PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals and Pirates updates

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 01:27 PM
The Cardinals get one off Jeff Samardzija in the first without getting a ball out of the infield as he walks the first 3 and they botch a DP ball by Beltran before getting they next two.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 01:31 PM
The Cubs jump the Cardinals for the first for the second day in a row as Soriano gets a one out 2-run triple down the LF line that rattles in the corner but the Cubs being the Cubs can't get the guy in with one down.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 02:19 PM
After the bad first 4 hitters Joe Kelly realized he was a Cardinal again and became unhittable as he has got the next 11 hitters in no time flat. Cubs up 2-1 after 4 with the ticking bomb that is the Cardinals magical offense waiting to explode yet again.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Now 14 in a row for Joe Kelly. Stuff like this make me hate the Cardinals so badly, Kelly was rated 17th by Sickels and now in the majors he's heading for his 9th consecutive game giving up 3 or less runs to start his career. Their 7th string SP is doing what our Ace is doing this year is just silly.

OGB
07-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Now 14 in a row for Joe Kelly. Stuff like this make me hate the Cardinals so badly, Kelly was rated 17th by Sickels and now in the majors he's heading for his 9th consecutive game giving up 3 or less runs to start his career. Their 7th string SP is doing what our Ace is doing this year is just silly.
I could not agree more. They seem to have some kind of Midas touch for starting pitchers and the dregs of the rest of the league in general. It's frustrating.

MrRedLegger
07-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Weakest division in baseball my ass. The only way I see that argument being made is bc of six teams and usually three of them are garbage whereas a four or five team division may only have one or two bottom dwellers. Invalid argument nonetheless. NL central race is the toughest in baseball, the 3rd place Cards would be 2nd and close to 1st in any other division.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 02:44 PM
I could not agree more. They seem to have some kind of Midas touch for starting pitchers and the dregs of the rest of the league in general. It's frustrating.

I've never hated a team more, no matter what happens they always come out smelling like a rose. They won two World Titles one with 83 wins and then last year after a historic Braves choke and Cruz and the BP blowing game 6. They let their best player go and their offense improves, they sign 35+ yo players and they have career years get guys off the scrap heap and become contributes and every rookie comes up and takes off if someone gets hurt.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Samardzija's control cost him the lead as he walks Berkman gives up a broken bat single to Molina then walks Carpenter to set up the SF to tie it 2-2.

Magdal
07-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Both pitchers very stingy. A truly boring game. The mighty Card bats are sleeping.

OGB
07-28-2012, 02:53 PM
They let their best player go and their offense improves/they sign 35+ yo players and they have career years...and every rookie comes up and takes off if someone gets hurt.

Agreed, and those are the two things that sting the most, I think.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Weakest division in baseball my ass. The only way I see that argument being made is bc of six teams and usually three of them are garbage whereas a four or five team division may only have one or two bottom dwellers. Invalid argument nonetheless. NL central race is the toughest in baseball, the 3rd place Cards would be 2nd and close to 1st in any other division.

The top 3 are good because the roll bad teams like its going out of style. Here are the records with NLc wins plus wins vs bottom 2 teams of the 4 other division not counting the strong ALe and the A's of ALw.

Reds 35-20
Pirates 41-22
Cards 41-28

Leaving....
24-20 for Reds vs other
16-20 for Pirates vs other
13-18 for Cards vs other

We have the most legit claim to the division but we have to keep beating bad teams.

Magdal
07-28-2012, 02:59 PM
I could not agree more. They seem to have some kind of Midas touch for starting pitchers and the dregs of the rest of the league in general. It's frustrating.Other teams had a chance to sign those players you are thinking of, and many made offers. Don't hate on the Cards because the players chose St. Louis....sucess breeds sucess. Always has.

Going to the 7th now. Gotta expect some dam hitting as these guys don't do well late.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Kelly actually gives up a runner when Schumaker can pick a ball in the hole that BP eats up but Kelly gets the next two and Samardzija is out for James Russell who Cards eat alive and kicked off the 12 run inning last week. He has a 7.16 ERA in 20 career games vs Cards with a 1.90 WHIP.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Other teams had a chance to sign those players you are thinking of, and many made offers. Don't hate on the Cards because the players chose St. Louis....sucess breeds sucess. Always has.

Going to the 7th now. Gotta expect some dam hitting as these guys don't do well late.

They get guys to take less to go there is what also sucks.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Russell gave up a hit to Skip L/L to start the inning then Jay pops a bunt back to him but and they botch the double off first but he gets Holliday to hit into a DP so maybe, just maybe the day is the day they lose again.

Magdal
07-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Kelly actually gives up a runner when Schumaker can pick a ball in the hole that BP eats up but Kelly gets the next two and Samardzija is out for James Russell who Cards eat alive and kicked off the 12 run inning last week. He has a 7.16 ERA in 20 career games vs Cards with a 1.90 WHIP.Yeah, but Holliday sucked.

Maker_84
07-28-2012, 03:07 PM

It was obviously the toughest in baseball last season too and analysts said all season how it was weak. I didnt have mlb channel last season so idk about them but ESPN programming is becoming unbearable

Magdal
07-28-2012, 03:09 PM
It was obviously the toughest in baseball last season too and analysts said all season how it was weak. I didnt have mlb channel last season so idk about them but ESPN programming is becoming unbearableNot if you live in NY, Boston or Anaheim.

Magdal
07-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Cubs threatning now as Kelly's arm has turned to jelly.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Kelly gives up a walk LaHair and they PR with Campana and he swipes 2nd and goes to 3rd on a hit into LF by Soto. Then Jeff Baker lines to 2nd and they bring the newest scrub that will be lights out for them in Brian Fuentes. I will be livid if the Cubs blow this run scoring opportunity.

Maker_84
07-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Tim Beckman was just in the Cubs booth and seems like a cool guy. Hes gonna get the Illini turned around

MrRedLegger
07-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Not if you live in NY, Boston or Anaheim.

Apart from Chicago (alas a horrible team since every user here was a child) and Houston, our markets can't draw the number of viewers those cities can. If we could, ESPN would get on their knees for us too. I don't mind being an underdog in the ratings, but I also get FSNOhio where I live - the most biased sports network on television - and I love it.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 03:22 PM
YES! Cubs get a 3-2 lead after Johnson lays down a bunt single with 2 outs.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Joe Kelly would be 9-0 if he got the run support that Lynn gets.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Mike Winters costs the Cubs a run by calling Castro out when replay shows he beat the play by a wide margin.

Red Raindog
07-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Mike Winters costs the Cubs a run by calling Castro out when replay shows he beat the play by a wide margin.

I did not see this play but the bad umping has made me begin to think there is a need for a limited challenge system like the NFL -- maybe 2 challenges per game on calls not involving balls & strikes -- never thought I'd think that.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 03:46 PM
In a replay of last year the Cards once bad BP has over night turned the corner and now hasn't allowed a run in 16.2 innings with a group of rookies, younger players and vets nobody else wanted.

Red Raindog
07-28-2012, 03:48 PM
In a replay of last year the Cards once bad BP has over night turned the corner and now hasn't allowed a run in 16.2 innings with a group of rookies, younger players and vets nobody else wanted.

Now the gas thrower Marmol in to close -- can this end well?

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 03:48 PM
I did not see this play but the bad umping has made me begin to think there is a need for a limited challenge system like the NFL -- maybe 2 challenges per game on calls not involving balls & strikes -- never thought I'd think that.

They need to come up with something because that one run they missed could be massive in this game and the race overall as it wasn't even debatable on replay.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Now the gas thrower Marmol in to close -- can this end well?

I have no faith, Marmol helped them to WS last year too and they eat closers up with their magic.

R_Webb18
07-28-2012, 04:00 PM
cubs win

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Marmol got it done while making it scary but it works, The Cards waste another great pitching game now lets hope it goes south and evens out the same time their bats go cold.

Red Raindog
07-28-2012, 04:04 PM
I have no faith, Marmol helped them to WS last year too and they eat closers up with their magic.

He gets it done!

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 04:23 PM
He gets it done!

Good thing Darwin Barney is so fundamental and made a good play backing up the throw going into center on the Greene steal. If he made it to 3rd I think Carlos would have blew it with a WP or something goofy like he did to them last year with two outs to help them into the playoffs.

Now we need to go out and get it done again tonight and keep pressure on them by pushing them another game back while they are on their hot run.

Red Raindog
07-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Good thing Darwin Barney is so fundamental and made a good play backing up the throw going into center on the Greene steal. If he made it to 3rd I think Carlos would have blew it with a WP or something goofy like he did to them last year with two outs to help them into the playoffs.

Now we need to go out and get it done again tonight and keep pressure on them by pushing them another game back while they are on their hot run.

Truer words - never posted --

I would like nothing more than seeing the Whiny Birds thinking about being sellers because they are so buried in the standings

Maker_84
07-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Cubs FINALLY beat the cardinals after being dominated all season

Magdal
07-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Truer words - never posted --

I would like nothing more than seeing the Whiny Birds thinking about being sellers because they are so buried in the standingsThere is one man for sale: Berkman. He has admitted to the press that Craig is the 1st baseman of the future. (and present too)

If he has enough left for the rest of this season, he could help push some club over the top. Cards sure as hell don't win it last year w/o him.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Pittsburgh leads 1-0 on a Presley HR after one in Wandy Rodriguez quick return to town.

Maker_84
07-28-2012, 08:03 PM
have absolutely no faith in the Astros, u might as well count that series as a sweep because the Astros are terrible and look like they've quit on the season, can't say i blame them

Mutaman
07-28-2012, 08:09 PM
They may be terrible, but for Stubbs' heroics they would have taken 2 of 3 from the good guys.

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Halfway home in Houston its 2-1 Pirates

Maker_84
07-28-2012, 08:26 PM
They may be terrible, but for Stubbs' heroics they would have taken 2 of 3 from the good guys.

which is why the Reds need more offense

Moosie52
07-28-2012, 08:29 PM
If the Cubs won this aftedrnoon, why is Comcast Indy showing us the Cubs game right now instead of the Cincinnati game as shown on the guide?

HometownHero
07-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Big two out Triple gives Houston a 3-2 lead after 5.

HometownHero
07-29-2012, 04:24 PM
The Cubs are stupid bad. Maholm spinning a gem then wacky bad defensive alignment screws him and us over.

Freese who loves to go to RF hits a broken bat weak floater right to 2nd base but for some strange reason the Cubs have Barney playing right behind the bag at 2nd. Then they have Joe Mather who just came in the game this inning as a defensive replace is well off the RF line for a LH hitter. Carpenter then hits one down the line and Mather can't get to it and its a double.

So that sets up 2nd and 3rd and a slow Freese at 3rd, the next hitter Greene hits a soft liner into RF and Mather misplays it into a diving catch giving Freese time to get home to make it 2-1, if he just comes in and catches it he either holds or has a great shot at getting hosed.

Maholm is losing it and was down 3-0 before getting Greene to fly out, Berkman then walks, and Descalso does the same and now Maholm is out and that buffoon Dale Sveum has let them load the bases for their RBI machine in a 2-1.

Bad coaching has gave the Cards at least 5 outs this inning and set them up with the bases loaded for this dude who who gets a RBI every game with a 1.176 OPS with RISP while hitting over .380!

HometownHero
07-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Thank god they got out of it, should been a 1-2-3!

HometownHero
07-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Pittsburgh down 6-2 in the top of the 7th with the wheels coming off the James McDonald train now with his 4th bad outing in a row.

texasdave
07-29-2012, 04:38 PM
The Pirates are checking in on Indians outfielder Shin-Soo Choo, Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports (on Twitter). The Pirates would likely have to part with 23-year-old outfielder Starling Marte to complete a trade for Choo, Biertempfel writes.The Indians are likely to keep Choo, but they'll listen to trade offers for him, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reported three days ago. The 30-year-old earns $4.9MM this year and will get a raise this offseason when he goes to arbitration for the third and final time. Choo has a .295/.382/.489 batting line with 12 home runs in 422 plate appearances this year.

Hoping this stays in the rumor stage.

HometownHero
07-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Dale Sveum is going to let the Cardinals win this game! He getting guys on and keep getting them hosed by Molina. He has to be the most clueless manager who never learns in all of baseball.

HometownHero
07-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Wind blown HR ties it up 2-2 here we f'n go again, If that fool Sveum would keep his hands off his teams neck and stop giving up tons of outs on the bases they may get to hit some.

LexRedsFan
07-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Hoping this stays in the rumor stage.

Depends on how high you value Marte, I suppose.

HometownHero
07-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Houston all over the Pirates, now if we can get this stinking baby Bears to hit one up in the wind and get a win we could be rolling. The Cards go to Colorado next and Pirates go to the Cubs so they have some wins on deck.

HometownHero
07-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Freese makes a diving snag to save a run in the 8th, then Mather his a rocket right to the CF Jay. I'm beyond tired of watching the Cards never give up runs, never give up hits with RISP unless they don't score runs which happens for them all the time and never giving up the big hit.

HometownHero
07-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Sveum just brought Marmol into a tie game so this isn't going to be one long is it?

HometownHero
07-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Carlos got it done that inning and looked good doing so now Cubs just need to break the once bad Cardinals BP scoreless run.

HometownHero
07-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Why the Cubs keep playing Luis Valbuena is beyond me that dude is killing them, He hits a pop into shallow LCF and Jay lays out and dives right behind the SS backing out but they manage not to hit each other and drop the ball.

Somehow Boggs ERA is down to a 1.65 not much off from Aroldis with a fraction of the stuff. Curbs now 0-for-9 with RISP something that happens every night for the Cardinals. Boggs was behind every hitter and just walked a guy then DeJesus grounds out on the first pitch and 2 of the 3 outs that inning came on the first pitch.

HometownHero
07-29-2012, 05:46 PM
HELL YES, Rizzo gets one up in the wind to the opposite field for a two-run walk off homer and takes down the Cards today and in the series. Hope this tread is good luck as our rivials are 1-3 since I started as the Pirates lost too.

Maker_84
07-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Houston all over the Pirates, now if we can get this stinking baby Bears to hit one up in the wind and get a win we could be rolling. The Cards go to Colorado next and Pirates go to the Cubs so they have some wins on deck.

Cards dont play good out west and the Cubs play the Pirates tough, probably would have swept them last time had they not had Soriano sit the last game

HometownHero
07-31-2012, 08:47 PM
We better get our heads out of our butts because the Cardinals and Pirates both get 4 in the first and have their best SP going.

The Rage
07-31-2012, 08:51 PM
We better get our heads out of our butts because the Cardinals and Pirates both get 4 in the first and have their best SP going.

Uh, ok

R_Webb18
07-31-2012, 10:34 PM
no hitter thru 7 1/3

HometownHero
07-31-2012, 11:48 PM
The Lucky Birds played the whole month of July and didn't lose a game by more than 2 runs despite 10 losses in the month.

Maker_84
08-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Pirates going to win again

IABucFan
08-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Hold on there...Hanrahan is getting shelled today.

Mr.Redleg82
08-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I thought that if a reliever came in, with the lead, and faced as many batters as his team was up in that in inning then they qualifies for the save. Hanrahan was up 7 and faced 8 batters and didn't get the save. I'm a little rusty on the rules. Can someone help me out here?

jback76
08-01-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm pretty sure your team can't be up by more than 3 runs if you come on to pitch for that one inning and get the save.

texasdave
08-01-2012, 06:21 PM
You can't pitch yourself into a save situation. Hanrahan came in with a 7-run lead. No save.

texasdave
08-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Diamondbacks now just 1.5 behind the Dodgers. 3.0 behind the Giants pending the outcome of tonight's game.

HometownHero
08-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Diamondbacks now just 1.5 behind the Dodgers. 3.0 behind the Giants pending the outcome of tonight's game.

Hope all 3 of those teams beat up on the Cards over the 11 gamers they have left with them, the quicker those guys are put out of their misery the happier I will be.

HometownHero
08-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Cardinals up 3-0 after 2 and a half.

When in the world are the Cardinals ever going to face a team that can beat on their good pitching like SD has us? Teams just can't get a hit with RISP on them and its getting old while they are about to take over the NL lead in RISP hitting on offense.

The Rockies are the best in the NL in hitting with RISP and they are just 8-for-45 .178 vs the Cardinals this year, WTF!

They haven't lost by more than 2 runs since losing twice to Pittsburgh on the 29th and 30th of June, and they done it for 8 more games in a row before those!

HometownHero
08-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Rockies tie it up and have go ahead runner at 3rd and no outs in the 6th

Tadasimha
08-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Rockies just pulled ahead 5-3

R_Webb18
08-01-2012, 10:38 PM
lets go rockies

HometownHero
08-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Rockies take a 5-3 and it could have a shot for more by EY Jr just got made to look like a tool by David Freese on a would be triple. Freese plays if off like no throw was coming so Young slows down and goes standing up, but it was on the way the whole time and he gunned at 3rd when all he had to do was keep running and slide.

Now we just need to Rockies poor pitching to find a way to get 9 outs.

HometownHero
08-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Well they went one out before blowing the lead 6-5 Cardinals.

HometownHero
08-01-2012, 10:52 PM
It is fitting the Rockies best pitcher gives up the 3-run jack to blow the rare lead.

HometownHero
08-01-2012, 11:14 PM
They put the tarp on after the Cardinals score 3 and get the lead, they couldn't do it when Rox had the lead and it was raining hard.

The Reds have gave up 5 ER or more by a SP 18 times this year and that SP has got the win just once all year long, it could happen in the last 3 times in the last 3 wins for the Cardinals if they don't blow this lead, which they aren't with their new magical BP.

When we did Latos went 7.1 with 5 ER, while now they have gave up 6 in 5, and 2 games of 5 in 6 and could get 3 wins for those starters.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 12:37 AM
I hate the Cardinals and their unreal luck! They tack on another run on a WP with two outs to extended it to a 7-5 game.

I worry about them more the the Pirates. They will be over a +100 in run differential when they win tonight and unless you're in the AL East its hard to miss playoffs that high and I would say it will hardly ever happen again with the added WC.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Cardinals went from the worst pen in baseball to suddenly one of the best? WTF

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Cards let Pujols walk and sign Beltran and now he and Holliday are tied for the NL lead in RBI.

Redlegs Homer
08-02-2012, 12:55 AM
Cards let Pujols walk and sign Beltran and now he and Holliday are tied for the NL lead in RBI.

To be fair RBI is a horribly overrated stat. In slugging they are 17th and 20th and 18th and 32nd in ISO. Beltran & Holliday have not fully replaced Pujols.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 12:58 AM
The Cards now lead 8-5 after infield in chopper to 3rd and he throws to home, Holliday 5 feet from home and the Rockies catcher just doesn't tag him in time and he slides in on a sure out. The they score another run after the Rockies botch a rundown allowing the runner to score a 9th run.

I swear to god I have never seen a team as lucky as this franchise in any sport at any level. Teams go out of their way to lose games and about the only way they lose is making errors or not hitting and even when they don't hit you have to win on a walk-off just so they don't come back half the time.

This will be the 26th game in a row they have won or lost by 1 or 2 runs.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 01:02 AM
To be fair RBI is a horribly overrated stat. In slugging they are 17th and 20th and 18th and 32nd in ISO. Beltran & Holliday have not fully replaced Pujols.

Was that before tonight big games for both? Over his last 85 games for Holliday he's hitting .353 its getting real old.

Maker_84
08-02-2012, 01:03 AM
when and if the Cards close to within 3 games of us then ill be worried about them

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 01:07 AM
So the WP with 2 outs, botch play at the plate when runner was out by a mile and screwed up DP which would been a force if the catcher made the tag at home prove to be the difference as the Rockies hit a HR in the 9th but lose by 3.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 01:09 AM
when and if the Cards close to within 3 games of us then ill be worried about them

Its more about just making the playoffs since they always make a run with their mediocre teams. We have to do some major choking for them to get us but want no part of them in playoffs with their luck.

I would rather get no-hit 3 games in a row rather than to lose to them like the Brewers did last year in NLCS.

Maker_84
08-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Its more about just making the playoffs since they always make a run with their mediocre teams. We have to do some major choking for them to get us but want no part of them in playoffs with their luck.

I would rather get no-hit 3 games in a row rather than to lose to them like the Brewers did last year in NLCS.

I dont see Chris Carpenter or Albert Pujols walking through that door for them in the playoffs

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 01:27 AM
I dont see Chris Carpenter or Albert Pujols walking through that door for them in the playoffs

They haven't been there all this year and they have the best run differential in the majors even with all their other injuries. Now they got their BP fix and are healthy again other than Carpenter they are very dangerous. I would feel much better about them playing golf

Maker_84
08-02-2012, 01:38 AM
They haven't been there all this year and they have the best run differential in the majors even with all their other injuries. Now they got their BP fix and are healthy again other than Carpenter they are very dangerous. I would feel much better about them playing golf

run differential is one of the most overrated stats there is. You can win one game by 8 runs and lose the next 3 by 2 runs a piece and have a +2 rating but still have a 1-3 record. It's all about the W's. The Cards remind me of the 2010 Reds where they would beat up on the small fish but when they faced someone equal to or a little better they got smashed.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 02:04 AM
run differential is one of the most overrated stats there is. You can win one game by 8 runs and lose the next 3 by 2 runs a piece and have a +2 rating but still have a 1-3 record. It's all about the W's. The Cards remind me of the 2010 Reds where they would beat up on the small fish but when they faced someone equal to or a little better they got smashed.

Your example is a small sample size over 162 games RD works its self out, if you lead the show in RD you make the dance. Only 8 times in last 10 years has a +100 even missed the playoffs and half of those are in the ultra competitive AL East and that 100 number is just where the Cards are now. Its hard to miss the playoffs when leading your division in RD and if you do its because 4 other teams go deep into the 90's or more in wins to top your 90+ wins.

arkimadee
08-02-2012, 02:39 AM
The one thing I hate. We still have 8 games left against the Phillies. They are beating up on Washington this week and have OWNED us in the past few years. Halladay, Lee and Hamels scare me to death. I don't care what kind of outfielders they have now

Larkin88
08-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Cardinals went from the worst pen in baseball to suddenly one of the best? WTF

Interesting perspective after you call out another poster for sample sizes in the run differential conversation.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Interesting perspective after you call out another poster for sample sizes in the run differential conversation.

Its been over a month how long do you need?

Jason Motte has a 1.40 ERA in his last 17 games
Mitchell Boggs has a 0.91 ERA in his last 33 games
Fernando Salas has a 0.69 in his last 13 games
Marc Rzepczynski has a 1.17 in his last 11 games
Barret Browning has a 2.70 in his last 13 games
Fuentes and Mujica are scoreless since joining the team in limited time.

They cleaned out all the weak links and added veterans, Browning who has the highest ERA on this run had all his career runs given up by the other pitchers.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 09:17 PM
The Cardinals luck is unreal its 0-0 after two. The Rockies have had a RISP with no outs to start both innings but couldn't score and have actually made 17 of 18 outs in the first two innings of this series with RISP and only have 2 runs to show for it and it was in the very first inning of the series.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 09:39 PM
The Cardinals get teams to do the dumbest things against them, Fowler get a routine hit into RF and randomly tries for a double despite not busting it out of the box or the ball being anywhere but right to the RF and he was out by a mile to start the inning then CarGo hits one off the top of the wall that would have scored Fowler.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Jordan Pacheco doubles in CarGo and makes 1-0 Rox on the third hit in a row to start the 4th.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Cardinals get their 5th strike out and throw out DP in under a week. On that DP Helton was never tagged but yet called out.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Alex White was on cruise control for 5 and third but then allows a hit to Schumaker, Jon Jay hits a triple into CF to tie it up at one and they IBB Holliday to face Beltran who hits a double into LF to give the Cardinals the lead and take the NL RBI lead from his teammate.

They then hit Freese to load the bases and White's night is over as he could have been the winner if they Cardinals ever allowed hits with RISP. They bring in a LHP to have Berkman hit from the right side and thankfully get a DP to end the inning and Fowler's dumb baserunning is the difference in the game after not exciting first day of spring plays cost them the game last night.

texasdave
08-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Minor came out of the game with the Braves leading 6-0. He only threw 55 pitches in 3.2 innings.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Minor came out of the game with the Braves leading 6-0. He only threw 55 pitches in 3.2 innings.

Was because of the rain delay wasn't it?

texasdave
08-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Was because of the rain delay wasn't it?

Could be. Makes sense. I have no idea.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Fowler walks and CarGo singles and makes its 1st and 3rd to start the home half of the 6th. Pacheco ties it up on a SF on Jon Jay's second or third diving catch of the game after Fowler couldn't make one on his triple earlier.

texasdave
08-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Jay with a sliding catch in center. Fowler walks home. Tied at 2.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Just how many guys do the Rockies plan on losing on the bases this series? They are working on 3 innings worth of outs!

texasdave
08-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Cargo caught stealing. Two down.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Could be. Makes sense. I have no idea.

I wasn't watching between the Cards/Rockies and Angels/Rangers but I do know they had a long rain delay so seems likely.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Its going to be a BP game here out so lets hope the Cardinals BP realize they shouldn't be getting these guys out at this clip.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Here we go again Helton can't scoop a throw than bounces into first despite a nice big hop, one on one out for Craig who owns LHP. Rex Brothers gets him as he gets away with a hanger outside and he pops out to right but then throws a ball in the dirt and gets away to advance the runner to second but Schumaker can't bring him in.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Fernando Salas on for the Cardinals and DJ LeMahieu greets him with a single to start the inning. Eric Young on to bunts pops a 2-0 bunt over the dugout somehow, and then gets it down and was just out at first. Apparently Freese is the king of BABIP and Bare hand plays.

Tyler Colvin keeps up his pillaging of the Cardinals pitching with a RBI GR-Double to give the Rockies a 3-2 lead!

Red Raindog
08-02-2012, 10:54 PM
3-2 Rocks now

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 10:55 PM
BOOM, their BP finally sprung a leak as this Josh Rutledge kid hit a HR for the 4th consecutive game to make it 5-2 Rox!

texasdave
08-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Redbirds flying low tonight. I like it.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Matt Belisle with an quick and easy 1-2-3 inning after blowing last nights game.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 11:16 PM
A pair of doubles off Browning make it 6-2, it was the first time in his career he's gave up a run while sill on the mound so hopefully this and their SP getting hit hard here of late becomes the norm and not a mile high mirage.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Hell yes all their BP arms are getting rocked now as Wilin Rosario hits a PH Two-Run jack to push it to 8-2

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Berkman acting like he hurt or tweaked his knee again.

R_Webb18
08-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Berkman acting like he hurt or tweaked his knee again.

is it me or do the cardinals always get old/hurt people?

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Rockies win to salvage a game and send the Cards to a season high 8 games out, while also losing ground to both WC leaders and contenders.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 11:33 PM
is it me or do the cardinals always get old/hurt people?

They seem to get tons of old vets but always get the most of them in between injuries, and when they go down whoever fills in becomes just as good if not better than the guy he replaced.

Australian Red
08-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Great result for us Cards getting a fair way back now.

HometownHero
08-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Getting an afternoon win and watching the Cards lose at night is a great sports day.

Mr.Redleg82
08-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Getting an afternoon win and watching the Cards lose at night is a great sports day.

Agreed, only the Pirates losing as well could have made it better

Red Raindog
08-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Agreed, only the Pirates losing as well could have made it better

that is Friday's job!

Mr.Redleg82
08-03-2012, 12:03 AM
that is Friday's job!

That's what I'm talking about! Go Reds!

HometownHero
08-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Lance Berkman has officially been put on the DL, its the 3rd time already this season. He has only 2 HR and 7 RBI and Pujols is gone but yet they still are 2nd in the majors with 4.95 RPG behind Texas and play in a pitchers park. They only posted 4.70 RPG last year and had Albert along with Berkman's 31 jacks and .959 OPS.

HometownHero
08-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Joe Kelly give up 3 in the second to put the Cards down 3-0 after one and a half, Maybe today will be the first time in his career he's gives up more than 3 runs in a start?

jmac
08-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Where I live, I pick up a STL station loud and clear so sometimes I check out and see what they are saying about Reds.
Tonight John Rooney said in STL pregame show:
"we dont even check on scores of the Reds games anymore, we know what they are doing."
I havent heard too many compliments from the STL camp this season but that qualifies as one. ;)

HometownHero
08-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Brewers miss a golden opportunity to give Mr Kelly a 4th run allowed for the first time in his career. First two reach but Weeks grounds into a force just beating the DP to set up first and their. But then Maldonado K's failing to get the run in and Ransom does the same on a blown ball 4 call.

bigredmechanism
08-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Indeed.

They are scaring me less and less with each passing game.

Maybe they have really quit on Matheny?

miamiredskin
08-03-2012, 11:37 PM
the Pirates lost tonight.

HometownHero
08-04-2012, 01:35 AM
Indeed.

They are scaring me less and less with each passing game.

Maybe they have really quit on Matheny?

I don't think they can get us at this point unless we fold against them head to head but they can make the playoffs and very much scare me.

HometownHero
08-04-2012, 01:52 AM
So much for Joe Kelly giving up more than 3 inning as he still just give up 3 despite 10 hits and 2 walks over 5.1 now 10 for 10 in staying under 3 runs in his career despite 3 or 4 times giving up 3 runs in one inning. Stuff like this is why I hate the Cardinals, they see Garcia get hurt and replace him with this kid working magic just like Lynn for Carpenter.

Other goofy things aggravating me are their BP is uninhabitable outside of Denver for well over a month now. Thy never give up hits with RISP while they get a ton, and teams give up countless outs on the bases while people like Molina are 10 for 11 stealing. Tonight Molina took 2 bases and in each one they threw the ball away for an additional base. The whole team has a crazy BABIP and everything falls for them while they make diving plays left and right regardless of how poor the defender is.

HometownHero
08-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Cards 0-0 after 1 on SNB

HometownHero
08-05-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm so sick of the Cardinals we will see them in the playoffs or they will challenge us for the Division before its all over. They are getting their weak hitters killing the ball now, I've never seen a franchise this lucky in my life.

HometownHero
08-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Ryan Braun swings at a ball that was almost a WP with RISP to K the the first time and comes back up and pops the first pitch up with two guys on in his second AB. He's a .250 hitter vs the Cardinals this year in 11 games while he's raking us for 344.

HometownHero
08-05-2012, 09:22 PM
The Brewers are 2-for-21 .095 in this series with RISP!?!

HometownHero
08-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Milwaukee gets 6 innings of 1 run ball out of Marco Estrada but Can't get a single run off sudden great pitcher Kyle Lohse who's down to a 2.79 this year after 3.39 last year after 4.79 his first 292 games.

HometownHero
08-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Edward Mujica comes in for the 7th and gives up a hit to Cody Ransom and then Nyjer Morgan pops up a bunt for double play and Ransom just stands halfway to second as Molina laughs and throws him out at first. WTF

HometownHero
08-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Card luck strikes yet again! Estrada pulled after 84 pitches of holding down the Cards so Morgan can pop up a bunt for a DP. Then some dude named Jim Henderson comes in an gives up a 3rd hit to Descalso who is hitting over .280 with a web gem a night for the last month and a half and then with two outs Craig hits a double to make it 2-0.

Billy_Bearcat
08-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Cards will only be 7 back and we have to go into Milwaukee after they've just been swept. Yuck!

HometownHero
08-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Mitchell Boggs has a ERA this year of 1.51 and hasn't given up a run since June 12th and just 3 runs over his last 35 games for a 0.85 ERA. He owed a 4.34 career heading into 2012.

HometownHero
08-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Beltran just got a double off the bag as Hart was right there to field it, LOL you can't make this never ending run of luck up!

Maker_84
08-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Cardinals are a lucky team at times but you cant doubt their talent. They're right there with the Reds in overall ability while the Pirates are a distant 2nd to both

HometownHero
08-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Cardinals are a lucky team at times but you cant doubt their talent. They're right there with the Reds in overall ability while the Pirates are a distant 2nd to both

I can clearly doubt their talent, they have a non stop run of guys having career years.

HometownHero
08-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Starting to get unconformable as Mike Matheny has finally got it figured out with his BP and they're getting nobodies starting to hit while Matt Holliday is making a MVP push with a career best OPS+. The Cardinals are now 59-49 after losing tons of tons close games early, they were 57-51 last year at this point.

Brewers got ran over in St Louis just in time for their offense to heat back up against us as the Giants head into St Louis after scoring a ton in Denver. After the Brewers go to St Louis and score 4 runs, I will be happy if we can hold them to 3x that.

Will be hard for the Cards to catch up to us, but we could be seeing them in a short NLDS which I want no part of where anything can happen, just ask Philly last year.

Maker_84
08-05-2012, 11:01 PM
you have to remember that the Cards have played an easier schedule up until now, the rest of their games from here on out are pretty tough

HometownHero
08-05-2012, 11:09 PM
you have to remember that the Cards have played an easier schedule up until now, the rest of their games from here on out are pretty tough

The Cards never had issues with good teams that's what scares me, plus they just don't give up runs at home and have 16/19 there and start that 3-0 with the 3 road games in Philly who have nothing left but pitchers but the Cards offense is the leagues best.

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Last 38 games
27-11 -- Reds
24-14 -3 Cardinals
24-14 -3 Pirates

Good thing we got hot at the right time but kinda sucks we played .710 ball for just shy of a quarter of the season and only gained 3 games. The Cards are 1-5 vs us and Pittsburgh during that run so they are 23-9 .719 against the rest of baseball over that period. We are 5-1 while the Pirates are 3-3 again t the other two teams.

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 08:35 PM
For the 3rd time in the last 5 games a guy just randomly decides to go to second on Beltran on a routine play and is gunned by a mile for the 3rd out, he then leads off the next inning with a HR to tie it up.

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 08:46 PM
There is no doubt in my mind we will face the Cardinals in the playoffs with then white hot yet again. They have no problems with teams Aces as they are all over Matt Cain tonight and his 4.54 career ERA vs them is on the rise.

Since they got their BP ironed out they are lights out at home giving up well under 2 ERA over last month plus, we may need to win 100 games to take the division with the way they are going to roll the next two months.

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Giants get first two guys on but the Cardinals just don't give up hits with RISP and they go 1-2-3 after that for a 0-for-3 start. How the hell can this team be this lucky?

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Giants score 35 runs the series before coming to St Louis and get a lead off HR but are down 2-1 halfway home while Pittsburgh is 4-0 heading into the 9th. Anyone else getting the feeling this could get uncomfortable fast?

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Pittsburgh wins but Buster Posey pops a solo HR to tie it up in the top of the 6th in St Louis.

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Cards doing what the Cards do as the answer right the eff back after losing their lead. 2012 NL MVP Matt Holliday doubles to start the inning, he then tags up on a FB to CF and then scores on Freese SF to make it 3-2. The only way to beat these fools is to score in 8th or on walkoff.

Getting real old with these guys doing this year after year.

Maker_84
08-06-2012, 09:57 PM
both teams are positioning themselves nicely into striking distance against the Reds. Thats what great starting pitching can do

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 10:05 PM
both teams are positioning themselves nicely into striking distance against the Reds. Thats what great starting pitching can do

Not liking them blasting good teams this is about to be 4 in a row off the Dodgers and Giants post deadline deals. The Cards are locks for the playoffs the only question is if they get past us or not,

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Cards eat Cain's lunch yet again and he's done after 5 ER in 5 and 2/3.

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 10:31 PM
The Giants actually got the fake to third play to work in a 1st and 3rd situation but also managed to not get a out despite the fact the runner from 1st took off early.

Cards then take a 6-2 lead after Scutaro can't handle a Freese chopper over the bag at 3rd, Molina then walked and Jay gets his 4th hit of the night to make it 8-2, WTF?

HometownHero
08-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Yuck Cards win again to make it 4 in a row to start this 16 of 19 at home. 13-4 in their last 17 overall and 16 of last 19 at home. Now won 4 in a row from Dodgers and Giants who were suppose to help us out, Not liking it one bit!

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Only one time in the last 31 games have the Cardinals lost more than 2 runs, how the hell is that even possible? We've done it 5 times in several fewer losses.

One of the main reasons I hate them and that I'm afraid of the Cardinals they are only 6 back and have a 16-29 record in 1 and 2 run games with 6-19 of that on the road. They have their BP fixed now and are playing at home so that is bound to even out, if they had our record in the situation we would be the ones 6 games out.

P.E.R#14
08-07-2012, 09:22 AM
The arrival of WTFMang and the absense of BRM7675 is suspicious at best.

Go Reds!!

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 12:01 PM
The arrival of WTFMang and the absense of BRM7675 is suspicious at best.

Go Reds!!

Didn't know they made tinfoil Reds hats?

Larkin88
08-07-2012, 02:36 PM
They have their BP fixed now and are playing at home so that is bound to even out, if they had our record in the situation we would be the ones 6 games out.

Not really sure what to make of this. I'm with you through them improving their BP, as they have... but the "if they had our record in the situation we would be the ones 6 games out" piece seems a little... obvious.

We haven't had that record in that situation because we have the best bullpen in the National League. Yes, I suspect we would be a lesser team without them. Just as I suspect the Cardinals would be a lesser team without your self-proclaimed MVP Matt Holliday.

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Today's ridiculous lucky Cardinal stat.
They have won 11 of 12 at home by the score of 78-26 that's a 6.5 to 2.2 average score! 15 of the 26 have came over 3 games leaving 11 runs allowed for the other 9 games thanks 8 of the 12 games they have held teams to 2 or less runs.

On the current 4 game stand they have allowed 6 runs to the Brewers and Giants over 4 games, those same Giants scored 35 in 3 before heading to St Louis and the Brewers had 41 in 4 before going to get 4 runs in the series in St Louis before coming back home and like clock work hitting us for a 6 spot in one game and costing us a game in the standings.

When in the hell are these dudes going to start having some bad luck?

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 07:49 PM
At Least the D-backs seem to have brought their bats today after 2 hits last night both by Goldschmidt as they are up 2-1 on Pittsburgh in top of the 3rd.

Maker_84
08-07-2012, 08:00 PM
At Least the D-backs seem to have brought their bats today after 2 hits last night both by Goldschmidt as they are up 2-1 on Pittsburgh in top of the 3rd.

not really, just failed big time with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out. Pains me to see that teams just cant hit with RISP against the Pirates and Cards

Maker_84
08-07-2012, 08:07 PM
and the buccos come right back and tie it just like that. If you cant hit with RISP then you dont deserve to win

BluegrassRedleg
08-07-2012, 08:08 PM
I don't think we're going to get any help from the hapless D-Backs this week.

Maker_84
08-07-2012, 08:10 PM

i wouldnt be surprised if Pittsburgh 4 game swept them at this point

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Buster Posey jacks a big 3-run shot off Lance Lynn in the first but unfortunately with the bases loaded in the second with one down Marco Scutaro hits a rope right to Freese for a around the horn DP. Scary thing about it Zito is working for SF and Lynn gets a stupid amount of run support.

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 08:51 PM

They play 7 of next 10 with our Division rivals so hopefully they get hot on one of them with their season on the line.

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Don't tell me the Giants letting Lynn off the hook in the second will let him settle in and we get yet another Cardinals game with only one inning of allowed runs allowing their crazy offense to come back.

Good news from the Burgh as D-Backs escape a jam and still lead 3-2 after 6 full.

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Allen Craig hits a HR and makes it 3-1, he's been in a slump for a month plus and they are winning so the last thing we need is to see him get hot to go with Matt Holliday who's hitting .407 his last 45 games.

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 09:25 PM
not really, just failed big time with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out. Pains me to see that teams just cant hit with RISP against the Pirates and Cards

In the last 40 innings the Cardinals have held teams to 2 hits with RISP and both of them happened today and one of those didn't even score a run!

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Bad news from Pittsburgh as the Pirates tied it and have the sacks packed and no outs.

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 09:40 PM
The Cardinals luck is unfreaking real, Beltran leaps and grabs a Pence ball off the very top of the wall to take away a RBI double the inning after Jay makes a long running over the shoulder catch at the wall to take a double away a RBI double from Pagan with two on.

D-Backs limit the damage and are down 4-3 heading into the 8th in Pittsburgh.

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Allen Craig hits his second HR of the game and makes it 3-2 I he heats up with Holliday, Beltran and Fresse I will be severally uncomfortable.

I swear I've watched this same Cards game seemingly every night for a month and a half, give up runs early and then the other team just can't score anymore as the Cards come back and get the lead late. At Least when they are on the road they can lose on walkoffs.

But we get some good news again as the D-Backs tie it and have 1st and 2nd with no outs in the 8th.

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Allen Craig hits his second HR of the game and makes it 3-2 I he heats up with Holliday, Beltran and Fresse I will be severally uncomfortable.

I swear I've watched this same Cards game seemingly every night for a month and a half, give up runs early and then the other team just can't score anymore as the Cards come back and get the lead late. At Least when they are on the road they can lose on walkoffs.

But we get some good news again as the D-Backs tie it and have 1st and 2nd with no outs in the 8th.

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Chris Johnson hits a 3-run jack to make it 7-4 Snakes, he's been great for them since getting out of Houston. The Pirates are already missing Brad Lincoln.

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Hopefully a sign of some good luck for us and a rare bad break for the Cards as the Cardinals had Belt picked off but the ball hits him in the back on the way to second and he comes in on a double by Joaquin Arias to make it 4-2, but they couldn't get the extra run in from second.

Hope tonight is the night they realize their BP is just some random guys and actually give up some runs at sea level for a change.

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Do teams honestly don't know Molina and Beltran have good arms? Teams keep on giving the Cardinals out. Beltran alone has 5 OF assists in his last 7 games!

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Do teams honestly don't know Molina and Beltran have good arms? Teams keep on giving the Cardinals out. Beltran alone has 5 OF assists in his last 7 games!

EMAW
08-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Bucs lost, one more day gone in the season and the Reds still on top. Win tomorrow and get 3 of 4 at Wrigley

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Thank goodness the Cardinals offense other than Craig didn't show up tonight and they lost yet another 2 run or less game. Also glad Buster Posey got his HR with 2 guys on rather than a SOLO like last night.

Wasted a nice chance to gain distance but at least none was lost with the Pirates losing as well, Hate losing a game with Cueto working to a bad team but at least we knocked one off the magic number.

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 11:11 PM
5 OF assists for Beltan in the 7 games is some amazing luck with some poor base running.

Jefferson24
08-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Bucs lost, one more day gone in the season and the Reds still on top. Win tomorrow and get 3 of 4 at Wrigley

I would take that, but they have to start hitting the ball!

HometownHero
08-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Cubs need to start being the Cubs are home, they have won 13 of their last 18 at Wrigley but have the last two both to the Pirates.

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 05:20 PM
We sure need both of these teams to lose again to maintain this lead over the bad stretch.

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 05:42 PM
May have some positive news from St Louis with Allen Craig out with some unknown injury. They said that it happened away from the field and the GM will address the media about it, so that and Matheny saying he would rather have the medical staff explain it afterwards makes it seem like something odd.

So they are without their 1B, SS and have their worst player playing 2B and have Joe Kelly going who has yet to give up more than 3 runs in his 10 big league starts, so he's due. On top of that they are facing the current NL ERA leaded in Vogelsong.

EDIT:
Wow the Cardinals are drama queens all this media attention and a GM press conference for just some chest pains from diving in the stands all the way back when they played us? WTF, In other news Furcal received an injection today so maybe he will be limited down the stretch.

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Snakes strike first as Chris Johnson stays white hot after the trade to make it 1-0 and set up 1st and 3rd with no outs in the first. Goldschmidt follows with a SF to make it 2-0

Maker_84
08-08-2012, 07:17 PM
sad that the reds couldnt build on a lead when both of these teams could lose today

texasdave
08-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Snakes strike first as Chris Johnson stays white hot after the trade to make it 1-0 and set up 1st and 3rd with no outs in the first. Goldschmidt follows with a SF to make it 2-0

Chris Johnson would have been a nice pickup for the Reds.

Maker_84
08-08-2012, 08:09 PM
buccos are in control now but Diamondbacks just dodged a bullet

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Leaving a 2-0 game to go pick up dinner and come back its its a 4-2 game the other way isn't very fun but at least the Giants got 3 singles in a row with two outs to take a 1-0 lead off Joe Kelly and the Cardinals.

Hope tonight is the night Kelly's high WHIP actually results in some runs scoring.

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 08:39 PM
D-Backs get 2 back and tie things up half way home.

BPhil4
08-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Pirates resond and retake the lead. They always seem to immediately answer.

Maker_84
08-08-2012, 08:51 PM
they actually hit the ball with RISP, what a novel concept?

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Ian Kennedy has totally fell off this season for Arizona. In St Louis Pagan gets a single to start the 3rd and goes to 3rd on a error by Kelly on a PO attempt and scores on a Marco Scutaro RBI single to make it 2-0 Giants.

BluegrassRedleg
08-08-2012, 09:00 PM
1-5, the Bucs are clearly superior to the Reds right now. We're hanging our hopes on pitching depth and defense. Can it hold up down the stretch?

Maker_84
08-08-2012, 09:13 PM
1-5, the Bucs are clearly superior to the Reds right now. We're hanging our hopes on pitching depth and defense. Can it hold up down the stretch?

i always said to never take the bucs offense lightly because even with a healthy Votto i still take their offense over the Reds

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Pirates depth is what worries me, seems like every few days they make a roster move and call someone else up and get some big hits from them. When the rosters expand they will have all kinds of weapons to use.

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 09:21 PM
San Francisco just let a good scoring chance slip by, I just can't get over how this Joe Kelly dude has a 1.40 WHIP and just doesn't give up more than 3 runs. He gave them a free run with a two base error tonight and its looking like it will be his 11th start in a row to start his career giving up 3 or less runs.

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 09:22 PM
I hate Jon Jay he hits maybe one ball hard a week and is hitting .306

BluegrassRedleg
08-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Bases loaded for D-backs in 7th.

BluegrassRedleg
08-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Chris Young takes 3 out of 4 pitches, strikes out, freaks out, gets run. D-backs leave bases loaded.

BluegrassRedleg
08-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Young took 3 strikes, all perfect pitches in the zone per Pitch Fx, and lost his mind. Sweet Lou would have been proud of that tirade.

BPhil4
08-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Young took 3 strikes, all perfect pitches in the zone per Pitch Fx, and lost his mind. Sweet Lou would have been proud of that tirade.

The last two pitches were def inside. Not strikes.

BluegrassRedleg
08-08-2012, 09:45 PM
The last two pitches were def inside. Not strikes.

Every one of 'em showed up as strikes both on PitchFx and the TV strike zone.

BluegrassRedleg
08-08-2012, 09:45 PM
I wish they weren't. Just sayin' ... :p

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Melky Cabrera picks up a hustle double to start the 6th, Buster Posey follows up with a walk and then Hunter Pence gets a RBI single to make it 3-0 and put Kelly in danger to giving up a 4th run even if its unearned.

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Brandon Belt bloops one into left but the run does score and with the bases loaded and no outs the Cardinals worst play burns them as he lefts a DP ball go right between his legs for 2 runs to make it 5-0 and Kelly is gone with runners at 1st and 3rd with no outs.

I bet Tyler Greene is released in the next few days you have gotta see this play he just botched.

BluegrassRedleg
08-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Tying run to the plate for ARZ. Raining in PIT.

texasdave
08-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Go-ahead run at the plate. 7-6 now.

BluegrassRedleg
08-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Pouring down rain in PIT now. They're doing everything possible to get this thing in.

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Crawford dumps one into left for a 6-0 lead, Vogelsong just missed a bunt single with the ball rolling just foul at the last moment but eventually gets it down to push the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Angel Pagan makes that pay off with a SF to push the score to 7-0.

Giants bat around in the 6th and Joe Kelly finally gets hit with a bad start.

BluegrassRedleg
08-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Hanrahan continues to throw absolutely nothing in the strike zone and get people out.

BluegrassRedleg
08-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Lead is 2 1/2.

Maker_84
08-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Raise the Jolly Roger, that lead is slimming and fast

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Hope the Cardinals infield doesn't get healthy for a while since they look like a whole different team when they aren't making all the plays.

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I wish we won today this 11-0 beat down of the Cards and their massive run differential would even more enjoyable.

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Mike Matheny uses Mitchell Boggs who hasn't allowed a run in 23 appearances and had a 1.51 ERA in a 11-0 game for some strange reason and he gives up a grand slam to make it 15-0 and had to pull him with only 1 out in the 9th to burn another guy.

Hope getting busted up for a change gets in his head and he goes back to his previous self.

HometownHero
08-09-2012, 12:05 AM
The Astros are 4-33 in their last 37 games! We have 6 left with them, the Pirates 6 as well and the Cardinals have 9 left with them. If one of the three get them and they lay an egg it could be a massive blow to their playoff chances.

P.E.R#14
08-09-2012, 01:10 PM
they actually hit the ball with RISP, what a novel concept?

Pirates are batting .241 w/RISP

Reds .243

Go Reds!

Maker_84
08-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Pirates are batting .241 w/RISP

Reds .243

Go Reds!

That stat is kind of skewed now considering the Pirates started out the first month or so with the worst offense by far and since have been pretty good

P.E.R#14
08-09-2012, 01:40 PM
That stat is kind of skewed now considering the Pirates started out the first month or so with the worst offense by far and since have been pretty good

And the Reds just shot out of the gates, right?

:thumbdown:

HometownHero
08-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Cards up 2-0 and Adam Wainwright looks like an elite pitcher once again and in the worst news of the day they got rid of their worst player as Tyler Greene was traded to Houston.

BluegrassRedleg
08-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Sparse crowd in STL. That looks odd.

BluegrassRedleg
08-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Giants on the board, 2-1 STL.

John Jay just did his best Edmonds "slide" on a catch he could have made with relative ease. :p

HometownHero
08-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Cardinals get a big break as Jon Jay was thrown out at third on a steal but the umpire called him safe and he comes in to score on a SF to make it 3-1.

HometownHero
08-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Jason Kubel hit a 2 run shot to give the D-Backs an early lead, the Cardinals get 4 hits and win 3-1 on a 2-Run shot by Beltran and SF after a blown call at 3rd.

BluegrassRedleg
08-09-2012, 04:25 PM
STL tops SF.

BluegrassRedleg
08-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Not even worth watching this. Arizona is a clown show. /click

Maker_84
08-09-2012, 04:48 PM
And the Reds just shot out of the gates, right?

:thumbdown:

Agreed they didnt but looking at their offense right now besides that little hot streak they just went on they've remained the same all season which is below average while the Pirates have made massive strides with their hitting

texasdave
08-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Will Nieves just sneaks a two-run shot over the left-field wall. Arizona takes a 4-3 lead.

Who Dey Time
08-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Arizona takes a 4-3 lead top 6.

texasdave
08-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Texasdave just watched Jason Kubel hit another two-run bomb. 6-3 Ssssssnakes.

BluegrassRedleg
08-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Arizona apparently does better when I'm not watching. I'll stay away from that one until it's over. :D

Maker_84
08-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Snakes help the reds today

Mutaman
08-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Good series by the Diamonbacks. They always play hard. Reflection on their manager who played as hard as anyone ever.

HometownHero
08-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Snakes help the reds today

Now the Reds need to help themselves for a change this week.

I still hope Pittsburgh makes it into the playoffs I feel bad for them that the last two years of them trying all their trades bring back weak returns on top of almost two decades of losing baseball.

Plus if they make it then there is an excellent chance the Cardinals don't because making the playoffs in the first year of the new WC set up would fit right in with their luck.

Maker_84
08-09-2012, 07:49 PM
i will never feel sorry for a Pittsburgh team in anything.....EVER. I want them to lose every game even to St. Louis, they have some of the most obnoxious fans you will ever see if they can get consistently good, just as bad as Steeler fans

HometownHero
08-09-2012, 08:58 PM
i will never feel sorry for a Pittsburgh team in anything.....EVER. I want them to lose every game even to St. Louis, they have some of the most obnoxious fans you will ever see if they can get consistently good, just as bad as Steeler fans

No fans are worse than Cardinals fans, they have the most arrogant fans of any team in any sport. If you think Pittsburgh fans are worse you need to have the unfortunate of being around Cardinals fans. They call themselves the best fans in baseball and look down on every team as substandard. They recently had a big thread on one of their boards knocking us as bad fanbase because of attendance.

HometownHero
08-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Season turning sour for James McDonald, his ERA jumped from 2.19 to 3.46 over his last 9+ starts after he gives up a HR in the first to make it 1-0. The Pirates get an error and a single to start the home half but McCutchen lines out and Jones hits a fielders choice getting the runner at the plate and Walker can't get it done with 2 outs to blow a major shot at scoring.

If they lose this game and ultimately the series their run could come crashing down with 7 with the Dodgers and Cardinals to follow.

HometownHero
08-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Kyle Lohse hasn't lost on the road since May 4th and just once in his last 15 road starts. Today seems like a good day to change that.

HometownHero
08-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Second year in a row the Cardinals sign a 35yo and he has a career year as Beltan hits his 28th HR to give the Cardinals a 1-0 lead.

HometownHero
08-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Ryan Howard doubles in his first AB against the Cardinals since he got hurt in game 5 of NLDS and scores on a Dom Brown single off the 2B's glove to start the 2nd. Pittsburgh also tied it up at one on a Starling Marte single.

EDIT
Garrett Jones just made it 2-1 on his 17th HR for the Pirates

Jefferson24
08-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Padres making it pretty easy so far tonight.

Ohayou
08-10-2012, 08:26 PM
5-1 Pirates. Volquez at 90+ pitches with less than 4 innings of work.

HometownHero
08-10-2012, 08:31 PM
McDonald settling in after a bad first and 5 previous bad starts. Starling Marte and Travis Snider have been doing good since getting called up and coming over in trade.

Maker_84
08-10-2012, 08:41 PM
No surprise with Volquez in this one, Bucs have a good offense and Volquez is beyond awful