PDA

View Full Version : Bruce will likely sit tomorrow

Tom Servo
07-22-2012, 08:44 PM
No insider information here, just looking at the numbers and history (I believe Dusty benched him against Wandy last time).

Wandy Rodriguez will take the mound tomorrow for Houston. Bruce for his career is 2 (both singles) for 29 against Rodriguez with no walks and 15 strikeouts.

Heisey and Stubbs have both homered off of Rodriguez, and both have more hits than Bruce against Rodriguez. Ludwick mashes him, and Heisey has too in a small sample size.

Perhaps it could do Jay some good to clear his head and sit next to Dusty on the bench.

DGullett35
07-22-2012, 09:02 PM
The last time we played against Wandy I remember it being a crazy game. We got ahead big early and Houston came back with us eventually winning. I think Latos pitched for us. Would be nice to continue the winning streak and to jump onto Wandy early. I can see Bruce sitting tomm. An all RH lineup probably is best vs. a LH pitcher. I still wouldn't mind Dusty starting Xavier Paul and letting him bat leadoff sometime soon.

Ghosts of 1990
07-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Dusty always sits him against Wandy. You're right he'll sit.

He cleared his head just a few days ago though next to Dusty on the bench. I wish he would get hot and put this stuff to rest.