PDA

View Full Version : Cueto Against the Pirates

arkimadee
07-26-2012, 01:26 AM
I was just looking at the pitching probables for this weekend and they have Cueto going Saturday and Latos on Sunday. With the off day on Thursday maybe they should think about flipping them. That way you could get Cueto pitching Friday night against Pitt instead of Thursday afternoon against SD. These games against the Pirates are going to be like 2 games and very important in the standings. I'd be shocked if Cueto does not start a game against Pittsburgh seeing how dominant he has more often than not been against them.

The Rage
07-26-2012, 01:40 AM
So lets see:
Arroyo,Cueto,Latos vs. Rockies
Leake,Bailey,Arroyo,Cueto vs. Padres
Latos,Leake,Bailey vs. Pirates.....

Yeah, I could see it happen, but that may hurt Mat's feelings. He has struggled since the all-star break, but it is only 3 starts. Sounds like Bailey gonna have to go against the Pirates no matter what. So it would be Cueto,Leake and Bailey vs. the Pirates.

arkimadee
07-26-2012, 01:43 AM
So lets see:
Arroyo,Cueto,Latos vs. Rockies
Leake,Bailey,Arroyo,Cueto vs. Padres
Latos,Leake,Bailey vs. Pirates.....

Yeah, I could see it happen, but that may hurt Mat's feelings. He has struggled since the all-star break, but it is only 3 starts. Sounds like Bailey gonna have to go against the Pirates no matter what. So it would be Cueto,Leake and Bailey vs. the Pirates.

Makes all the sense in the world because Bailey has also pitched well against the Buccos

The Rage
07-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Makes all the sense in the world because Bailey has also pitched well against the Buccos

Generally, though he did have that stinker early in June against them after throwing a complete game a week earlier.

I just don't see the Reds messing with things right now. I would hate to see Mat's reaction after being told he was being pushed up a day because they didn't have confidence in him for the Pirates series.

swaisuc
07-26-2012, 07:53 AM
It's a pretty interesting idea at least. I think the one thing that hurts it is the Latos "injury". He may be fine starting Sunday, but if he's even a little banged up it would be odd to move him up from his scheduled start.

brm7675
07-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Why risk it, leave them on their normal rotation...

IamRV
07-26-2012, 01:41 PM
How is Latos recovering from his tweaked ankle?

Pony Boy
07-26-2012, 02:10 PM
^ good point about the ankle. You could flip Latos and Cueto and say that it is to give Latos an extra day of rest for the ankle. No ones feelings are hurt.

R_Webb18
07-26-2012, 02:16 PM
i don't think the reds will do this.

The Rage
07-26-2012, 03:16 PM
The ankle excuse wouldn't work. You would be moving Latos up, not back.