PDA

View Full Version : Marty had me lol

Jr's Boy
07-24-2012, 10:06 PM
During the game he spoke of Dusty saying Jay Bruce was his clean up guy,''when it's a forgone conclusion that Jay Bruce does not hit with runners in scoring position''.:laugh:

Ironman92
07-24-2012, 10:21 PM
During the game he spoke of Dusty saying Jay Bruce was his clean up guy,''when it's a forgone conclusion that Jay Bruce does not hit with runners in scoring position''.:laugh:

But he makes up for it with his top of the order guys not getting on base.

Votto4MVP
07-24-2012, 11:23 PM
It makes me lol when I realize that we have one of the top 4 records in the majors and dusty still gets **** on.

2539redsfan
07-24-2012, 11:33 PM
It makes me lol when I realize that we have one of the top 4 records in the majors and dusty still gets **** on.

I don't know. Maybe because his lineups are atrocious and they win despite of his idiocy.

They are winning because of one thing. PITCHING!!!! Not because of the managers inability to hit Bruce and Votto back to back or hit guys who produce at the top of the lineup.

Votto4MVP
07-24-2012, 11:42 PM
I don't know. Maybe because his lineups are atrocious and they win despite of his idiocy.

They are winning because of one thing. PITCHING!!!! Not because of the managers inability to hit Bruce and Votto back to back or hit guys who produce at the top of the lineup.

On paper, would you really expect this team to win 95-96 games? Without a true cleanup hitter, without a true leadoff hitter, etc.

Yet they are on pace to do exactly that. Doesnt dusty deserve credit for that?

There is more to baseball then a frickin lineup card. Much more important things.

Todd Gack
07-25-2012, 12:20 AM

Davey Johnson's lineups have been lights out this year.

Jr's Boy
07-25-2012, 12:48 AM
I wasn't trying to rag on big Dust.Was laughing at how Marty said it.

bigredmechanism
07-25-2012, 01:05 AM

That seems to be a popular opinion lately. "Despite Dusty," that is.

I think Baker has done a great job with the team, and I hope they re-sign him. He handles the clubhouse as good as it gets from what I read in a recent article about him, and I really like the guy as a person. Very down to earth, and has seen so much baseball it's just incredible.

Results are what counts. Why didn't old reds teams win despite their manager?

We are 1.5 games out of the best record in baseball. Our guys believe in their manager. We are winning games without the best player in MLB. Won 13 of the last 15, iirc. We're a good team.

Enjoy it a little, because we haven't got to see this very often.

Kingspoint
07-25-2012, 02:23 AM
But he makes up for it with his top of the order guys not getting on base.
Now, that was funny.

(All jokes have a bit of truth in them, or they wouldn't be funny.....the more truth in them, the funnier they are.)

xsteve1
07-25-2012, 02:28 AM
I love Dusty!! He's MOY if votes come in tomorrow.

Kingspoint
07-25-2012, 02:44 AM
Pirates' Manager is more deserving if you asked writers around the nation, or even the Nationals'.

As Cito Gaston said many times, a Manager just needs to not get in the way. Sparky said that a Manager can only lose games, he can't win them.

2539redsfan
07-25-2012, 11:46 AM
On paper, would you really expect this team to win 95-96 games? Without a true cleanup hitter, without a true leadoff hitter, etc.

Yet they are on pace to do exactly that. Doesnt dusty deserve credit for that?

There is more to baseball then a frickin lineup card. Much more important things.

Not on paper. But knowing the way they have pitched the last 2 months, yes, I would expect this team to win 95 games. Pitching is everything. Even a bad lineup can win games scoring 3 runs a game, even 2 sometimes.

I agree, a manager does not need to get in the way, but even with Dusty's pathetic lineups, this team still wins. That is a credit to the pitching.

Bob Sheed
07-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Why didn't old reds teams win despite their manager?

Old Reds Ownership. :p

bigredmechanism
07-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Old Reds Ownership. :p

:D

Ironman92
07-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Why didn't other Reds teams win despite their managers?

We've covered how important/key the pitching has been right? The Reds haven't had 3 starters go 185 innings in a season since 1992....right now we are on pace to have 5.