07-24-2012, 11:55 PM
I use the MLB app all the time.

I have a lot of other great apps for work like iAnnotate PDF and PDF splicer. The Netflix app is decent as well.