PDA

View Full Version : Comedy club help

Spitball
07-27-2012, 12:40 PM
My wife and I received a gift certificate to a comedy club in a city about 40 miles away. We have been to it once before and saw Chris Porter who was a finalist on season 4 of Last Comic Standing. He was hilarious.

I fear we were lucky that time and am not sure how to plan next our visit. I have done some You Tube research, but I thought I'd come here to get any recommendations. Does anyone know anything about the comedians listed below?

There is such a wealth of knowledge here, and there are so many willing to be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Comedians appearing in the next two months:

Todd Yohn

Robert Hawkins

Paul Hooper

Kevin Jordan

Tim Statum

Alex Reymundo

Sam Fedele

Ben Creed

Larry Reeb

Dan Chopin

gilpdawg
07-28-2012, 04:45 AM
I've heard/seen Todd Yohn and Larry Reeb. Yohn is mediocre. Reeb is funny.

Larry Schuler
07-28-2012, 05:13 AM
Hmmm. I'm pretty familiar with the up & coming coast comics (LA/NY) and I've never heard of these guys. They could be local or midwest/southern comics and very funny but no names ring a bell.

Spitball
07-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Thanks, guys! This club is in Little Rock, Arkansas, so maybe we are not getting the big names. We might give Larry Reeb a try.

medford
07-29-2012, 03:02 PM
I can honestly say, I've never had a bad time at a comedy club. Even when I had no clue who the comedian was, they usually turn out pretty funny. I'd say just find a day that works well for your 40 mile travel and go with it.

cincyinco
07-29-2012, 09:31 PM
YouTube is your friend in this instance. The only name I recognize is Reymundo, and he has his moments.

Spitball
08-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks! I have been You Tubing but have not come to a conclusion, yet. The clubs website actually has links to videos which has been helpul.